Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
It's going to be his 3rd team in 4 years and he's only 22. To me that raise to major red flags

For a pick i guess it could be worth a shot but i wouldn't give anything of much value for him at this point

Davey Angels

Jan 4, 2018
As per TSN, St Louis will have scouts for tonight’s game. There’s talks that St Louis could be willing to deal prospects Robert Thomas and Jordan Kyrou as per of a package for Max Pacioretty. St Louis does not have a first round pick this year due to Brayden Schenn trade.

Thomas is a centerman shoots right and 6’ 180lbs. Kyrou is 6’ 170lbs.

We could really turn around fast with Thomas, Kyrou, top 5 pick this year, 3 second rounders this summer.

We could get something good for Plekanec also. Really restock our prospect pool.

Better yet, The Dorion Double Down:

To STL Blues: Mike Hoffman for Jordan Kyrou and Robert Thomas

To OTT: Max Pacioretty and Charlie Lindgren for Mike Hoffman and conditional 2018 first round pick (if not top 10, unconditional 2019 first round pick)

To MTL: Jordan Kyrou, Robert Thomas, and Ottawa's conditional 2018 first round pick (if not top 10, unconditional 2019 first round pick) for Max Pacioretty and Charlie Lindgren

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If i am Bergevin i call Pittsburgh and ask for Sprong and a 2nd/3rd draft pick for Plekanec.
They may get some laugh sickness out of it and not be able to put any offers for MaxPac afterward. I wouldn't risk it :sarcasm:

Although alienating any possibility of getting a broken Letang is valuable, I admit. ;)

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
For a team to actually want Plekanec on the roster at this point... I don't know, mentorship? Did he not seem to take Lehkonen under his wing? I thought Lehkonen's dad was thankful for that in an interview. They'd want him more for his brains than his ability.

Reactions: vokiel

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Pac and mete for chychrun, duclair , strome
Not bad a trade, actually. Question marks about the kids reaching their upside, but a fair deal by adding size in what amounts to Chychrun VS Mete swap.

I'd have preferred it if you could flip Alzner instead of Mete, but you have to be serious in these proposals ;)

Actually, I'd rather give up the Dr. Jeckyll version of Petry (you never know what you get with him) than Mete)

To PHO:

Pacioretty, Petry

To MON:

Chychrun, Duclair, Strome, 2nd rounder

Jos

Jan 5, 2018
Would you be happy with this kind of line up next year?

Josh Bailey 6.5MJohn Tavares 10.5MBrendan Gallagher 3.75M
Jonathan Drouin 5.5MAlex Galchenyuk 4.9MArtturi Lehkonen 0.839M
Charles Hudon 0.65MPhilip Danault 3MAndrew Shaw 3.9M
Nicolas Deslauriers 0.9MMichael McCarron 0.9MDaniel Carr 1M
Jacob de la Rose 0.775M
Calvin de Haan 4.5MShea Weber 7.857M
Jakub Jerabek 1.3MJeff Petry 5.5M
Victor Mete 0.75MJordie Benn 1.1M
Joe Morrow 0.7M
Carey Price 10.5M
Charlie Lindgren 0.8M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Total CAP: 76.1M

I trade Pacio + Byron for: 2 1st rounder + Prospect A
Plek for: 2nd rounder
Alzner and Schlemko for: Picks (I don't care which one)

That doesn't take in consideration if we draft someone like Dahlin or someone else who could help us in 18-19

With the cap left I wait until 19-20 and get someone like Karlson or another big D (19-20 for D UFA is a really good year). You could trade Shaw and bring Scherbak if you need more cap space for someone like Karlson and the cap should go up again in 19-20.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
TSN mentioned this morning that the Rangers and Nashville might target Pacioretty because two key injuries Forsberg expected to be out for 6 weeks and Kreider is out indefinitely probably for the season.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Now that I think about it. The Rangers do have Desharnais.

Chytil and Skjei and 1st round pick?

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I'm going to put this here because I think we are in sell mode but I think this may end up being a stand alone discussion this off season.
We rationalized the loss of Rads because the last 2-3 years of his deal would be bad. We saw Plecky deteriorating before our eyes. We see Alzner as a giant albatross contract. We won't resign Patches because his next contract will most likely be a massive over payment. Are we witnessing a paradigm shift in the league regarding diminishing assets?
The superstars will obviously be exempt but are players shelf lives being reduced to early 30's? Are we going to continue to see young players position themselves for bigger paydays quicker like Draisaitl, who may not be worth that money at 30 or others that make sure they sign the big long term deal at 26-27?
Will we get to the point where 1-2 year deals become the norm for most 30 year olds?

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
1) Hemsky. Hope he can get healthy soon so MTL has time to showcase him. Cheap Veteran might get us a late pick
2) Deslauriers. He's a UFA at the end of the season and playing great. Would a 4th/5th round pick be possible? Hopefully we could re-sign him in the summer
3) Niemi. Another soon to be UFA on a cheap contract. Another late pick might be possible
4) Cracknell. Buried in the AHL but he played 69 games for Dallas last year. Big guy 6'2 218lb and scoring at a point per game pace in Laval
5) Terry. Played 130 games for Carolina previous two seasons (2015 & 16). 38 points in 33 games in the AHL this season.

All of the above are UFA's and with Laval and Montreal not making the playoffs a few late picks would help our future.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I'm going to put this here because I think we are in sell mode but I think this may end up being a stand alone discussion this off season.
We rationalized the loss of Rads because the last 2-3 years of his deal would be bad. We saw Plecky deteriorating before our eyes. We see Alzner as a giant albatross contract. We won't resign Patches because his next contract will most likely be a massive over payment. Are we witnessing a paradigm shift in the league regarding diminishing assets?
The superstars will obviously be exempt but are players shelf lives being reduced to early 30's? Are we going to continue to see young players position themselves for bigger paydays quicker like Draisaitl, who may not be worth that money at 30 or others that make sure they sign the big long term deal at 26-27?
Will we get to the point where 1-2 year deals become the norm for most 30 year olds?

Yes, it's trending that way. Teams now have to be built with the salary cap as much a key component in composition as player ability. Even more than now, stars and elite players will be core on bigger and longer contracts, and teams will be filled in with younger players on three years of ELC contracts or four more years (2 + 2) of RFA contracts. There will still be some $3M to $4.5M players on teams, good players one step below the stars, but they will mostly be no later than in later twenties.

Younger players also mean a faster game. Teams like Vegas with their no name brand young fast players are showing the advantage of having a young fast team playing to its fullest. (Take away their guys on IR and they have only two regular players over 30, both on short term low salary contracts.) Demand and large contracts for slower over 30 year old players will be scarce.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad