Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Sure, Duclair is a decent reclamation project and the team is garbage offensively. If Pacioretty is moved, he's got a pretty good shot at the top-9.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Sure, Duclair is a decent reclamation project and the team is garbage offensively. If Pacioretty is moved, he's got a pretty good shot at the top-9.

Pretty much.

I only take a shot at Duclair if Pacioretty is moved for futures. If not, I don’t see a roster spot for him in our top 9.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Now that I think about it. The Rangers do have Desharnais.

Chytil and Skjei and 1st round pick?

Can't target key roster players with teams going for it. So Skjei would have to be excluded.

Chytil and a 1st is already a steal, IMO. Sure would be nice.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I doubt Pens GM is that stupid.
Pittsburgh as of now are are 3 points out of a playoffd spot with more game played and I doubt owership will want to make the playoffs. They miss Bonino quite a bit and i am not saying Plekanec will replace him, but Plekanec is having a decent season. 6 points behind the team leading scorer while playing 3 minutes less a game against the other team best players and not seeing any PP time. He's one of our best face off man and best defensive player. Pittsburgh doesn't need help scoring goals, they need help keeping the best opposing forward in check, which Plekanec can do very well still. A Plekanec retained as definitely some value and Pittsburgh could be a good fit.

Last edited:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Pittsburgh as of now are are 3 points out of a playoffd spot with more game played and I doubt owership will want to make the playoffs. They miss Bonino quite a bit and i am not saying Plekanec will replace him, but Plekanec is having a decent season. 6 points behind the team leading scorer while playing 3 minutes less a game against the other team best players and not seeing any PP time. He's one of our best face off man and best defensive player. Pittsburgh doesn't need help scoring goals, they need help keeping the best opposing forward in check, which Plekanec can do very well still. A Plekanec retained as definitely some value and Pittsburgh could be a good fit.

Agreed about some value, but Sprong+2nd/3rd isn't just some value. Sprong is one of their best prospects (if not their best) and is having a great year in the AHL, Plekanec wouldn't get him alone. Wouldn't mind a 2nd though, if we retain salary.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Agreed about some value, but Sprong+2nd/3rd isn't just some value. Sprong is one of their best prospects (if not their best) and is having a great year in the AHL, Plekanec wouldn't get him alone. Wouldn't mind a 2nd though, if we retain salary.
That could be the case and Bergevin should start with my offer and negotiate. Plekanec is having a good season considering his ice time and he's been our most consistent player this year.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
You are aiming too high. But to answer: + would start with Gallagher because of age and contract, then 2 best prospects in Mete and Poehling, finally a few 1st round picks.

That's ridiculously high a demand for him.

I can see Pacioretty, Gallagher and a 1st, though, as the asking price.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009

I think a realistic trade to the Pens could be Plek's at 50% and Byron. Could that combo return Sprong and a pick? idk, but I think it would be close. Kinda similar to the Weise/Fleischmann to Chicago deal.

edit: We could also take on Hagelin to help them out and likely get some value back.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I think a realistic trade to the Pens could be Plek's at 50% and Byron. Could that combo return Sprong and a pick? idk, but I think it would be close. Kinda similar to the Weise/Fleischmann to Chicago deal.
I think Byron and Plekanec at 50% is twice as valuable as Weise/Fleischmann. I mean i want a 1st back for sure for those 2.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
That's ridiculously high a demand for him.

I can see Pacioretty, Gallagher and a 1st, though, as the asking price.

Even that seems high to me. Pacioretty is a multiple 30++ scorer, and Gallagher was on pace for 30 when he originally hurt his hand, and is so again this year. That should make each worth a 1st+ IMO.

I could even imagine some teams paying more for Gallagher than Pacioretty because his game is more rounded, if not prolific, and his age.

Reactions: Runner77

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
You are aiming too high. But to answer: + would start with Gallagher because of age and contract, then 2 best prospects in Mete and Poehling, finally a few 1st round picks.

you're drunk...wow
gally, mete, poehling and a few 1sts for draisatl.

totally inebriated

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
STILL say, maxy for Thomas, and 2 nd's
You can't trade Pacioretty and not get anything tangible at the NHL level.

There's no way they can do that

If they move Pacioretty, there has to be a young established player coming back as part of the deal

No way you move your captain and best goal scorer for "maybes"

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Pens get the same thing they would get out of Plekanec for Sheehan.

Also Plekanec is 2nd on the team for ES TOIz just a few minutes behind Pacioretty...could be the result of why he's got 16pts

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That could be the case and Bergevin should start with my offer and negotiate. Plekanec is having a good season considering his ice time and he's been our most consistent player this year.
Not sure what you mean...he's one of our most used forwards

TFish

Jan 5, 2018
I think Byron and Plekanec at 50% is twice as valuable as Weise/Fleischmann. I mean i want a 1st back for sure for those 2.
What is with this common refrain about Pleks and retaining salary? His contract is coming off the books and by the deadline is peanuts. Why would the Habs have to retain anything when moving him? He gets the Habs a 2nd minimum. Still quick, wins face offs, kills penalties and if MB isn't a buffoon, should be able to easily get a bidding war going. Look what Gaustad, Hanzal and Vermette were dealt for at previous deadlines. Pleks should get more than most think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad