Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - The We're not done quite yet Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
It's eklund, so it's obviously true

too bad. I wouldn't have minded Skinner, as long as they ate some cap. i.e. Emelin for Skinner are equal salaries type deal.

After Chucky deal, we'll have about $3M in space.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
http://thehockeypress.sportsblog.co...rade--jeff-skinner-to-montreal-canadiens.html

Geez, their proposal for Skinner is even less generous than what you see on this board.

If Skinner is traded people will be surprised by how low his value is if Carolina doesn't retain a lot like Boston did with Lucic.

It's a salary cap era. No matter how good a player is if he's not good enough for his contract his value is greatly depreciated.

I don't dislike Skinner but at close to 6 millions cap hit for the next 4 years with his concussion history he doesn't have much value. If Carolina wants a good return they will need to retain close to 2 millions or accept another bad long term contract in return.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If Skinner is traded people will be surprised by how low his value is if Carolina doesn't retain a lot like Boston did with Lucic.

It's a salary cap era. No matter how good a player is if he's not good enough for his contract his value is greatly depreciated.

I don't dislike Skinner but at close to 6 millions cap hit for the next 4 years with his concussion history he doesn't have much value. If Carolina wants a good return they will need to retain close to 2 millions or accept another bad long term contract in return.

He also has a lot of warning signs on the statistical side and is coming off a bad year. He doesn't have a ton of trade value ATM.

Don't think Montreal should have interest in him to be honest.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Must be very fast? Jamie Benn is far from being very fast. And yet...
Others come to mind. Mark Stone is not a pretty skater by any means. In fact, there are quite a few successful scoring wingers that aren't very fast.

Fair enough. But in general to be a good winger you need to move your ass from the red line in. It's the position that calls for super bursts of big speed.

Cycling is different, but even there, you need to be fast as hell in short bursts to beat your coverage and get your shot.

I am talking about natural goal scorers by the way, not grinders.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He also has a lot of warning signs on the statistical side and is coming off a bad year. He doesn't have a ton of trade value ATM.

Yeah the best we can say is that he is inconsistent.

People evaluate him based on his 2 good seasons and his half good season. But let's not forget he had 1 bad one and an average one too (average for his contract).

2010-11 82 31 32 63 3
2011-12 64 20 24 44 -8
2012-13 42 13 11 24 -21
2013-14 71 33 21 54 -14
2014-15 77 18 13 31 -24

He was awesome the first season. But since then nothing to write home about. In the last 4 years one 30+ goals season and three 20- goals seasons. Only one 50+ season.

Let's take his four last years over 82 games (not realistic in his case because of injuries but let's do it anyway)

2011-12 82GP 26G 56P
2012-13 82GP 25G 47P
2013-14 82GP 38G 62P
2014-15 82GP 19G 33P

For 5.75 millions cap hit you got to do better than that specially if you are not big, not physical and not very good defensively. I mean the guy blocked 12 tiny shots last season and gave 47 hits ... for those interested DD blocked 49 shots and gave 43 hits.

Looks a lot like Gionta to me but not as good defensively. I agree with you i'm personally not giving 5.75 millions for that + a good return for it.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
I don't see how Skinner will command much value in a trade at this point for Carolina after his last season and concussion stuff. I think they'd be better to keep him if they have confidence in him recovering and then considering trading him or keeping him.

Trading him now suggests that you don't have much faith in him recovering I think, because I can't see too many teams breaking the bank on him.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

His bad year is mostly PP related. Compared to the year before when he put up 54 points the difference is pretty much going from 20 points on the PP to 7.

At nearly 6m, it's still not a great deal for a 50+ point player, but it at least makes it interesting if say DD is part of the deal so we only take on 2.5m extra.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Tampa,Pittsburgh,New York Rangers,Washington are teams that I'm afraid of playing in the Playoffs. We need another top 6 winger to make us the better team. I think our D-core is better than these guys (except maybe the Rangers). But with another top 6 winger I think we would be better than the Rangers.

There is until the deadline to get this winger. To win the cup we need a #1 C like Eric Staal, unless Galchenyuk breaks out.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Tampa,Pittsburgh,New York Rangers,Washington are teams that I'm afraid of playing in the Playoffs. We need another top 6 winger to make us the better team. I think our D-core is better than these guys (except maybe the Rangers). But with another top 6 winger I think we would be better than the Rangers.

There is until the deadline to get this winger. To win the cup we need a #1 C like Eric Staal, unless Galchenyuk breaks out.

There's no doubt MTL has the best defense corps and goaltender in the East. Not in my eyes anyway. The question is scoring, you're right. Personally I think the best centres int he league are drafted and developed and I would prefer them to acquire a top 6 LW and move Galchenyuk to the middle of the ice. That would be enough to compete realistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad