Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - The We're not done quite yet Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Would LOVE it if the habs can get their hands on JVR...read somewhere that he's available...will be more expensive since we are within their division but I'd be willing to go 1st, 2nd, Pateryn or Tinordi or JDLR and a salary dump (DD?).

Could you imagine...

JVR-Galchenyuk-Semin
Pacciorretti-Plekanec-Gallagher
DSP-Eller-Kassian
Weisz-Mitchel-Bournival/Flynn

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Instead of trading AG for Huby, why not just move AG to C, besides, AG has the better makeup to be a C than Huby.

Interesting. But I would not

I would absolutely move Chucky to centre if I was coach. I would have done that last year. Problem is we have a coach who will have his way and HE doesn't seem to want to play Chucky at centre. If that's to continue, I'd rather move Chucky for a centre and given their eerily similar stats, it seems like a good, even move for both teams. I'm not advocating trading Chucky, more that if things stay as they are or if they're at a contract impasse, it's an option.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Would LOVE it if the habs can get their hands on JVR...read somewhere that he's available...will be more expensive since we are within their division but I'd be willing to go 1st, 2nd, Pateryn or Tinordi or JDLR and a salary dump (DD?).

Could you imagine...

JVR-Galchenyuk-Semin
Pacciorretti-Plekanec-Gallagher
DSP-Eller-Kassian
Weisz-Mitchel-Bournival/Flynn

That's a type of pasta I believe.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
I would absolutely move Chucky to centre if I was coach. I would have done that last year. Problem is we have a coach who will have his way and HE doesn't seem to want to play Chucky at centre. If that's to continue, I'd rather move Chucky for a centre and given their eerily similar stats, it seems like a good, even move for both teams. I'm not advocating trading Chucky, more that if things stay as they are or if they're at a contract impasse, it's an option.

or, fire MT. at the very least the PP can't get any worse.... amiright?!:laugh:

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
With Detroit having very little cap space and a need for young D-men especially right handed shots Montreal could offer Nygren,Pateryn,Dietz or Didier or Bennett and go after Teemu Pulkkinen who is still an RFA he scored over 50 goals last year combined NHL and AHL.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
With Detroit having very little cap space and a need for young D-men especially right handed shots Montreal could offer Nygren,Pateryn,Dietz or Didier or Bennett and go after Teemu Pulkkinen who is still an RFA he scored over 50 goals last year combined NHL and AHL.

You'll need to give a lot more to land him...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Galchenyuk for Drouin

1 on 1?

Why would we do that?

Let's see.

Drouin
3rd overall pick
20 years old
5'11 186lbs
32 points in 70 games in season (0.457 ppg)
0 points in 6 playoffs games
Average ice time of 13:14 last season

Galchenyuk
3rd overall pick
21 years old
6'1 198lbs
104 points in 193 games in season (0.538 ppg)
10 points in 22 playoffs games
Average ice time of 16:25 last season

Why the **** would we do that without TB adding something?

NewfoundlandHab

Jul 14, 2014
If we move Galchenyuk to C, we have a hole at 2LW. WSH needs a 3C and we have a good one in Lars Eller. An Eller for Jahanson swap could make sense for both sides, depending on Johanson's contract demands.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Johanson-Galchenyuk-Semin
Hudon-DLR-Kassian
DSP-Mitchell-Weise
Flynn

I like Eller, but MJ would fill that gap at 2LW. Just an idea.

There's likely not much goal scoring coming from that bottom 6, but thats likely going to happen either way.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I want to see what Kassian can do in the top 6. If he does bad we can package DSP,1st,Andrighetto,DD,Gilbert for JVR

JVR-Galchenyuk-Semin
JDLR/Hudon-Eller-Kassian
Weise-Mitchell-Bournival/Holloway

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Tinordi-Pateryn

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
There are very many good ideas in this thread.
Unfortunately every one of them (good ones) neglects to take into account the DD factor.
He is still here under Therrien's nose and is likely to start as #2C again.
When can we move on?

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
I want Smith Pelley gone so badly he`s absolutely worthless, Kassian is a better version of him.

It does seem as though these guys have 1 year (or less) to prove who is more valuable. They seem a bit redundant and with Gallagher and Weise having locked up a top 6 and bottom 6 RW spot and with guys like Holloway, Scherbak, McCarron, Andrighetto all pushing for RW spots I don't think they both stay beyond this year unless that both prove themselves at a level neither has yet.

Bottom line though - let's not call one better than another yet, Kassian probably should be better but let's let him prove that first.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
1 on 1?

Why would we do that?

Let's see.

Drouin
3rd overall pick
20 years old
5'11 186lbs
32 points in 70 games in season (0.457 ppg)
0 points in 6 playoffs games
Average ice time of 13:14 last season

Galchenyuk
3rd overall pick
21 years old
6'1 198lbs
104 points in 193 games in season (0.538 ppg)
10 points in 22 playoffs games
Average ice time of 16:25 last season

Why the **** would we do that without TB adding something?

No kidding. The hate and underappreciating of Galchenyuk and his skill/potential is criminal on this board sometimes.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I want to see what Kassian can do in the top 6. If he does bad we can package DSP,1st,Andrighetto,DD,Gilbert for JVR

JVR-Galchenyuk-Semin
JDLR/Hudon-Eller-Kassian
Weise-Mitchell-Bournival/Holloway

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Tinordi-Pateryn

IMO, It's going to take more to get JVR...

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
No kidding. The hate and underappreciating of Galchenyuk and his skill/potential is criminal on this board sometimes.

Hate ? I don't see any hate toward Galchenyuk.

I agree that he's underappreciated, but DD is hated not Galchenyuk... and both are underappreciated, just like Markov.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Tell that to posters like HiggsBozon and a few others. It may not be as apparent as DD hate, but it's developing.

But he's not in this thread at all, so maybe respond to him wherever he is or whenever you find him lurking. Discussing trading Galchenyuk for Drouin or Huberdeau in a trade proposal thread is neither unreasonable or showing the slightest disrespect for Galchenyuk. If you don't like the trade or prefer Galchenyuk that's fine but it's not ridiculous.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Galchenyuk is the highest draft pick we've had in years, and he's producing, scored 20 last year! Sure he's had some rough games but he's becoming the guy we wanted and looked dominant in many games before the playoffs...

Yet there's some that would trade him for anything with a French last name. That's kind of sad. The kid works hard and the ability is there. Why move it for a mystery box? Makes no sense.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
JVR is someone i would seriously over pay for, hate me if you want but id do Emelin+juulsen+1st and maybe add another high end prospect or pick. jvr would put us over the top offensively together with max,semin,chucky,gallagher. what a top 6 that would be

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Galchenyuk is the highest draft pick we've had in years, and he's producing, scored 20 last year! Sure he's had some rough games but he's becoming the guy we wanted and looked dominant in many games before the playoffs...

Yet there's some that would trade him for anything with a French last name. That's kind of sad. The kid works hard and the ability is there. Why move it for a mystery box? Makes no sense.

It has nothing to do with the French name in the case of Huberdeau. Look at their numbers, they're eerily similar. Huberdeau IS a centre and if Chucky is going to stay on the wing than I'd rather trade him for someone who's similar in skill and talent who can play a position we need to fill.

I wouldn't advocate it for the sake of doing it. But if for some reason something comes up where by have to trade him or he asked for one, Huberdeau would be a great option, regardless of name. I'd say Ryan Johansen but that would never happen. Huberdeau is at least realistic.

HABNIKO

Jun 29, 2015
Montreal
No way I would trade Chucky for anyone. This kid is 21 at 6"2 at 200 lbs and still adding muscle. So Bergy please don't play with his head and give him what he knows he deserves before you piss him off and away from the city.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It has nothing to do with the French name in the case of Huberdeau. Look at their numbers, they're eerily similar. Huberdeau IS a centre and if Chucky is going to stay on the wing than I'd rather trade him for someone who's similar in skill and talent who can play a position we need to fill.

I wouldn't advocate it for the sake of doing it. But if for some reason something comes up where by have to trade him or he asked for one, Huberdeau would be a great option, regardless of name. I'd say Ryan Johansen but that would never happen. Huberdeau is at least realistic.

Huberdeau would play 2nd LW in Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad