Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - The We're not done quite yet Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
well you said,

so I took that to mean you think Beaulieu will produce the same as Campbell. I don't agree that he will likely trend downwards just because he's a year older. Playing on a better team, I would think he would be around the same as he's been the past 2 years, perhaps better, who knows as it's hard to say how someone will handle the pressure of playing for the Habs. Who knows if he would even agree to waive his NTC to come here or not.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost Thomas on waivers, just haven't been impressed by him, but I also threw him in for the wrong reason as I stated for some reason I thought his dad was with panthers. He was just a throw in as I don't see him having much of an impact with us unless injuries really hit. Scherbak, it's impossible to know if he will play any games or not, as you just don't know how he's going to do at the next level. If he's born 2 days later he's going back to the WHL for sure. Huberdeau was a top 3 pick so to get something like that just a few years removed, you are going to have to pay a heavy price. I'm sure the panthers will work it out and he'll be there long term as you don't often see top 3 picks getting moved just a few years after being drafted unless something has really gone wrong. I just think Huberdeau would be a great fit here and I know if we had any shot it would be a costly trade but I would love to see management go for it even though I don't think they will as they seem to be more in the slow and steady boat.
I meant it as "they're roughly equal." So for all intents and purposes, consider their on ice-impact as roughly equal this year, and not even close going forward.We're going to agree to disagree, I suppose. I think you're overvaluing Huberdeau, or at least you're willing to dismantle our team too much to acquire him.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
well you said,

so I took that to mean you think Beaulieu will produce the same as Campbell. I don't agree that he will likely trend downwards just because he's a year older. Playing on a better team, I would think he would be around the same as he's been the past 2 years, perhaps better, who knows as it's hard to say how someone will handle the pressure of playing for the Habs. Who knows if he would even agree to waive his NTC to come here or not.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost Thomas on waivers, just haven't been impressed by him, but I also threw him in for the wrong reason as I stated for some reason I thought his dad was with panthers. He was just a throw in as I don't see him having much of an impact with us unless injuries really hit. Scherbak, it's impossible to know if he will play any games or not, as you just don't know how he's going to do at the next level. If he's born 2 days later he's going back to the WHL for sure. Huberdeau was a top 3 pick so to get something like that just a few years removed, you are going to have to pay a heavy price. I'm sure the panthers will work it out and he'll be there long term as you don't often see top 3 picks getting moved just a few years after being drafted unless something has really gone wrong. I just think Huberdeau would be a great fit here and I know if we had any shot it would be a costly trade but I would love to see management go for it even though I don't think they will as they seem to be more in the slow and steady boat.

My problem is we'd be giving up more (waaaaay more) for Hubs than Pits gave up for Kessel.

I get young players come at a premium, but I think that Plekanec, Eller and Scherbak in itself is an overpayment. They get a pseudo #1C that can play both ways, a great third line Center and a winger with the potential to replace Hubs production in 2-3 seasons. They'd be a better team tomorrow after the trade, 100%.

Campbell for Beaulieu to me is a straight up is a trade that 20 out of 30 GMs would value NB more. Only teams that would want Campbell are ones contending. He's got one good year left in him as far as I'm concerned.

I don't feel like we are in a position to trade a potential top 4 fixture for the next 10 years for a 1 year upgrade in Campbell.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I meant it as "they're roughly equal." So for all intents and purposes, consider their on ice-impact as roughly equal this year, and not even close going forward.We're going to agree to disagree, I suppose. I think you're overvaluing Huberdeau, or at least you're willing to dismantle our team too much to acquire him.

I could be overrating Huberdeau, but I do think he would be a great pickup and a future star for a long time for us. I think there's would be a big difference in the impact between Campbell/Beaulieu. I figured at some point management would make a big trade to put their stamp on the team but it never really happened. I don't think trading 3 guys off last years roster and getting 2 back would dismantle our team too much but it's a moot point since it won't happen anyway.

My problem is we'd be giving up more (waaaaay more) for Hubs than Pits gave up for Kessel.

I get young players come at a premium, but I think that Plekanec, Eller and Scherbak in itself is an overpayment. They get a pseudo #1C that can play both ways, a great third line Center and a winger with the potential to replace Hubs production in 2-3 seasons. They'd be a better team tomorrow after the trade, 100%.

Campbell for Beaulieu to me is a straight up is a trade that 20 out of 30 GMs would value NB more. Only teams that would want Campbell are ones contending. He's got one good year left in him as far as I'm concerned.

I don't feel like we are in a position to trade a potential top 4 fixture for the next 10 years for a 1 year upgrade in Campbell.

I wouldn't compare Kessel to Huberdeau, different contracts, different stages in their career, etc... But I said I have no idea what his trade value would be if he turns down their offer and doesn't report to camp. If I'm the panthers, I would want a big return in order to consider trading him. Also I would be shocked if any GM would value Beaulieu over Campbell in terms of helping them win next year. Beaulieu has shown very little so far, and his production was terrible. With Campbell we would have a top 4 that could put up big numbers. But I've felt that many grossly overrate Beaulieu as I just don't think he's very impressive other then his great skating. Even if Beaulieu is a fixture in the top 4 for the next 10 years, it remains to be seen just how much he will produce as he has shown very little in terms of offense.

But it's all a moot point since I don't see the Habs going for him since the price would likely be too high for them to pay. I just want to win now and really want to see the Habs go all in but I don't get the impression that management would be willing. I thought one thing that really hurt us last year was our lack of production from the blueline, plus having a highly skilled young star that happens to be a local would be a great addition. It's always very tough to try and guess what any players trade value is, since only the GM's make up said trade value which makes it difficult to try and guess what a player would cost and what another GM would be willing to pay.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Who remembers at the draft when Bergevin went up to the podium and personally thanked Dale Tallon and said if it wasn't for him he wouldn't be where he is now before making our selection?

Making a trade offer might be in the realm of possibilities. Offer sheeting Huberdeau is not so don't get your hopes up for that.

Exactly. Bergevin would never offer sheet anybody on the Panthers. He respects Dale too much for that. Trade? Yes, of course. But offer sheet? Not a chance.

That would be like stealing your best friend's girl.

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
I could be overrating Huberdeau, but I do think he would be a great pickup and a future star for a long time for us. I think there's would be a big difference in the impact between Campbell/Beaulieu. I figured at some point management would make a big trade to put their stamp on the team but it never really happened. I don't think trading 3 guys off last years roster and getting 2 back would dismantle our team too much but it's a moot point since it won't happen anyway.

I wouldn't compare Kessel to Huberdeau, different contracts, different stages in their career, etc... But I said I have no idea what his trade value would be if he turns down their offer and doesn't report to camp. If I'm the panthers, I would want a big return in order to consider trading him. Also I would be shocked if any GM would value Beaulieu over Campbell in terms of helping them win next year. Beaulieu has shown very little so far, and his production was terrible. With Campbell we would have a top 4 that could put up big numbers. But I've felt that many grossly overrate Beaulieu as I just don't think he's very impressive other then his great skating. Even if Beaulieu is a fixture in the top 4 for the next 10 years, it remains to be seen just how much he will produce as he has shown very little in terms of offense.

But it's all a moot point since I don't see the Habs going for him since the price would likely be too high for them to pay. I just want to win now and really want to see the Habs go all in but I don't get the impression that management would be willing. I thought one thing that really hurt us last year was our lack of production from the blueline, plus having a highly skilled young star that happens to be a local would be a great addition. It's always very tough to try and guess what any players trade value is, since only the GM's make up said trade value which makes it difficult to try and guess what a player would cost and what another GM would be willing to pay.

I am one that value Beaulieu pretty high actually. He improved a lot last year - both ends of the ice, and I think that he have the potential to be a top pairing def. No way i would switch for Campbell -

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Not only that, but making an offer that :
- Would be accepted by Huberdeau
- Would not be matched by the Panthers
- Would be reasonable

Is just VERY unlikely.

And that's why we rarely see any offer sheets.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

I conceded Campbell would be an improvement over Beaulieu for next season, the issue is beyond that one year.

Even if Beaulieu topped out as an average #4 defense man who put up 25 pts a year and gave you 20 mins a night (this is floor, IMO) it's still going to be a roster spot that Bergevin would need to fill in 2 seasons when Campbell is completely finished. We going to bring in a UFA(likely over pay) and have to learn the whole system? Didn't work out overly well with Gilbert, IMO.

I agree most GMs would value Campbell more for next season if the goal is to contend... But there is more to consider here, and Beaulieu slots way better into a "bigger picture" than Campbell ever will at this stage of his career. Not his fault, he's going to be 37 and he's undersized.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
So for those who don't check the trade boards. Leaf and Hab fans there have semi-agreed on:

:leafs

Juulsen
1st
B prospect/2nd (say Andrighetto/Fucale/Carr for argument sake)
Desharnais/Emelin

:habs

JVR
---

Have to say, I would do this deal in a heartbeat. Our potential lineup could end up being...

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Kassian
JVR - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Flash - Eller - Semin
DLR - Mitchell - Weise

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Petry
Emelin - Gilbert

Price

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
So for those who don't check the trade boards. Leaf and Hab fans there have semi-agreed on:

Juulsen
1st
Desharnais/Emelin

JVR
---

Have to say, I would do this deal in a heartbeat. Our potential lineup could end up being...

Flash - Eller - Semin
DLR - Mitchell - Weise

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Petry
Emelin - Gilbert

Price

Can we please not trade Juulsen? The guy is very good and our D-prospect is bad. I`d trade for him if none of Juulsen,McCarron,Scherbak aren`t going the other way. Instead use guys like Ghetto,Hudon,DLR,DSP,Fucale and picks.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013

Juulsen
1st
Desharnais/Emelin

JVR
---

Flash - Eller - Semin
DLR - Mitchell - Weise

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Petry
Emelin - Gilbert

Price
TO doesn't want DD or Emelin. And two first round draft pick is overpaying. But that lineup looks mighty fine otherwise.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
Can we please not trade Juulsen? The guy is very good and our D-prospect is bad. I`d trade for him if none of Juulsen,McCarron,Scherbak aren`t going the other way. Instead use guys like Ghetto,Hudon,DLR,DSP,Fucale and picks.

You can't exactly take the most valuable pieces out of a deal upfront and hope the other team agrees to it. And it will probably be years before Juulsen makes a difference while JVR helps us when we need it most: the next 3 seasons.

JVR won't go for that much. That's basically what Kessel got.

You have to consider that he's younger and on a better contract.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You can't exactly take the most valuable pieces out of a deal upfront and hope the other team agrees to it. And it will probably be years before Juulsen makes a difference while JVR helps us when we need it most: the next 3 seasons.

I guess you forgot about the Gomez trade.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

That still doesn't make him more valuable in my opinion... And Toronto retained salary in the Kessel deal, as well as trading away a 2nd round pick, Erixon and Biggs.

I like JVR, but he's not worth that much.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

None of those players get you JVR or anyone comparable. In fact, only Hudon would fetch more than a 2nd right now. If we're going to target high impact players, we're going to have to give up a good prospect. Personally, I'm okay with losing one of Scherbak/McCarron/Juulsen to make us a better team now than in three years.

JVR won't go for that much. That's basically what Kessel got.

Actually, I would say it's a little less.

Kapanen = Juulsen
1st = 1st
Harrington > Andrighetto/2nd
Spaling =/< Emelin/Desharnais

We're also paying for the fact JVR is signed to a ridiculously low contract. While a bit steep, I think it's worth consideration, though I would look at other options first. Vrbata comes to mind if Vancouver tanks.

TO doesn't want DD or Emelin. And two first round draft pick is overpaying. But that lineup looks mighty fine otherwise.

Toronto fans actually made this proposal. And two firsts for a 30+ goal scorer is fair market value, especially given his contract. Regardless, where they were drafted is completely irrelevant.

Exactly. Even if we do overpay a little. I feel it's worth it if that means we get to take advantage of Price's inhuman-like performances.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
they would...
...But I wonder if something like,
Habs-
Huberdeau- (assuming he'll want over 3M a year)
Campbell- (7,142,875 cap hit, 1 year left)
3th round pick

Panthers-
Pleks- (5M, 1 year)
Eller- (3.5M cap hit, 3 years)
Scherbak- (3 years left on ELC)
Beaulieu- (1M, 2 years)
Thomas- (600K, 1 year)

...dad.

Imo, we're a better team with Pleks, Eller, Beaulieu, and...Scherbak (in a year or two). And, our center depth would go downhill (very fast) after this kind of wild trade...imo (only DD and Galchenyuk as our CENTERS...not too strong...and DLR with very little experience and then there would be Mitchell...imo there's no way Bergevin is trading Pleks AND Eller without getting, for example, an Eric Staal back or a Kopitar).

I'm happy we got Semin for almost free (1.1mil), and (cheap RFA) Kassian+5th for Prust, and Fleischmann on a PTO/tryout...all while keeping our #1 and #3 centers, and a dman with top 4 potential, and a winger with top 6 star potential.

Bergevin is going to evaluate how things are between now and March (trade deadline) and we'll see what kind of a trade he can swing (if there are any good offers soon or later) while keeping most of our star prospects.

It'll be interesting to see when (and how) will Bergevin ''go for it'' (ex: one or two star prospects for that PLAYOFFS' STAR CENTER/LEADER/PLAYOFFS' WARRIOR and/or #2-3 playoff-warrior dman...the kind that can help Subban, Price, and Petry win a CUP).

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Juulsen
1st

Desharnais/Emelin

JVR
---

Flash - Eller - Semin
DLR - Mitchell - Weise

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Petry
Emelin - Gilbert

Price

No deal (if up to me... already a huge fan of Juulsen).

As much as I'd like JVR in our top 6...I don't want to trade Juulsen to Toronto and also help them get a top 3 pick. Juulsen has top 2-3 potential...he's a keeper, imo.

Emelin (NTC):
NTC till January 2016...from what I know.
(and may only have 8-10 teams on his list he can be traded to??).

P.S.:
and for that much...T.O. would have to include a 2nd rnd pick, imo.
We don't have to do any favors to Toronto.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Toronto fans actually made this proposal. And two firsts for a 30+ goal scorer is fair market value, especially given his contract. Regardless, where they were drafted is completely irrelevant.
I was actually reading their section and I'm not surprised they would put forward such a ridiculous trade proposal.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would do that deal for JVR, I initially proposed it.

JVR would be an immediate and long-term fix to our top 6.

Juulsen - I like Juulsen, but our D corps is still very young and set for the next 3-4 years imo.

1st - will be a late 1st, you need to give to get.

B Prospect - I would prefer we include a B prospect over a 2nd - Bozon, Andrighetto

Emelin/Gilbert - moving 1 dman serves our own current needs imo, makes room for tinordi/pateryn to crack the lineup

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

You're right, he could be a future star. I'd like to go after him, but I don't think the pieces are right. Plus, do they really need Plekanec as a #3C and Eller as a #4C? I just think we need to wait on Beaulieu. He's going to have a good season.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I would do that deal for JVR, I initially proposed it.

JVR would be an immediate and long-term fix to our top 6.

Juulsen - I like Juulsen, but our D corps is still very young and set for the next 3-4 years imo.

1st - will be a late 1st, you need to give to get.

B Prospect - I would prefer we include a B prospect over a 2nd - Bozon, Andrighetto

Emelin/Gilbert - moving 1 dman serves our own current needs imo, makes room for tinordi/pateryn to crack the lineup
We're not a good trade partner with the leafs, this would come back and bite us. I like JVR but not that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad