Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread - The "Quick get Boston on the line." Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Shhhiiiiiiieeeeet. If we ever have to pay Price 10+mill a year, as much as I love the guy, I would seriously consider paying a lot less for a mediocre goalie and bolster up other positions.

Price is worth every penny.

If the Bruins are targeting Sharp, who the hell do we target? Vrbata? Skinner? Don't you dare mention Versteeg or Hemsky. :laugh:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Whose praising him? It's more the fact we realize whining like we have any say in the matter won't make the slightest difference.

Not whining. I'm criticizing. I don't think he deserves the love and praise he gets from most posters. He's the master of the safe move. That's all he's ever done. He's never made one risky move. He's acquired so many 4 th line players when clearly our biggest need is top 6. You're right it won't make a difference how much I complain but as a fan it's the only thing I can do. I'm not gonna praise mediocrity. Price is the only reason we are a100 pt team

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany

If the Bruins are targeting Sharp, who the hell do we target? Vrbata? Skinner? Don't you dare mention Versteeg or Hemsky. :laugh:

It's just, you can find a less expensive goalie, albeit not as good as Price, get better players in front and still end up with the same result. Crawford isn't as good as Price, but he's good enough for a cup contending team.

I want to keep Price till he retires, but 10+mill for a goalie? Yikes! I don't know.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Bergevin trade with Minnesota they need to clear cap space they have alot of big contracts,take on Mikko Koivu's contract 6.7 million for 3 years he is the big 6'3 center you need he is 56% on faceoffs,and get local Montreal native Marco Scabdella,trade Plelanec,Tinordi,and Fucale,Minnesota drastically improves their cap situation,of course you would have to clear up cap by getting rid of DD throw in a prospect like Andrighetto to move him,same as PAP throw in a prospect like Bennett to move him,and get rid of Gilbert for a pick.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
Shhhiiiiiiieeeeet. If we ever have to pay Price 10+mill a year, as much as I love the guy, I would seriously consider paying a lot less for a mediocre goalie and bolster up other positions.

Nah, you have to pay him, cap should be better by then as well.

Our window is from now until 2019. Time to stop messing around. With Lucic gone out of the division, it makes Emelin even more expendable.

$11.6 between him, DD & PAP. Something has to give.

HabsDieHard*

It's just, you can find a less expensive goalie, albeit not as good as Price, get better players in front and still end up with the same result. Crawford isn't as good as Price, but he's good enough for a cup contending team.

I want to keep Price till he retires, but 10+mill for a goalie? Yikes! I don't know.

Crawford gets paid 500K less per year than Price...and when Prices' contract is up the cap will unquestionably be higher than the difference between 6.5 and 10.

What exactly is the issue here? :shakehead

dreamingofdrouin*

Philadelphia getting a pick 2 picks ahead of us......daniel briere, claude giroux,sean couturier, sam morin, travis sashimi, vincent lecavalier....every god damn mother ****ing time that i want a player the god damn mother ****ing philadelphia flyers get him...i swear to the ghost of baby ****ing jesus if they take sprong of beuvillier....i swear to god.....you will ****ing hear me...where ever you are...you will here me

dreamingofdrouin*

the commentators are talking about sprong one pick ahead of us....shut up shut up shut up shut the **** up!!! :rant::rant::rant:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I trust MB, but I'm getting a little concerned...I hope we don't go into next season with a top 6 containing PAP and DD. My guess is that MB is maybe hoping one or two of Hudon, McCarron and Scherbak impresses.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I wonder if there's a chance that Tinordi gets traded now that Juulsen was drafted.

HabsDieHard*

I wonder if there's a chance that Tinordi gets traded now that Juulsen was drafted.

Pretty good chance he was getting traded regardless of which 17/18 year old they drafted.

Really doesn't make sense to use Tinordi as your #7 d-man, he needs minutes.

And really doesn't make sense to go in to the season with as weak of a left side as moving out Emelin or Markov would accomplish.

Hopefully he's packaged in a deal for a scorer.

HabsDieHard*

I trust MB, but I'm getting a little concerned...I hope we don't go into next season with a top 6 containing PAP and DD. My guess is that MB is maybe hoping one or two of Hudon, McCarron and Scherbak impresses.

He simply cannot sit back on a forward group that was as abysmal as this one was when it mattered most when he has Carey Price on his roster and signed for 3 years.

He has been on the job more than enough time to improve the forward group, the top 6 in particular.

He's done the opposite.

Put up time.

znk

Nov 5, 2005
Montreal
He simply cannot sit back on a forward group that was as abysmal as this one was when it mattered most when he has Carey Price on his roster and signed for 3 years.

He has been on the job more than enough time to improve the forward group, the top 6 in particular.

He's done the opposite.

Put up time.
I want you to right here post an example of the kind of asset movement you are talking about. I see a few of you just crying and *****ing about trades. Propose something seriously thought out. Then we can talk.

It would be really great if people who want moves were to actually propose packages that they feel comfortable trading and what type of player they would expect in return.

dreamingofdrouin*

he's the grand prize...mark my words....god almighty i hope we can get him.

HabsDieHard*

I want you to right here post an example of the kind of asset movement you are talking about. I see a few of you just crying and *****ing about trades. Propose something seriously thought out. Then we can talk.

It would be really great if people who want moves were to actually propose packages that they feel comfortable trading and what type of player they would expect in return.

What do you mean the kind of asset management I am talking about?

Do you want an example of a hypothetical trade that I make up on the spot?

Will that appease you? Will we be able to talk at that point?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Weird, watching Boston today, think I know how Ronald Reagan felt when the Soviet Union and Communism collapsed.

znk

Nov 5, 2005
Montreal
What do you mean the kind of asset management I am talking about?

Do you want an example of a hypothetical trade that I make up on the spot?

Will that appease you? Will we be able to talk at that point?

Name the prospects you are ready to move. Give an idea of how many marbles you are willing to put in the pot. I've been on this board long enough to know that those who just sit back and say "we need to make a move this GM sucks" will also say the trade sucks once one is done. They never put their foot forward and commit themselves to anything other then reacting while calling for action from the GM.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I'm really surprised the Hawks didn't get the 2015 1st round pick they were looking for in exchange of Sharp.....

Draft is not over, i'm still hoping to drop some salary,

HabsDieHard*

Name the prospects you are ready to move. Give an idea of how many marbles you are willing to put in the pot. I've been on this board long enough to know that those who just sit back and say "we need to make a move this GM sucks" will also say the trade sucks once one is done. They never put their foot forward and commit themselves to anything other then reacting while calling for action from the GM.

For the right return? Anyone.

It's great that you make these grand declarations about posters having a differing opinion than you on various issues though. Sweeping generalizations are always wise, especially when they're against those who have the audacity to disagree with you.

Oh no...I might have just jeopardized my chances of talking with you! :(

Where is the delete button?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad