bsl

Oct 9, 2009
On this forum, or in the organization?

j696Ek6.gif
Best scene ever.

Reactions: the

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I don’t want to make the moves because realistically it doesn’t improve our odds to win the cup.

For starters, let’s be honest with ourselves: Taylor Hall will not sign in a Montreal unless it’s a drastic over payment. So can we all agree on that? Or do we have rose coloured glasses on?

Secondly, Hall will be 29 in November of next year. That’s not horrible in it self, but you have to seriously look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you believe a 33-34 year old Hall will be with 10M per season? Frankly, I don’t believe 29 year old Hall is worth that, for starters.

Third, Hall has had trouble staying healthy his whole career. He has one 82 game season to his name. He misses approximately 10-15 games per season. Keep in mind, he’s getting older not younger.

My beef with that line up that was posted is that it’s just another mediocrity band-aid slapped on on a sinking Price/Weber boat. The long term solution is stocking up on picks and prospects the next 2 seasons and re tooling, not acquiring assets that will eventually be a detriment to that retool.
Bang on. Refreshing.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If you dont count the games in hand, Florida has 68 we have 62 points

Florida is not in the playoffs. Beside you can't ignore the games in hands. The teams in front of us that we need to catch to make the playoffs have cumulatively a grand total of 18 games in hands. It's next to impossible they will be 0-18.

8 points out with 20 games is A LOT. Specially since we don't have the tiebreaker. We are officially dead.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Seems some Leaf fans have visions dancing in their heads of Max Domi in a Leafs jersey with the usual HF Leaf trade suspects of either Johnsson, Kerfoot, Dermott being the main piece in getting a trade done and yes we've also been Bracco'd. :)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom and the

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Seems some Leaf fans have visions dancing in their heads of Max Domi in a Leafs jersey with the usual HF Leaf trade suspects of either Johnsson, Kerfoot, Dermott being the main piece in getting a trade done and yes we've also been Bracco'd. :)
Domi for Sandin....done

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I don’t want to make the moves because realistically it doesn’t improve our odds to win the cup.

For starters, let’s be honest with ourselves: Taylor Hall will not sign in a Montreal unless it’s a drastic over payment. So can we all agree on that? Or do we have rose coloured glasses on?

Secondly, Hall will be 29 in November of next year. That’s not horrible in it self, but you have to seriously look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you believe a 33-34 year old Hall will be with 10M per season? Frankly, I don’t believe 29 year old Hall is worth that, for starters.

Third, Hall has had trouble staying healthy his whole career. He has one 82 game season to his name. He misses approximately 10-15 games per season. Keep in mind, he’s getting older not younger.

My beef with that line up that was posted is that it’s just another mediocrity band-aid slapped on on a sinking Price/Weber boat. The long term solution is stocking up on picks and prospects the next 2 seasons and re tooling, not acquiring assets that will eventually be a detriment to that retool.
Let’s be honest, you have no idea whether Hall wants to play here or not. He doesn’t seem to like playing in NJ (which is the opposite of us) and I can’t blame him.

If we get Hall and he plays here for 5 years and then we have to throw on a mid 1st round pick to move him, what’s the big deal? Remember, if we get Hall we can move Drouin and Domi for assets now, so why worry about some down the road cost.

Most 1st and 2nd OA picks tend to be productive into their mid ‘30’s, unlike less talented players.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017

I'm not sure I want anyone on the Leafs - that team is full of underachievers

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
Leafs ''Mainboard'' Board in a nutshell :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If the most we can get for Kovalchuk is a conditional 2nd, we should try adding a 2nd to Kovalchuk for a 1st. I'm tired of trading down from the 2nd rounder to get little to nothing worthwhile.

Even a conditional 2nd you take that.

Other people watch Kovalchuk and know he's quieted down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad