Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: TDL Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Newhook
BCHL players are rare to find but that doesnt mean they are auto bad. Isnt Josh Manson good? How about Keith?? Jamie Benn?? There are a few more like Lucic...

Yes, sure there are, but first round material in the last 7-10 years? Not so much

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I was being lazy. 9.5 might be low, you're right. Also bearing in mind a bunch of guys will need to be resigned, one or two of Tatar, Phildo, Gally, Armia or Petry may need to be let go.
Yea next year could be a disaster with the amount of contracts we have up to renew

Reactions: loudi94

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Of course you take the 2nd round pick for Kovalchuk.
You can always package the Bruins 2nd and one of our 4th for a better 2nd at the draft. The more assets the better the options it gives us. Take a 2021 2nd if you think we have too many draft this year. But you take the pick.
Obviously. But emo posters here think ‘rivalries’ still mean something in the nhl. Lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
The BCHL is a bad league but do Newhooks NCAA numbers not mean anything to you?

No because I've been fooled so many times in the past by our prospects with nice college numbers. I mean Jake Evans was a beast for Notre Dame, and he can't crack this shit lineup. Leblanc was solid in Harvard, they were posting here about him like he was the second coming of Mario Lemieux.

I'm not wishing ill will on the kid, I just don't like the BCHL for a true test of a draft status, the last 7-10 years. I watched Newhook in Victoria, he didn't stand out at all. I mean I know I'm not a pro scout, but I watched Gallagher when he was with the Giants and you could see he had the skill to make the pros at some point. If Montreal somehow lands him , I'll root for him , but I'll be very cautious about his projections because history hasn't been kind to our college kids.

Reactions: Lshap

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
No because I've been fooled so many times in the past by our prospects with nice college numbers. I mean Jake Evans was a beast for Notre Dame, and he can't crack this shit lineup. Leblanc was solid in Harvard, they were posting here about him like he was the second coming of Mario Lemieux.

I'm not wishing ill will on the kid, I just don't like the BCHL for a true test of a draft status, the last 7-10 years. I watched Newhook in Victoria, he didn't stand out at all. I mean I know I'm not a pro scout, but I watched Gallagher when he was with the Giants and you could see he had the skill to make the pros at some point. If Montreal somehow lands him , I'll root for him , but I'll be very cautious about his projections because history hasn't been kind to our college kids.
Fair enough i respect that

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
So now apparently they aren't trading Petry cauae they want to "compete" next year.

Sincerely I have never ever seen a group of people so delusional and straight up stupid. It's depressing.

On this forum, or in the organization?

j696Ek6.gif

Reactions: Vodka_Tonic

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
This answer is kind of funny, IMO. Most posters don't even want to add good pieces unless every single move is done exactly at the same time, turning the team into an instant Cup winner. A good move is bad because, on its own, it can't make us win the Cup.

A mentality like that never leads to anything good either. MON could ass Hall and maybe even be in a better position to move other players after.

You know, go, "Hall, #1 LW, check..." etc., etc, etc. I'd seriously consider Hall on a 7-year contract. He'd be turning 35 during his final season.

Hall - Suzuki - Gallagher, maybe?
Hall - Suzuki - Caufield?
Hall - KK - Gallagher?
Hall - KK - Caufield?
Drouin - KK - Caufield?
Drouin - KK - Armia?

I don’t want to make the moves because realistically it doesn’t improve our odds to win the cup.

For starters, let’s be honest with ourselves: Taylor Hall will not sign in a Montreal unless it’s a drastic over payment. So can we all agree on that? Or do we have rose coloured glasses on?

Secondly, Hall will be 29 in November of next year. That’s not horrible in it self, but you have to seriously look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you believe a 33-34 year old Hall will be with 10M per season? Frankly, I don’t believe 29 year old Hall is worth that, for starters.

Third, Hall has had trouble staying healthy his whole career. He has one 82 game season to his name. He misses approximately 10-15 games per season. Keep in mind, he’s getting older not younger.

My beef with that line up that was posted is that it’s just another mediocrity band-aid slapped on on a sinking Price/Weber boat. The long term solution is stocking up on picks and prospects the next 2 seasons and re tooling, not acquiring assets that will eventually be a detriment to that retool.

Reactions: calder candidate

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I know it won't happen, but if we acquire Byfuglien, Bergevin will probably be a lot more likely to trade Petry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad