Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: TDL Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
Because if you trade them now , the team who acquire them gets 2 chance at the playoffs instead of one.
This is kinda a bit obvious. I don't know why the price of Petry or Tatar would be higher at the draft floor or the next deadline.

Edit : since you edited your message about Pacioretty. Pacioretty had terms left and it was pretty much a trade and sign trade. Also Tatar for Vegas was a cap dump in the trade and Vegas had issues with the cap. So Montreal took salary and the prospect. Happily Tatar turned it back and it kinda turned into a steal for Montreal with Suzuki already a 40 points player in his rookie year.

The Tatar/Petry trade wont probably the same as Vegas did.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Because if you trade them now , the team who acquire them gets 2 chance at the playoffs instead of one.
This is kinda a bit obvious. I don't know why the price of Petry or Tatar would be higher at the draft floor or the next deadline.

Edit : since you edited your message about Pacioretty. Pacioretty had terms left and it was pretty much a trade and sign trade. Also Tatar for Vegas was a cap dump in the trade and Vegas had issues with the cap. So Montreal took salary and the prospect. Happily Tatar turned it back and it kinda turned into a steal for Montreal with Suzuki already a 40 points player in his rookie year.

The Tatar/Petry trade wont probably the same as Vegas did.

Pacioretty had 1 year left him to and you can do a sign and trade with Petry this summer. We can also grab an other player in the same case that was Tatar

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

It’s a bubble team at best. Especially in a very deep division.

As nice as adding a player like Hall would be, it’s another bandaid to this roster.

Reactions: Gravity

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
So now apparently they aren't trading Petry cauae they want to "compete" next year.

Sincerely I have never ever seen a group of people so delusional and straight up stupid. It's depressing.
If the indications from the team are that they do not want to trade him, we must move on from those proposals.

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
Pacioretty had 1 year left him to and you can do a sign and trade with Petry this summer. We can also grab an other player in the same case that was Tatar
Difference is , Petry will be 34 in the first year of his new contract. We all know what happens .

But we'll see , anyways I don't expect anything from Bergevin.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

As nice as adding a player like Hall would be, it’s another bandaid to this roster.

I did solidify the D with Brodin and Brodie. If the team can eliminate odd man rushes by playing solid D, there would be more wins. If they can make it tough to score on, they should be a playoff team.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Perspective for you... These are the two teams with the most amount of picks in the last 3 drafts and including what is tracking to come in the next draft. Who do you think hit more with prospects at this stage? Habs or Wings? You can try to say this is just some normal situation and all teams are close to us but until you gather the numbers for all teams, you don't really understand the situation. Timmins has failed to hit in previous drafts but I believe people are ignoring the context of draft power. However, the 12 and 13 drafts do stand out as a negative but 08-11 and 14-16 lacked draft power. What the Habs have done from 17+ draft years is not a negative and the rebuild is already underway

Wings Drafting (2017-2020):
- 32 picks from 2017-2019 and 8 more in 2020 = 40
- 21 top 100 picks in 2017-2019 and 5 more in 2020 = 26

Habs Drafting (2017-2020):
- 28 picks from 2017-2019 and 12 more in 2020 = 40
- 16 top 100 picks in 2017-2019 and 6 more in 2020 = 22

All we can look at are trends cause it's early but the trends reveal that we are over accomplishing in terms of draft power vs actual results/trends in development. You don't have faith cause you are living in the past. Expect most of those picks to bust? Duh, that's usually how drafting goes but the point is you can hit more with more darts. I'm sure you understand that but you are stuck thinking about the past again ;). Past does not = the Future

Good teams drafted generational players to build around. All the other late rounders were slowly grafted to the roster. They are well supported.

The Habs and Wings never really finished on the bottom to pick up such a star. The Habs missed an opportunity with Galchenyuk but MB got Domi out of it as a consolation. Price also eventually became the cornerstone piece of this franchise.

If you believe you can built a contender with 3rd and other later round prospects without generational players, I don't know of many teams that have actually acheived that. On the contrary, the Blues were built through trading.

The point is that Timmins has an abysmal track record as of late. I can also comprehend that it may not be his fault entirely, player development personal should bare most of the blame. However after 15 + years, do you really continue to have faith in Timmins?

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Reactions: Andrei79

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I did solidify the D with Brodin and Brodie. If the team can eliminate odd man rushes by playing solid D, there would be more wins. If they can make it tough to score on, they should be a playoff team.

I’m really not high on Brodin at all, he’s an average middle pairing guy to me.

Brodie is interesting, but I have to wonder if he’s starting to regress this season.

I think if the team stayed healthy that could be a playoff team. You need Price to be Price though, not the Jekyl & Hyde show he’s put on this year.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Lol @ Hall on the second line behind Crapault. You can't be serious.

That tells you all you need to know about that rosters "chances" as well as Montreal's chances of signing Hall (it's 0%).

None of Romanov, Fleury, KK or Poehling are NHLers at this point either.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
How are you getting under the salary cap and why is Hall 2nd line behind Tatar.
It's close but not undoable. 19M in cap space next year. 4.2 brodin 9.5 for Hall and 5 for Brodie. Crawford gets 2M.

I didn't slot him under Tatar. I think whatever line Zooks is on, is our first line.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Id prefer graves or Jost tbh it means a better pick and prospect but i can definitely see MB wanting Girard
Do not want girard. Had him in my pool last year. Small. Soft. Disappears for a number of games at a time. Will be pissed if Habs take him. He’s a number 4 on a contender at best and a bad fit on Habs.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's close but not undoable. 19M in cap space next year. 4.2 brodin 9.5 for Hall and 5 for Brodie. Crawford gets 2M.

I didn't slot him under Tatar. I think whatever line Zooks is on, is our first line.
Ill bet Hall gets more than 9.5 especially if we are overpaying to get him to sign here and my bad on the lines it was the 2nd one you had listed so i thought it was the 2nd line.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Do not want girard. Had him in my pool last year. Small. Soft. Disappears for a number of games at a time. Will be pissed if Habs take him. He’s a number 4 on a contender at best and a bad fit on Habs.
I agree he will be an awful fit here i was just basing it on what MB has been known to do

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

This answer is kind of funny, IMO. Most posters don't even want to add good pieces unless every single move is done exactly at the same time, turning the team into an instant Cup winner. A good move is bad because, on its own, it can't make us win the Cup.

A mentality like that never leads to anything good either. MON could ass Hall and maybe even be in a better position to move other players after.

You know, go, "Hall, #1 LW, check..." etc., etc, etc. I'd seriously consider Hall on a 7-year contract. He'd be turning 35 during his final season.

Hall - Suzuki - Gallagher, maybe?
Hall - Suzuki - Caufield?
Hall - KK - Gallagher?
Hall - KK - Caufield?
Drouin - KK - Caufield?
Drouin - KK - Armia?

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Ill bet Hall gets more than 9.5 especially if we are overpaying to get him to sign here and my bad on the lines it was the 2nd one you had listed so i thought it was the 2nd line.
I was being lazy. 9.5 might be low, you're right. Also bearing in mind a bunch of guys will need to be resigned, one or two of Tatar, Phildo, Gally, Armia or Petry may need to be let go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad