Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: TDL Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I had a molar crack a few weeks ago. The crack went through the pulp and nerves. It hurt like a mofo, enough that I was literally crying on my way to the dentist.

I know the optics aren't great, nerve injury to the face, but depending how severe or where that damage is, it can really be debilitating.

Pain like that is tough to deal with cause it don't go away and affects your lifestyle for sure. I just hope for Juulsen's lifestyle and the Habs needs that he will get past this. Holding onto a thin thread of hope for one more year. If he goes through another season like this past one, yeah, it's probably the end of his hockey career

Not much news on this it appears.

Reactions: sandviper

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
The key is to move Domi as a C, let's say, for a replacement RD younger then but, as good as Petry. THEN you move Petry at 2.75M for a larger (than Domi) winger prospect and a 1st round pick, like a Samuel Poulin and a 1st round pick, for example (not sure if the 2020 first round pick is available but, would take the 2021 1st round pick instead if it isn't.

You find the replacement for Petry that allows you to trade him for a small ransom.

Not the freaking 2021 1st rounder, bleh.

Stay away from 2021 assets. Get a 2022 or 2023, who cares. Not 2021.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The issue is they don't have a deep roster and are incapable of moving any of their top 6/top 4. If you remove Mackinnon their forward depth is not much better than ours. One of Graves/Zadorov is the only thing they can afford to move from their roster.

You can see the difference between their roster and a real contender like Tampa. You can take the top 5 players off of Tampa and they still have an NHL caliber top 4 and a wildcard-level top 6.

The thought process is if Graves can replace Girard and they would get Mete going the other way in the trade package. Yeah, Mete would be a depth piece but their D would look like this...

Graves / Makar
Zadorov / Johnson
Cole / Timmins

Mete
* Byram coming in the future

I think that D in the short term and long term without Girard is fine. They are strong at the LD side. Moving Girard and getting value and improvements up front (Domi or Tatar) while they don't trade Byram or Newhook and they keep their cap space? If I was Sakic, this is what I'd be considering if I felt Graves could replace Girard today and for cheaper too!

Not saying I want the Habs to go after Girard either. Just speculation on what I think Sakic may be pitching us in various trade ideas

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If the most we can get for Kovalchuk is a conditional 2nd, we should try adding a 2nd to Kovalchuk for a 1st. I'm tired of trading down from the 2nd rounder to get little to nothing worthwhile.
I would try a trade Kovalchuk and a late pick for Josh Anderson. Anderson scored 27 goals last year and plays with a bit of edge. Allows Habs to trade a top 6 forward in Avs deal for futures.

Which would be literally found money for Montreal. As Scandella returned a free 2nd earlier this week.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would try a trade Kovalchuk and a late pick for Josh Anderson. Anderson scored 27 goals last year and plays with a bit of edge. Allows Habs to trade a top 6 forward in Avs deal for futures.

Which would be literally found money for Montreal. As Scandella returned a free 2nd earlier this week.
Why does Colombus do that as a playoff team it makes them considerably worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->