Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread- Start of a New Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Habs have $3.6 million in cap space. Sit back and wait for half the season, then they can trade for a top line guy that has a $6 to $7 million contract. Most contenders won't have that luxury approaching the trade deadline.

And no, they're not trading Plekanec. He's the type of guy they would go out and get for a playoff run if they didn't already have him on the team. UFA or not, he's staying for the full season.

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
I'm not going to post any proposals but I will say that with Prust gone, Kassian out of the lineup and Tinordi being potentially not in the lineup often, this team is ripe for being pushed around. I know this is not a popular opinion with a lot of fans here but I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs trying to get a Patrick Bordeleau type to be the 12th/13th forward. He could be had likely be for a song as he is in the minors currently. Would probably be an instant fan favourite too.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
:habs

Brayden Schenn $2.5M X 1 year
Luke Schenn $3.6M X 1 year

:flyers

DD $3.5M X 2 years
Gilbert $2.8M X 1 year or Tinner $850k
Pick or prospect not named MacCarron, Scherbak or Juulson or some retained salary

Why this works. Both Schenn's are on the outs in Philly. Brayden is skating on their 5th line with 2 AHLers and Luke is not going to be resigned and is a constant reminder of the JVR trade. DD Gilbert give Philly two players that fill voids they have right now in a servicable, puck moving defensman and a playmaking 50 point centre. Luke has virtually no value and carrries the biggest price tag. The trade is essentially Gilbert and a pick for Brayden and DD and Luke are a wash.

Habs lineup:

Patches Plex Gally
Eller Chucky Semin
Fleisch Schenn Weise
DLR Mitchell Kassian

Markov PK
Emelin Petry
Beau Pateryn
Tinner Schenn

So wait a minute? Plekanec and Gallagher our first line has looked like crap yet you want to break a possible solid 3rd line by adding a couple of under achievers?

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I am content with the lines as-is. I think minor moves re: moving excess for picks might make sense, but I would prefer we make a big move when the time is right.

Okposo would be my target, when he becomes 'available'

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I am content with the lines as-is. I think minor moves re: moving excess for picks might make sense, but I would prefer we make a big move when the time is right.

Okposo would be my target, when he becomes 'available'

I too hope Semin and Eller work out on the wings, otherwise yeah a top 6 winger preferably top line would be our biggest need.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
So wait a minute? Plekanec and Gallagher our first line has looked like crap yet you want to break a possible solid 3rd line by adding a couple of under achievers?

Yes, precisely. More specifically, add B. Schenn to replace DD on the 3rd line. Adding L. Schenn is just the sweetner to get them to take DD back because no GM in their right mind would trade B. Schenn for DD straight up.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
I'm not going to post any proposals but I will say that with Prust gone, Kassian out of the lineup and Tinordi being potentially not in the lineup often, this team is ripe for being pushed around. I know this is not a popular opinion with a lot of fans here but I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs trying to get a Patrick Bordeleau type to be the 12th/13th forward. He could be had likely be for a song as he is in the minors currently. Would probably be an instant fan favourite too.

I've mentioned Bordeleau as well, and you're right... When Dale Weise is your toughest forward you're in a whole world of trouble.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

While Bordeleau was totally adequate as a 4th liner, one would think we are aware of the usefulness of an enforcer with back problems, you know...

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
they want to rid themselves of his 17.5M contract, they are bad spot for the cap and it's looking more and more that the cap will go down next year. Tinordi is a 1st round pick that might do better in a less pressured environment and we are adding a decent prospect in Reway, Lehkonen or Nygren.

But again, I said it was just for fun, all I know is that the flyers are trying to dump the big contract and that is going to cost them as Vinny's game has gone to hell.

But why should the Habs put themselves in a bad spot even if they get the extra player and/or pick?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
While Bordeleau was totally adequate as a 4th liner, one would think we are aware of the usefulness of an enforcer with back problems, you know...

Laraque got a 3-year contract which amplified all problems.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki time soon.
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I've mentioned Bordeleau as well, and you're right... When Dale Weise is your toughest forward you're in a whole world of trouble.

Agreed,not many tough guys here now,but Beaulieu can stand up,Patteryn also when he plays,we'll see who steps up.Patch should get a bit more nasty,would help him down the road.

dreamingofdrouin*

Wonder if lupul could help the habs?....

giphy.gif

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I've noticed many fellow Habs fans sharing this odd desire to get Lupul. I honestly don't see how he'd be any better than our top 6 wingers, especially when he'd be getting paid 5.25 million/year.

MAYBE he needs players to play with?

semin I know is only 1 mill but......

just a thought

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Stay the hell away from Lupul! He might have been a decent player... like 5 years ago! Not to mention that he is always injured.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Need to move Gilbert for a prospect or a pick. He's brutal and taking up a spot that could be filled with one of many kids waiting for their chance. You'd think someone would need a veteran defenseman, and also dumb enough to take him.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Need to move Gilbert for a prospect or a pick. He's brutal and taking up a spot that could be filled with one of many kids waiting for their chance. You'd think someone would need a veteran defenseman, and also dumb enough to take him.

I'd prefer if we could just use Pateryn instead and keep Gilbert as an insurance policy, but what are the odds Therrien benches Gilbert or Emelin?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'd prefer if we could just use Pateryn instead and keep Gilbert as an insurance policy, but what are the odds Therrien benches Gilbert or Emelin?

I would like Pateryn playing as well and at worse you play Tinordi and move Emelin to the right side or call up one of:

Lernout
Dietz
Bennett

There are options, and Gilbert is what he is. We know what he is, so if we're going to have a guy on the bottom pairing that can't make a pass out of his own zone, they might as well have someone that could have upside to improve.

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
I would entertain trading : DD, Plekanec, Gallagher. One, two or the three of them. In order to get you have to give. Few years ago the Kings made that blockbuster trade with the flyers. Moving Gilbert won t bring you a Stanley cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad