Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread- Start of a New Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
You will hardly find a return in a deal involving any of these two that improve our chances this season. Gilbert is replaceable and will probably go, but Plekanec and Desharnais are still essential to this team and won't yield more than picks/prospects. If they go it means we're having a terrible season.

Before camp started I thought Gibert was a prime trade candidate. I'm not so sure any more.

This is the one player where Montreal would be dealing from a position of strength. Effective puck moving defenseman are very hard to find for the 2nd or 3rd pairings. Gilbert can play in all situations, is a rarer commodity because he is RH and has a very cap friendly contract.

If he is traded I hope that Bergevin would get a better than average return.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Before camp started I thought Gibert was a prime trade candidate. I'm not so sure any more.

This is the one player where Montreal would be dealing from a position of strength. Effective puck moving defenseman are very hard to find for the 2nd or 3rd pairings. Gilbert can play in all situations, is a rarer commodity because he is RH and has a very cap friendly contract.

LOL it takes one game for Gilbert to be Bobby Orr and another to be Patrick Traverse. Us Hab fans change forget quickly the next day.

Chez Weber

King of the North
Jun 27, 2011
Montreal

We still have 8 defenseman at the moment.. We should at least trade one of them

MaKi

Marschak's #1 Fan
Apr 13, 2007
Marschak's Bandwagon
As a Pittsburgh fan how about Kunitz and Scuderi for Tinordi and Reway?

In a heartbeat.

What!? Why would we do that!?
We'd be taking on 7.225M combined cap hit for this season and next, for two guys who are 36 years old already.
Scuderi wouldn't even make our lineup, and Kunitz is a 3rd/4th liner at this point in his career.
I mean sure Kunitz has put up some solid numbers playing with Crosby, but Colby Armstrong was scoring at a 30g, 70pt pace playing with Crosby back in 05/06, how did he look with the Habs? :p
I think we'd be better off with Flesichmann around 1mill than trading for Kunitz personally.

Last edited:

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
I would try and work out something with Columbus who are lacking depth at defence.

Tinnord+ for Rychel.

It gives Columbus additional depth at Defence and gives us needed a young player with potential at LW.

Agalloch1986

Nov 26, 2012
2 cap dumps for 2 prospects how nice of you :help:

Not really you get two veteran guys who have both won 2 Stanley Cups. You have a talented team, but need that veteran leadership for any long Stanley Cup run. Kunitz was only on the Canadian Olympic team in Sochi! With Tinordi, the Pens gain some toughness on the backend which we've been missing since losing Orpik and Engelland. Tinordi has been having a tough time getting ice team with Montreal and would fit nicely on our 3rd unit. As far as Reway goes I've loved watching him play the World Junior Championships and knowing this is his last year of his contract in the Czech League, I think he'd look great in a Pens uniform next year!

Carey The Habs

Sep 18, 2015
Not really you get two veteran guys who have both won 2 Stanley Cups. You have a talented team, but need that veteran leadership for any long Stanley Cup run. Kunitz was only on the Canadian Olympic team in Sochi! With Tinordi, the Pens gain some toughness on the backend which we've been missing since losing Orpik and Engelland. Tinordi has been having a tough time getting ice team with Montreal and would fit nicely on our 3rd unit. As far as Reway goes I've loved watching him play the World Junior Championships and knowing this is his last year of his contract in the Czech League, I think he'd look great in a Pens uniform next year!

Most overrated statements in hockey. I'd take young talent over AHL players like Scuderi. Kunitz is good enough for me. Tinner DD and Andrighetto for Kunitz.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I would give Zack Kassian for Chris Kunitz.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin
Kunitz-Desharnais-Weise
Fleischmann-Mitchell-DSP
Flynn

x-DLR, Hudon, Andreghetto

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I would try and work out something with Columbus who are lacking depth at defence.

Tinnord+ for Rychel.

It gives Columbus additional depth at Defence and gives us needed a young player with potential at LW.

That's a trade partner that make sense to me. They are lacking a lot of stuff on the defense but they are loaded upfront. Would be ready give a lot more to get my hands on this guy.

Perfect fit long term for the Habs in my book.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I would give Zack Kassian for Chris Kunitz.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin
Kunitz-Desharnais-Weise
Fleischmann-Mitchell-DSP
Flynn

x-DLR, Hudon, Andreghetto

Maybe let him play a game first before trading him for a cap dump.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Kunitz is terrible and Scuderi is even worst. Put Flynn with Crosby and he`ll also get in Team Canada. Borderline NHL players(Scuderi) with a cup doesn`t mean anything, if that was the case we should trade for John Scott right?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This offseason I think the Habs would need a top 4 LD to be serious contenders. But so far Beaulieu is proving he might just be that solution.. I wish we could include Emelin in a deal for Hamhuis but not even Benning would do that :laugh:

I think a top line sniper would be our needs if Semin doesn`t workout. But I agree Hamhuis would be a great fit he can be another mentor to Beaulieu and play anywhere. On the first pair if Markov is gassed, second pair if Beaulieu isn`t ready and the third pairing. Also Markov can get 3rd pairing time but with first wave PP to play less and prepare him for the playoffs.

I`m pretty sure it was said that Vrbata and Hamhuis didn`t want to re-sign with the Canucks also Benning is a terrible gm. Maybe DD,Emelin,Ghetto,2nd,Tinordi(London buddies with Bo Horvat) for Vrbata,Hamhuis.
So then that gives a lineup of:
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher (good first line that can play anywhere)
Semin-Galchenyuk-Vrbata (great second line with another sniper to play with Chuck)
Fleischmann-Eller-Kassian (better 3rd line than our current)
DSP-Mitchell-Weise (really good 4th line)

Hamhuis-Subban ( 2 olympians on the first pair )
Markov-Petry (#2 D with a #3 D is good and switch Markov and Beaulieu for some games)
Beaulieu-Pateryn (good third pairing)

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
That's insane. Two cap dumps for two very good players that are not overpaid.

And you want to pad the value with a bunch of useless pieces?

I would try that package to see if Benning would accept it but I`d obviously give a lot more.

Agalloch1986

Nov 26, 2012
Kunitz is terrible and Scuderi is even worst. Put Flynn with Crosby and he`ll also get in Team Canada. Borderline NHL players(Scuderi) with a cup doesn`t mean anything, if that was the case we should trade for John Scott right?

You must be sad being such a negative person. Your argument doesn't make any sense since Scott has never won the Stanley Cup. Besides that, none of Crosby's other linemates have received such an honour. You can't score 35 goals by being "terrible" and he was a decent player when he was with the Ducks as well. Crosby wasn't on that team...

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I would pass on Vinny even with DD going the other way. Too much money for too long.

But getting Sanheim with Philly's 2016 1st (likely a top 10 pick)... hell yeah. That'd be the most ridiculous steal you could imagine. I take that and run.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
You must be sad being such a negative person. Your argument doesn't make any sense since Scott has never won the Stanley Cup. Besides that, none of Crosby's other linemates have received such an honour. You can't score 35 goals by being "terrible" and he was a decent player when he was with the Ducks as well. Crosby wasn't on that team...

Thanks for the compliment! And you are correct my argument made no sense because I thought Scott was with the Hawks when they won the cup in 2010.:laugh:
But there are people that won cups and where not good.

Kunitz is slowing down and we don`t need nor do we want him on the team.

Habitant le colon

Un partisan
Feb 6, 2008
another planet
1-Tinordi + DSP + 2nd VS Tom Wilson + Nate Schmidt
2- Emelin + Reway + Andrighetto VS Nicklas Grossmann + Luass Lessio

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin
Fleischmann - Desharnais - Wilson
DLR - Mitchell - Weise
Flynn

Waiver : Kassian

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Petry
Grossmann - Gilbert
Schmidt - Pateryn

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Tinordi + DSP + 2nd VS Tom Wilson + Nate Schmidt

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin
Fleischmann - Desharnais - Wilson
DLR - Mitchell - Weise
Flynn

Waiver : Kassian

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Gilbert
Schmidt - Pateryn

Caps say no.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Yeah that second deal is absolutely terrible. Like Gomez level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad