Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread-Solution in the locker room edition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Might as well trade the whole team for the Islanders.

All Habs players traded for all Isles players

Last edited:

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I would give Garth Snow a call and require about Tavares and then I’ll offer him this;

To Montreal:
John Tavares
2nd pick

To New York:
Alex Galchenuyk
Charlie Lindgren
1st pick

Max Pacioretty - John Tavares - Jonathan Drouin
Paul Byron - Philip Danault - Artturi Lekhonen
Charles Hudon - Tomas Plekanec - Brendan Gallagher
Nikita Scherbak - Michael McCarron - Andrew Shaw

Victor Mete - Shea Weber
Karl Alzner - Jeff Petry
Brandon Davidson - Jordi Benn

Carey Price
You sir are funny. Especially the part where you require Tavares.

Jul 6, 2016
This team needs energy and size.

Way too small and unskilled bunch.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
There are lots of things I am not happy with MB about and there are things I do not like about CJ. But that an entire of players is being rejected by CJ , I think you better have more than that.

I am guessing Emelin and Beaulieu were out of favour due to frequent defensive lapses.

Markov and Rads were losse.s UFAs that we didnt re-sign. Maybe there was just no deal to be had but if there was any unclean hands it was MB being arrogant and letting his ego get in the way. Not enough for me to accept its racism at work.

As to Shipachyov, I do not know. When we did not sign him after having interest last year I did not get it and said MB better be right. I will say that again. By the way, do not know about Dadanov's overall game, but he has 4 goals and 9 points in 9 games for Florida.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
Roll the dice on Garrison off waiver?

Veteran LD with some playmaking abilities. High cap hit but we've got loads of that available.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Price has no value...

Seriously? Come on man.

Lundqvist:
- Current contract started in 2014
- 7 years, $59.5M (AAV of $8.5M)
- Age 32 to 38
- Salary cap in 2014 was $69M.
- $8.5M AAV is 12.3% of the cap in the 1st year.

Price:
- Next contract starts in 2018
- 8 years, $84M (AAV of $10.5M)
- Age 31 to 38
- Salary cap in 2018 is likely $77M +/-
- $10.5M AAV is 13.6% of the cap next year +/-

I agree Price is overpaid and his contract should be around $9.5M AAV Maximum. But he does not have zero value.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Seriously? Come on man.

Lundqvist:
- Current contract started in 2014
- 7 years, $59.5M (AAV of $8.5M)
- Age 32 to 38
- Salary cap in 2014 was $69M.
- $8.5M AAV is 12.3% of the cap in the 1st year.

Price:
- Next contract starts in 2018
- 8 years, $84M (AAV of $10.5M)
- Age 31 to 38
- Salary cap in 2018 is likely $77M +/-
- $10.5M AAV is 13.6% of the cap next year +/-

I agree Price is overpaid and his contract should be around $9.5M AAV Maximum. But he does not have zero value.

It’s close. Who has a need for a goalie and has that amount of cap space? It would be like 3 teams that might want him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It’s close. Who has a need for a goalie and has that amount of cap space? It would be like 3 teams that might want him.

I think the Islanders would bite. It might give Snow reason to show Tavares they want to win. Price is a game changer for them. Other teams are the Jets, Sabres, Flyers. Consider this... If we retain $2M annually (max), we take on their teams goalie contract ($4-5M +/-), and we add $2m to the salary cap, the team acquiring him would have take on what? An extra $2M in cap hit? To provide an upgrade like Price, I think a lot of GM's would think it's worth it. It just comes down to finding a team with a good young core and a need for a goaltender. We are limited but there are a few teams that would be interested if we retain salary.

Price from age 31-38 at $8.5M - $9M is not as bad as what most think it is. Leafs retained $1.2M with Kessel's contract and I don't' hear too many people saying they are doomed from this. The panic going on in Montreal is wild! Hang on for the ride! lol

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I think the Islanders would bite. It might give Snow reason to show Tavares they want to win. Price is a game changer for them. Other teams are the Jets, Sabres, Flyers. Consider this... If we retain $2M annually (max), we take on their teams goalie contract ($4-5M +/-), and we add $2m to the salary cap, the team acquiring him would have take on what? An extra $2M in cap hit? To provide an upgrade like Price, I think a lot of GM's would think it's worth it. It just comes down to finding a team with a good young core and a need for a goaltender. We are limited but there are a few teams that would be interested if we retain salary.

Price from age 31-38 at $8.5M - $9M is not as bad as what most think it is. Leafs retained $1.2M with Kessel's contract and I don't' hear too many people saying they are doomed from this. The panic going on in Montreal is wild! Hang on for the ride! lol

You would rather pay a bad goalie 7 million (includes the 2m retention of Price) instead of paying 10.5m for the best goalie in the world?

If we're going to give them Price and acquire their bad goalie, we better get a Laine back

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Solution in the locker room ... was Bergevin thinking of this?

rads.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You would rather pay a bad goalie 7 million (includes the 2m retention of Price) instead of paying 10.5m for the best goalie in the world?

If we're going to give them Price and acquire their bad goalie, we better get a Laine back

No team would give you the Laine return. Our best strategy is to retain salary and take in a massive haul in draft picks. Remember, we don't want to be good this year or next. We want to be good in 3 years after this year when our age 25 and under core develops more.

In 3 years time:
- Drouin (age 25)
- Mete (age 22)
- Galchenyuk (age 26)
- Lehkonen (age 25)
- Danault (age 27)
- Gallagher (age 28)
- Byron (age 31)
- Shaw (age 29)
- Scherbak (age 24)
- Hudon (age 26)
- DLR (age 25)
- McCarron (age 25)

- Poehling (age 21)
- Juulsen (age 23)
- Brook (age 21)
- Ikonen (age 21)
- Bitten (age 22)
- Evans (age 24)
- Lernout (age 25)

- Lindgren (age 26)
- McNiven (age 23)

- 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2018 2nd (Chi), 2018 2nd (TB), 2018 3rd, etc picks would be age 20
- Picks from trading Price, Patch, Pleky and others would be added to this.

In 3+ years, we are rebuilt and our age core doesn't have much gap. Most players are from age 20-25 and that is key. We can build on top of that by trading future picks and maybe some prospects so we have a more balanced roster.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Pacioretty/Weber is a must trade this season IMO. Both these guys are only useful for this franchise if we expect contention this year/next. 35+ year old Weber and mega contract Pacioretty is not something you want to join titanic contract Price if this team is going to be struggling.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
No team would give you the Laine return. Our best strategy is to retain salary and take in a massive haul in draft picks. Remember, we don't want to be good this year or next. We want to be good in 3 years after this year when our age 25 and under core develops more.

In 3 years time:
- Drouin (age 25)
- Mete (age 22)
- Galchenyuk (age 26)
- Lehkonen (age 25)
- Danault (age 27)
- Gallagher (age 28)
- Byron (age 31)
- Shaw (age 29)
- Scherbak (age 24)
- Hudon (age 26)
- DLR (age 25)
- McCarron (age 25)

- Poehling (age 21)
- Juulsen (age 23)
- Brook (age 21)
- Ikonen (age 21)
- Bitten (age 22)
- Evans (age 24)
- Lernout (age 25)

- Lindgren (age 26)
- McNiven (age 23)

- 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2018 2nd (Chi), 2018 2nd (TB), 2018 3rd, etc picks would be age 20
- Picks from trading Price, Patch, Pleky and others would be added to this.

In 3+ years, we are rebuilt and our age core doesn't have much gap. Most players are from age 20-25 and that is key. We can build on top of that by trading future picks and maybe some prospects so we have a more balanced roster.

So what exactly do you expect to receive by trading Price with 2 mil retention and by acquiring their cap dump goalie?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So what exactly do you expect to receive by trading Price with 2 mil retention and by acquiring their cap dump goalie?

Check out post 42. That's what I would offer to the Islanders. Not sure if they like it but that's the offer and reasoning behind it.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
lol at all these proposals. Only thing that will fix this team is a full on rebuild.

Why this isn't completly obvious to everyone I don't know. This team is completly built wrong. Rip it down and build it right.. Mike Holmes for GM.....:D

Last edited:

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Check out post 42. That's what I would offer to the Islanders. Not sure if they like it but that's the offer and reasoning behind it.

Blockbuster trade: I think Snow bites. Here is the break down and how it makes sense.

Islanders trade:
- Halak (1 year at $4.5M)
- Greiss (3 years at $3.33M)
- Pulock (Right defenseman, age 23)
- Aho (Left Defenseman, age 21)
- Beauvillier
- 2018 1st (Islanders)
- 2018 1st (Flames)

Habs Trade:
- Price ($2M retained this season and 6/8 years of his next contract)
- Patch ($4.5M for 2 years)
- 2018 4th
- Montoya ($1.06M)

Trade Breakdown:
- Price (Salary retained), 2018 4th, Montoya = Halak, Greiss, 2018 1st, Beauvillier, Aho
- Patch = 2018 1st, Pulock,

Islanders Cap situation:
1) 2017 - 2018 season: $3.07M currently. Habs have to retain on Price's contract this season to give them cap flexibility. They will want it and we would not have a problem with it.
2) 2018 - 2019 season:
- $34.7M with 11 players signed.
- Add $2M in Salary cap increase and they have $36.7M in cap space with 11 players signed.
- Subtracting Price ($10.5M - $2M retained), Patch ($4.5M), Montoya ($1.06M) contracts and adding Beauvillier ($0.89M), & Greiss ($3.3M), Islanders have about $27M in cap space
- Resign Tavares at $10.5M, Bailey ($4M +/-), Nelson ($4M +/-), De Haan ($4.5M +/-), Islanders have approximately $4 in cap space with 7 players to sign. Tight and the Habs would likey have to take on a cap dump at their choice. Maybe Cizikas or Clutterbuck? I'd take Ladd's contract off their hands if he would waive his NMC.

Cup Contenders and Tavares likely resigns IMO
Lee / Tavares / Eberle
Patch / Barzal / Bailey
Ladd / Nelson / Chimera
Kulemin / Cizikas / Clutterbuck

Leddy / Boychuk
De Haan / Pelech
Hickey / Mayfield

Price
Montoya

Thats awful value for us.
We trade Price and Pacioretty and don't get a single high-end piece??
Islanders do that and run.

I probably wouldn't trade Price alone for that package. You don't trade the best goalie in the world to just get back 'good' pieces. Guys like Barzal and Ho-Sang would have to be included if Islanders want Price.

The reason we aren't contenders is because we lack players with high skill talent. Your package includes none of that.

Also Pacioretty for 1st + Pulock is even worse. Pulock was healthy scratched for most games this year, and the 1st would be a late 1st round pick. Giving up a top 5 goalscorer for that is laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad