Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread-Solution in the locker room edition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015

Trade proposal thread locked with no other started hope no one minds i started another.

Vegas done with Ships, apparently we don't need a center anymore...solution is in the locker room...i guess. I don't get it, we have cap...check, we need depth at C...check, we need offence...check. Habs already turned it down...che...wait what? At $4.5 for 2 yrs why not take a flyer? Pleks off the books next year, I mean i can't see Vegas asking a whole lot in return. How about Shaw 1 for 1? or DLR + 3rd rd pick...anything. :help:

Galch-Ship-Sherback?

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Posted this in the Bergevin thread...

Bergevin wanted him to sign with us. Probably Bergevin "fair" offer wasn't good enough for Shipachyov so when he learned how much he was asking for he backed down.

He's probably upset that Shipachyov was too greedy and now refuse to bring him to teach him a lesson

brianp1950

Sep 28, 2017
Posted this in the Bergevin thread...

Bergevin wanted him to sign with us. Probably Bergevin "fair" offer wasn't good enough for Shipachyov so when he learned how much he was asking for he backed down.

He's probably upset that Shipachyov was too greedy and now refuse to bring him to teach him a lesson

Molson must be very proud that we are so stacked as a team that we do not need to waste his millions on trying to improve the habs. MB has no vision other than tunnel.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Look at the timeline. Habs under MB have several Russian players either through draft, trade or UFA. Habs rumored to be interested in Shipachyov early last year (pre CJ). CJ comes in and the Habs go out and acquire King, Ott, Martinsen. Off-season every Russian player but Scherbak is gone (unless you count Galchenyuk as Russian, but his value was likely too low to trade in the summer imo) Now they have no interest in Shipachyov. Funny that pre CJ we had lots of Russians and interest in others and now under CJ we have hardly any. So was it MB that soured on them or does CJ have some issue and why? Just seems very odd that just about all of our Russian players are gone and we don't have interest in a player we were rumored to be interested in signing.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Bergevin not biting on Ship because he's thinking 2 steps ahead.

He thinks NYR will trade for Ship. Shortly thereafter, he'll pluck from the waiver wire a certain cuddly, captain-pleasing, #1 line-centering Ewok.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Do we know what went down exactly for things to go south that quickly with Shipachov? Is it all related to being sent down to the AHL to start the season?

It's a really odd situation.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I like the "solution in the locker room addition". If it's not the players, then what else is in the locker room that can change:

1. Toilet Paper
2. Paper Towels
3. Urinals
4. Urinal Blocks
5. Soap Dispensers
6. Soap
7. Lockers
8. Stalls
9. Lights
10. Rabbit's Foot (puck luck)

If I'd be the current vendor of this stuff, I'd be nervous. Somethings gotta change in that locker room.

Cap Space also seems to carry a lot of clout in this locker room. Why spend Cap Space on a center that probably has a higher PPG average than most of the Habs and it was a GOAL!

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
And Bergevin reportedly has no interest in Shipachov...

We're going to pass on a possible cheap top 6 center fix TWICE over a couple months.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Do we know what went down exactly for things to go south that quickly with Shipachov? Is it all related to being sent down to the AHL to start the season?

He's just not that good and got outplayed by the other centers.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Is there a way to get rid of Petry at some point? Or his NVM is for all of his contract years and we can't move him unless buyout?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

He as skill, but he is small and soft. Cant handle the size of NHL players .

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
I still think that it's too early to tell about Shipachov no? 3 games at the NHL level. I mean i know below stats are KHL but looks like decent numbers and clearly a reason we were rumoured interested originally, wonder what has changed since then? GP G A PTS PIM +/-
upload_2017-10-26_12-50-26.png

I mean 3 games sample size where he got 1 goal already (GWG to boot) with the following approx 10min TOI per game and no PP time and good F/O %.
upload_2017-10-26_12-54-32.png

I haven't seen him play so no eye test here, but seems at least if I am Vegas i am getting this guy a bit more ice time and a longer leash...10 games at least. As for the Habs, total head scratcher here...Someone tell me I am wrong or shed some light as to what I am missing.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I still think that it's too early to tell about Shipachov no? 3 games at the NHL level. I mean i know below stats are KHL but looks like decent numbers and clearly a reason we were rumoured interested originally, wonder what has changed since then? GP G A PTS PIM +/-
View attachment 81291

I mean 3 games sample size where he got 1 goal already (GWG to boot) with the following approx 10min TOI per game and no PP time and good F/O %.
View attachment 81293

I haven't seen him play so no eye test here, but seems at least if I am Vegas i am getting this guy a bit more ice time and a longer leash...10 games at least. As for the Habs, total head scratcher here...Someone tell me I am wrong or shed some light as to what I am missing.

He's played less than 40 minutes. He's been pretty meh, but it seems strange to move on from him now.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Apparently he might be too slow and soft for the NHL.

But the sad part is he would still be better than Danault and Plekanec.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Apparently he might be too slow and soft for the NHL.

But the sad part is he would still be better than Danault and Plekanec.

With the style that the Habs play? I don't think he fits at all. Could be Jori Lehtera 2.0.

I'd rather stick with what we've got than risk a big contract that'll likely be a marginal improvement.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I don't know why, but i get the feeling that we might be interested in Brendan Lemieux...

Lavoie said that Cheveldayoff was in Montreal scouting the Habs against Florida. And we know that our forward group is soft and small and Julien is preaching the go hard to the net getting those rebounds and tiping those pucks but we get box out most of the time. Lemieux might be a good fit on a third line. He's got the size and desire to do it.

I dont have any insider info.. only speculating. Winnipeg has an abondance of good young forward and dman. Maybe we could be good trading partner..

Elfward7

Jun 24, 2016
I'm just spitballing for conversation sake but what would thoughts be on something around:

To Philadelphia: Carey Price, Artturi Lehkonen

To Montreal: Claude Giroux, Brian Elliott, Matt Read or Michael Raffl (for cap reasons)

Picks can be added to round it out.

It's interesting bc 10 games into the season, Price is doing horribly, Giroux is doing very well compared to what would have been expected.

Pacioretty - Giroux - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Drouin - Shaw
Byron/Raffl - Danault - Read/Byron

Elliott
Montoya/Lindgren

Future would be Lindgren in net of course.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Of course. Why in the world would our great GM be intetested in a center on a 2 year deal? I mean, why would he actually do his job and bring in something the Habs actually need? That's just silly guys.

Reactions: Alex1234

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
Of course. Why in the world would our great GM be intetested in a center on a 2 year deal? I mean, why would he actually do his job and bring in something the Habs actually need? That's just silly guys.
Exactly i dont understand. 2 years is perfect considering Pleks is likely off the book next year and Poehling is still a few years away. Buys us a bit of time to also go after additional C depth this season or in the off season.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
We only want garbage like Streit, King and Martinsen. The solution must come from within! Listen to your leader.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I’ve seen a couple of VGK games with Shipachyov. He’s really lost in the defensive zone. He gives up on plays. I think they sent him back to work on his game as the NHL is all about winning and not a league to develop your defensive coverage. Think of Alex Semin and would you trade for him? Probably not. With that cap hit $4.5 mil for 2 years you’re basically getting Semin for almost $10 mil. Personally I would pass unless VGK include 2 x second round picks and retain half his salary. He’s just bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad