Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread-Solution in the locker room edition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
You just need to trade 2 players (Weber and Price ) for a rebuild imo

Add Pacioretty. Maybe someone would bite on a 30 goals scorer that brings nothing else to the game (on a good contract). He is the worst captain in Habs' history. Give the C to Gallagher, at least, he cares more.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
You’re not going to find your new GM mid season. Replacing a GM is an off season thing. We have to trade assets to for picks and prospects which isn’t or shouldn’t be as difficult. He’s fail d as a GM but he’s not Rejean Houle.

You don't need to replace the GM immediately. The first step is to hire PHO to oversee the transition. He can nominate an interim GM to assist with the day to day operation of the team.

The priority is to staunch the hemorrhaging. That means Bergevin is gone. Immediately. Take the loaded gun out of the hands of the idiot who believes he improved the team last off-season.

Reactions: ItzaGreat

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
You don't need to replace the GM immediately. The first step is to hire PHO to oversee the transition. He can nominate an interim GM to assist with the day to day operation of the team.

The priority is to staunch the hemorrhaging. That means Bergevin is gone. Immediately. Take the loaded gun out of the hands of the idiot who believes he improved the team last off-season.

Yes. He'll do everything he can to try and salvage his job, the season.

I'd rather we finish at the bottom and get a chance at Dhallin, rather than finishing 6 points out of the playoff.

Imagine this scenario: Season ends, we get a new GM. (Julien Brisebois?) We get 1st overall draft pick: Dhallin. We sign free agent: John Tavares.

Then suddenly, were back in the race!

Edit: I'm a dreamer!

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

I'd rather we finish at the bottom and get a chance at Dhallin, rather than finishing 6 points out of the playoff.

Imagine this scenario: Season ends, we get a new GM. (Julien Brisebois?) We get 1st overall draft pick: Dhallin. We sign free agent: John Tavares.

If Tavares hits UFA, which I seriously doubt, or if the Islanders try to trade him here, he will not be interested. If Tavares moves, it will be to a genuine contender, not to a team in a free fall to hell.

ItzaGreat

How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
If Tavares hits UFA, which I seriously doubt, or if the Islanders try to trade him here, he will not be interested. If Tavares moves, it will be to a genuine contender, not to a team in a free fall to hell.

Hence the I'm a dreamer edit.

But with Tavares and Dahlin, we'd be contenders.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Agreed. I said the same think earlier. Incredibly rare to replace GM mid season. Still need go start now.

Reactions: groovejuice

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
But those are our new young talented players we can use to hold around. If you don’t have some players like Drouin, Chucky etc to start from, you’re basically an expansion team and the rebuild goes from 2-3 years to 5-7 years.

The Knights have Theodore, Miller, Tuch, etc. to start with too. If you're starting a true rebuild, you have to view your team as an expansion team, which is akin to a scorched earth starting point and plan for a long rebuild and hope the players and prospects speed it up.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Until all the bad contracts start to hinder keeping the good players and then the team is right back in no-mans land. Which would take a year or two, tops.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The Knights have Theodore, Miller, Tuch, etc. to start with too. If you're starting a true rebuild, you have to view your team as an expansion team, which is akin to a scorched earth starting point and plan for a long rebuild and hope the players and prospects speed it up.

Yes but you already have some young talent to build around. Start with those players and add more to them. If you start with just prospects snd picks there’s no one to help insulate and bring up the kids while they develop. You need tires is players, start young and keep adding to that.

Trumpet Hab

Sep 28, 2017
Victoria

This!! There is a stink in that locker room, and on the team. FWIW I don't think CJ or KM have anything to do with the stink.... MB on the other hand.... he needs to go, if for no other reason than the players need to think there is a light at the end of the tunnel (that's not a train). He clearly has no answers. ... and so does Patches ... trade him now, because he's got value as a goal scorer on a great contract.... we could afford to take some salary back, but only if we also get a prospect and a pick in return. Gallagher or Weber should be captain of this team. Unfortunately Patches is and as a captain he's BRUTAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad