Trade Proposal Thread - Proposing to Somebody Other Than Kessel Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Mtl doesnt have the cap space to deal picks for vets.

Unless its pleks, DD, pap or emelin with a high pick to acquire an upgrade; bargain bin likely will be quiet during draft and free agency

Doesn't matter have Flynn and Mitchell

Because if there's anywhere you want to poach 4th liners from, it's the worst team in the league

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Still waiting for "The List".

The guy overrates DD so much it's ridiculous. There's ton of players better than DD playing on the bottom 6 of other teams. They just don't get as much points because of their role and utilization. DD stats are way higher than it should be because the coach gives him everything possible for him to produce.

DD is an unidimensional 30 pts player.

Even bottom teams like the Oilers, Avs, Stars and Leafs wouldn't have him in their top 6.

I wouldn't be surprised that DD wouldn't last in the NHL more than 2 seasons playing for another team than the Habs.

dreamingofdrouin*

Not the type of 'possession' player you'd want, heard he blows anyways.

brendan_fraser_laugh.gif

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
...here's a thought:

NO

I'm not sure about the first rounder with Galchenyuk. Plus I could see the Yotes wanting roster players to fill out their team.

Strome does interest me which could finally be our actual big center of the Habs have no intentions of putting Galchenyuk there.

If the rumors are true he isn't happy under Therrien and would want to be moved I would honestly look at a package including the 3rd overall.

I wonder if something like:

Galchenyuk
Emelin
Reway/Bozon/Lehkonen
2nd round pick'16(MIN)

Could work?

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
I'm not sure about the first rounder with Galchenyuk. Plus I could see the Yotes wanting roster players to fill out their team.

Strome does interest me which could finally be our actual big center of the Habs have no intentions of putting Galchenyuk there.

If the rumors are true he isn't happy under Therrien and would want to be moved I would honestly look at a package including the 3rd overall.

Galchenyuk
Emelin
Reway/Bozon/Lehkonen
2nd round pick'16(MIN)

Could work?

I'm not sure but I think it could work

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Galchenyuk
Emelin
Reway/Bozon/Lehkonen
2nd round pick'16(MIN)

Could work?

Why ? So bergevin and Co can ruin another young centre?

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Thoughts on dealing Galchenyuk+26 for 3rd overall?

What's the point?

This is why I self-loath this fan base sometimes. Whenever the habs finally get a nice piece, everybody lumps on the "trade" train at the first sign of adversity with the player.

"Price wasn't Patrick Roy this season and Halak had a good playoff run... lets trade Price and put him in every trade proposal!"

"Subban negotiations aren't going so well... lets trade him! Time to put Subban in all our trade offers!"

"Pacioretty is struggling early on in the season... lets trade him for Evander Kane!"

Same thing is happening with Galchenyuk. Every single one of our elite players gets the same early career treatment through the growing pains. I swear some people on here believe players should come out of their draft and enter the league immediately in their primes. It's like people don't understand that there is a learning curve and a progression towards achieving potential, it just doesn't happen within 2-3 years after their draft year. :facepalm:

HabsDieHard*

Any good rumours out there today?

I feel like the Habs are definitely going to make at least one trade before July 1st.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
only player it would make any sense for the habs trade Galch for at this point would be Draisatl...

and then only if Oilers valued Galch (or a Galch/Yak reunion) enough to add a pick (3rd or next year 2nd).

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Any good rumours out there today?

I feel like the Habs are definitely going to make at least one trade before July 1st.

Trade for what though? Top 6? Or just to unload money? The roster is set for next year. Close the book on the next week. The Suit man will do zilch

HabsDieHard*

Unlikely.

Whatever number Galchenyuk comes in at, he's going to bring them pretty close to the cap.

They currently are spending 28.71 on their defence, which includes 7 guys but not Tinordi who is unsigned.

They also desperately need to improve their forward depth.

My guess is Gilbert gets dealt....but my wildcard is a team giving up a late 1st and a prospect for Plekanec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad