Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If the Panthers are going after Brobovsky and Panarin, i don't think they would want futures for Huberdeau.

If they are going after Bob and Panarin, why wouldn't they just keep Huberdeau? Maybe they are willing to trade him to clear up cap space? So therefore they would take a package like Lehkonen, Suzuki and a 1st? Not sure.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Elliotte Freedman believes MB would go all-in if Huberdeau were available. Brian Wilde and Doug McLean claim that the Habs are among the suitors for Duchene. But yeah, just rumors.

To be honest, it does make some sense. Huberdeau is signed to a rather good deal, after all. But he covers absolutely no need, other than POSSIBLY backup top-9 center so we don't have to play Shaw, Peca or Thompson in position where they really don't belong.

But he's not exactly a two-way wonder, and we have our fair share of left wingers.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Huberdeau in montreal... huberdeau/domi/shaw. Drouin/danault/gallagher. Tatar/kotkaniemi/byron. Wow lol. Each line could score

Reactions: Doxinoctae

Jul 6, 2016
The way I see it, Pacioretty and Drouin are cancers with their attitude/effort level. Galchenyuk isn't. But he definitely needs to keep working on his 200 foot game - and he seems to now be the first to admit it.

Patches had great, great seasons with the Habs and had faced lots of injuries while coming back very quickly from them. I have loads of respect for him as a player and a human being. Not as a Captain. Drouin has lots of skills, better skating, better vision than Galchy would ever dream of. Desire and Consistency are his main problems.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If they are going after Bob and Panarin, why wouldn't they just keep Huberdeau? Maybe they are willing to trade him to clear up cap space? So therefore they would take a package like Lehkonen, Suzuki and a 1st? Not sure.

Like i said earlier, i really believe it's Huberdeau that wants out, asked for a trade if you prefer.
If they want to clear cap space they got way more suspect to drop starting by Reimer

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Elliotte Freedman believes MB would go all-in if Huberdeau were available. Brian Wilde and Doug McLean claim that the Habs are among the suitors for Duchene. But yeah, just rumors.

I think Bergevin is working phones no doubt about it. He would be stupid to ignore Duchene. I think I'm OK with him going after players like Huberdeau and Duchene using some of our futures. We are acquiring very good players with term.

My keepers are Romanov, Poehling, and Brook. I'd consider trading any other prospect if the trade was fair.

Reactions: Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You must mean Brian Wilde.

No it's on the latest 31 thoughts of Friedman....He wrote something like : The Habs would be on Duchene but not as rentals since MB said he's not going after big rentals......vaguely

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
I dont think galchenyuk was soft or a pouter. To me he's not in the same category as drouim qnd pacioretty. Chucky was just still figuring out the 200 foot game - and made good strides under julien last year.

The only problem with Galchenyuk is that he wasn't who everyone wanted him to be. He was Andrei Kostitsyn, not Jean Beliveau,

Jul 6, 2016
I think Bergevin is working phones no doubt about it. He would be stupid to ignore Duchene. I think I'm OK with him going after players like Huberdeau and Duchene using some of our futures. We are acquiring very good players with term.

My keepers are Romanov, Poehling, and Brook. I'd consider trading any other prospect if the trade was fair.

I'd keep Cayden Primeau too.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I'd add Primeau to that list.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Like i said earlier, i really believe it's Huberdeau that wants out, asked for a trade if you prefer.
If they want to clear cap space they got way more suspect to drop starting by Reimer

A rift has been reported between Huberdeau and the head coach. Could mean something, could mean nothing.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'd add Primeau to that list.

I would have to agree but he's in the Suzuki category and I'm not letting him go for cheap. I would be willing to take my chances with Price and find another replacement at some point in the future. We have plenty of time to find a replacement for Price.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I would like Huberdeau but even if he wants out, why would the Panthers trade him to a division rival?

Unless of course we are talking about an overpayment, something other teams are not willing to pay...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No it's on the latest 31 thoughts of Friedman....He wrote something like : The Habs would be on Duchene but not as rentals since MB said he's not going after big rentals......vaguely

I see, so Friedman is the third man in on the Duchene front. Good to know.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
The only young gun with a lot of value that we can trade is Josh Brook. We have plenty of RD, so he could the piece to trade... yeah i like this kid. But if we want a guy like huberdeau who is only 25. Brook (20). We have to give. We wont acquire him if want to give scott walford ok. Tallon is not dumb like that

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I would have to agree but he's in the Suzuki category and I'm not letting him go for cheap. I would be willing to take my chances with Price and find another replacement at some point in the future. We have plenty of time to find a replacement for Price.

I'd like to think of Primeau as Price's eventual back-up but who would get an increasing share of his workload as he ages. Hence, my preference for continuing to develop him and shield him. Just my opinion.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The only young gun with a lot of value that we can trade is Josh Brook. We have plenty of RD, so he could the piece to trade... yeah i like this kid. But if we want a guy like huberdeau who is only 25. Brook (20). We have to give. We wont acquire him if want to give scott walford ok. Tallon is not dumb like that

Brook is not the only one. Romanov and Poehling are right there with him.
Then it's Suzuki and Primeau.
Then Ylonen.
Then Ikonen and Olofsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad