Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don’t think Tallon would trade Huberdeau to a division rival. That’s just my take. It could really bite the Panthers in the butt.

Reactions: Fazkovsky

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
... But if that type of players makes you win, coaches should be able to deal with it, as long as it has no real negative effect on the rest of the players.

With a guy like Seguin? Absolutely they should’ve been patient. He liked to party when he was younger. Carey Price was the same way until he grew out of it. It was a huge mistake on Boston’s part. The difference tho is Seguin was a center with elite potential whereas Drouin is a winger with nowhere near the upside production wise. My point was if Julien could get on board with moving a young player of Seguin’s talent, he should realistically have absolutely zero issue moving Drouin for a winger whose more rounded.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I would prefer Duchene. Quick, good on faceoffs. All around offensive abilities.Would fit like a charm with Domi, Tatar, Drouin

Jul 6, 2016
With a guy like Seguin? Absolutely they should’ve been patient. He liked to party when he was younger. Carey Price was the same way until he grew out of it. It was a huge mistake on Boston’s part. The difference tho is Seguin was a center with elite potential whereas Drouin is a winger with nowhere near the upside production wise. My point was if Julien could get on board with moving a young player of Seguin’s talent, he should realistically have absolutely zero issue moving Drouin for a winger whose more rounded.

Yeah. Right. But will MB fix his "error'" that simply ?

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Rumors about Duchene if he's ready to sign an extansion
Rumors about Huberdeau

If there's any truth to these rumors, Montreal ain't dangling Lehkonen and a 1st for these guys. That's not Bergevin's type of trade, never has been and it's not enough.

I might put my tinfoil hat once again, but why do i get the feeling Bergevin is trying to trade away Drouin?
I can see a Drouin for Duchene deal as it saves face for sens.

But why would Florida trade Huberdeau? Because they want to clear some cap space so taking back another LW with similar cap hit makes no sense especially due to his inferior production.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
So i'm not the only one who's seeing this.

you got guys like Domi, Danault, Byron, Shaw, Weber, Lehkonen and Gallagher who are working their butt off almost every shift and throwing themselves in the face opposition and taking no ****. Even guys like Tatar and Armia is following their leads. I don't see it in Drouin, i see a guy that is flying when things are going his way and pouting when things are hard.

Drouin.... I don't know. I have much more issues with his softness along the board than with his pouting.
Though he does pout.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Wasn't this the reason why we traded Grabovski too? Or was it because he didn't get along with the Kostitsyn's? I foget the reason why we traded him for Pateryn. Then we traded Pateryn for Benn. Finally we got a good character guy that don't complain eh :sarcasm:

I always hated the GM's who trade players on a dime for distractions. Yzerman didn't do this with Drouin, he waited till the time was right and the distractions were a memory of the past.

Jul 6, 2016

But why would Florida trade Huberdeau? Because they want to clear some cap space so taking back another LW with similar cap hit makes no sense especially due to his inferior production.

Drouin would make older Sens fans re-live another nighmare.... Alexandre Daigle !

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Duchesne for Drouin....Ottawa would have to add...Drouin is signed for a few more years and at a decent cap hit

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

If i can read between the lines, Huberdeau wants out of Florida.
It's publi knowledge that it's going well with the coaches and i remember his interviews where he said that he'S tired of not making the PO even if he's in the league for 7 years now.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Our small forwards are all soft. Todays nhl, you dont need to be overly physical.You need speed.

Duchene is soft. As in "afraid to get hurt" soft. Only Drouin is that amongst our forward group.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I woould go all in on Huberdeau. My first pick/ lehkonen and a guy like josh brook. He is only 25 years old, nice cap hit, from quebec. We need punch in offensive and it could be a big upgrade

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If i can read between the lines, Huberdeau wants out of Florida.
It's publi knowledge that it's going well with the coaches and i remember his interviews where he said that he'S tired of not making the PO even if he's in the league for 7 years now.

... Man, signing in Florida to be traded in Montréal though. That gotta hurt (the wallet).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As stupid as it may sounds.....they did it with Briere.

Players near UFA and over the age of 30. Wouldn't be as big as a trade as Huberdeau for Drouin. To be serious here, lets keep Drouin and if the Panthers are interested in trading Huberdeau, lets see if we can acquire him using picks and prospects. Romanov, Poehling, and Brook are untouchable with me. I would listen and engage with using our 1st (lottery protection), Suzuki, Juulsen or Fleury, Lindgren, 2nd's, Primeau, etc.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I woould go all in on Huberdeau. My first pick/ lehkonen and a guy like josh brook. He is only 25 years old, nice cap hit, from quebec. We need punch in offensive and it could be a big upgrade

Brook is not on the table. Same goes for Poehling and Romanov. We need them more than we need Suzuki, Ylonen, Primeau, Ikonen, ect.

- Lehkonen
- 2019 1st (lottery protection)
- Suzuki

Solid offer IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad