Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So where are the people who think Lehkonen can get us Huberdeau? Lol

Big names like Huberdeau will cost us big time.

I just hope Bergevin pounces on good skilled players if they are available dirt cheap/without giving up a 2nd: Marcuss Johanson, Mats Zuccarello, Derrick Brassard. We need more skill in the bottom six.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Suter? Are you guys insane? He’s 34 and has 6 more years left on his contract after this season. No way.

He's playing very well this year - and his contract may make him available at a good price. But it is risky. Ideally you play him for a year or two until the young guys are aready, and unload him before he declines. But as you say, probably not worth it.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Hum, he was right, Danault is the forward that plays the most min on average on the team, ok practically 0 PP time (because he sucks on PP) but bests everyone on PK.

AND, he's still the forward with the most 5v5 play time.

On our team, that's 1st line.

Do your research next time before calling someone else out.

2018-19 Montreal Canadiens Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com
You are 100% correct on the fact, but his argument didn't prove his point. His point was that Danault's overall stats are due to high usage. Compared to other teams in the league, his usage is not that high. It matters not that his usage is high on this team when we were comparing his production to other players in the league.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Just saw that you said Danault doesn't really play pp and he sucks at, but our pp sucks in general, so why not put him on it ?

Julien explained that he wants Danault and Lehkonen on for the first shift post PP when the other team usually puts on their first line to try to regain momentum.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Marcus Johansson would immediately be our 4th best winger. He's better than Byron, Shaw, Armia, Lehkonen, Weise, D-lo, Hudon, and Peca.
Marcus Johansson 25 points in 47 games
Paul Byron 19 points in 36 points (same)
Andrew Shaw has 27 points in 40 games (better)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Marcus Johansson 25 points in 47 games
Paul Byron 19 points in 36 points (same)
Andrew Shaw has 27 points in 40 games (better)

You don't judge players by lookong at stat sheets amd especially small samples. If you want to look at stats, have Shaw or Byron ever put up 24 goals and 58 points in a season? He's had injuries that have slowed him the past two years. And that's why his value is so low. But imo he's better than his stat sheet shiws. Althiuhj apparently he's been a point per game player over the last 10 games. So, his value may be back up.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
You don't judge players by lookong at stat sheets amd especially small samples. If you want to look at stats, have Shaw or Byron ever put up 24 goals and 58 points in a season? He's had injuries that have slowed him the past two years. And that's why his value is so low. But imo he's better than his stat sheet shiws. Althiuhj apparently he's been a point per game player over the last 10 games. So, his value may be back up.
Ok he's fairly good, but a rental. What would we have to give up for him? And can he skate backwards?

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ok he's fairly good, but a rental. What would we have to give up for him? And can he skate backwards?
a 3rd and Lindgren.

And I would assume we could re-sign him. He's still only 28.

I like our d-core more than our forwards, so not worried if he can play d.

I could be totally wrong, but since there are a plethora of wingers on the market I could see players like Johansson and Brassard going for very low prices. Mats Zuccarello was flying under the radar, but I think his value is back up with 20 points in his last 14 games. He's now on a 69 point pace this year. Can't think of any other skilled forwards that may be undervalued.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
a 3rd and Lindgren.

I could be totally wrong, but since there are a plethora of wingers on the market I could see players like Johansson and Brassard going for very low prices. Mats Zuccarello was flying under the radar, but I think his value is back up with 20 points in his last 14 games. He's now on a 69 point pace this year. Can't think of any other skilled forwards that may be undervalued.

I don<T see the point of the Habs, with an abundance of non-elite wingers, paying 2nd line salary for this guy long-term, and short-term he isn't better than our current top 2 LW so why rent him rather than a defenceman or an elite goalscorer?

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don<T see the point of the Habs, with an abundance of non-elite wingers, paying 2nd line salary for this guy long-term, and short-term he isn't better than our current top 2 LW so why rent him rather than a defenceman or an elite goalscorer?

It's not an either or situation. None of the assets you give up for him would be used to land an elite goal scorer or an upgrade at LD.

If he's available for a price (a 3rd and Lindgren) that's way below his value, grab him. I think he can play the right side, but even if he plays the left, he's an upgrade over Lehkonen - a much needed upgrade because I want KK playing with better offensive players. Plus if he plays well (as I project) he could be moved at any time for more than we gave up for him. So, in that sense he helps in both the short and long term.

It's a no lose acquisition. But you are right - 4.5 million is a high salary. But I think he'll be worth it. He can play and he'd just add to our depth. Imo he's better than byron, shaw, Lehkonen, Armia, etc...

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
AVS fan and i have a question for you.

What are you willing to give for Zadorov?

Lekhonen
2nd and Hudon
????

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

He's not that good anymore. Too many injuries. Not worth it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's not that good anymore. Too many injuries. Not worth it.

everyone's entitled to their opinion. Your opinion, which I disagree with, is exactly what I'm hoping most GM's think.

Just like this summer when I emphatically wanted to get Skinner for way below his value- and other GM's let that happen without topping the Buffalo offer, because too many concussions, too small, he's not a center, blah blah blah, etc.., etc...

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
a 3rd and Lindgren.

I have a feeling Lindgren will be with the team shortly. Niemi’s on borrowed time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad