Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Jake Gardiner as a UFA signing could help out next year. Stick with what we got for this year

Meet Weber
Kulak Petry
Reilly Benn
Folin

Plus Juulsen if he recovers on time. Should be good for the stretch. This team is not winning.

We haven’t even seen what teams that are better than Habs are going to do at deadline let alone what habs have to do at deadline to be as good as they are at this very moment.

NOT HAPPENING THIS YEAR

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Id be interested in seeing what the team looks like after the deadline.

I could see Lehkonen + Hudon moved in a package to upgrade the Forward or Defense group. The 2nd rounders and 3rd rounder as well:

Drouin Danault Gallagher
Tatar Domi ???
Byron Kotkaniemi Armia
Shaw Thompson Weise
Peca Deslauriers

??? Weber
Mete Petry
Reilly Benn
Kulak

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I agree this year is time for restraint at the TDL, since the team is not yet benefiting from a few of Poehling / Brook / Romanov / Suzuki / Ylonen being on ELCs and since Kotka is not ready for 1st line matchups. That time will come, so I say stay the course and try to upset whomever in the 1st round. Sell some playoff hotdogs.

If the management team looks to go 100% hysterical to try to open up / rush the team's window (and effectively shorten it by several years) then I like the Getzlaf idea... probably costs 1st + Poehling + small add. Then it's chaos in Montreal, triple the hotdog sales.

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
I agree this year is time for restraint at the TDL, since the team is not yet benefiting from a few of Poehling / Brook / Romanov / Suzuki / Ylonen being on ELCs and since Kotka is not ready for 1st line matchups. That time will come, so I say stay the course and try to upset whomever in the 1st round. Sell some playoff hotdogs.

If the management team looks to go 100% hysterical to try to open up / rush the team's window (and effectively shorten it by several years) then I like the Getzlaf idea... probably costs 1st + Poehling + small add. Then it's chaos in Montreal, triple the hotdog sales.
Getzlaf wants to be part of the long term solution in Anaheim and has a no move trade clause. He obviously loves it there and doesn't want to leave. Imo he will never come to mtl. As much I love this playoff beast , I don't want the habs too give away their future/current top prospects.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Jake Gardiner as a UFA signing could help out next year. Stick with what we got for this year

Meet Weber
Kulak Petry
Reilly Benn
Folin

Plus Juulsen if he recovers on time. Should be good for the stretch. This team is not winning.

We haven’t even seen what teams that are better than Habs are going to do at deadline let alone what habs have to do at deadline to be as good as they are at this very moment.

NOT HAPPENING THIS YEAR

This team is not winning? Damn looks at standings and scratches his head. This season was a fluke !

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Getzlaf wants to be part of the long term solution in Anaheim and has a no move trade clause. He obviously loves it there and doesn't want to leave. Imo he will never come to mtl. As much I love this playoff beast , I don't want the habs too give away their future/current top prospects.

Yeah I agree with the above. The idea was more of a follow-up to an unreliable Twitter source in the previous trade proposal thread that said the Habs were in preliminary discussions with Anaheim for Getzlaf. Pipe dream.

Drouin-Getzlaf-Gallagher
Danault-Domi-Shaw
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Armia
Byron-Thompson-Weise

Poehling, possibly Lehkonen go the other way. Semi-regular trade partner, too. Three playoffs of Getzlaf. Cap-affordable. Craziness.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
This team is not winning? Damn looks at standings and scratches his head. This season was a fluke !
Yes because we clearly matchup well against Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander and Rielly

Or Bergeron, Marchand, pastrnak, kreiji

Or kucherov, stamkos, point, hedman

Or Crosby, malkin, Kessel letang

Or kuznetsov, ovechkin, backstrom, Oshie carlsson

Or or or. We don’t have the team to do it in a 7 game series.

We are missing a 1st line center, and 1st/2nd line rw and a top pair dman.

It truly is incredible how fast people in this fan base whine about a rebuild for a decade and the second the team runs hot they want to mortgage the future.

It just isn’t time. The team is too green and young. This years playoffs are about experience and playing spoiler in the first round and maybe even the second round! Enjoy the ride

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
Since Anaheim aren't going anywhere, and Getlzlaf, Perry and Kesler aren't getting any younger. Anaheim should look at rebuilding.

I would offer them;

To Anaheim
Cale Fleury
Joni Ikonen
2nd pick

To Montreal
Hampus Lindholm

Lindholm will solidify our D and be Weber's permanent D partner.

Lindholm - Weber
Mete - Petry
Kulak - Rielly

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I’m all for restraint but geez Huberdeau is a good fit imho.

5.9 for 5 years .....we’d have ample room to sign Gardiner (who I think is severely underrated)

What’s the cost? I think Lehkonen is involved for sure, but I’m curious as to the rest

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Yes because we clearly matchup well against Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander and Rielly

Or Bergeron, Marchand, pastrnak, kreiji

Or kucherov, stamkos, point, hedman

Or Crosby, malkin, Kessel letang

Or kuznetsov, ovechkin, backstrom, Oshie carlsson

Or or or. We don’t have the team to do it in a 7 game series.

We are missing a 1st line center, and 1st/2nd line rw and a top pair dman.

It truly is incredible how fast people in this fan base whine about a rebuild for a decade and the second the team runs hot they want to mortgage the future.

It just isn’t time. The team is too green and young. This years playoffs are about experience and playing spoiler in the first round and maybe even the second round! Enjoy the ride

All that for me to tell you ! Yes. Yes they can win. And we have Price ! Get in the playoffs and you just never know. Im old enoughtouhave seen some amazing things in the playoffs. Sit back. Breathe deep. Relax and enjoy. You guys are way too uptight

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

5.9 for 5 years .....we’d have ample room to sign Gardiner (who I think is severely underrated)

What’s the cost? I think Lehkonen is involved for sure, but I’m curious as to the rest

Agree, though I suspect the asking price would start at a 1st & one ofoour better prospects.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

I would think one of Poehling/Suzuki and the 2019 1st if not an extra 2nd too

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
All that for me to tell you ! Yes. Yes they can win. And we have Price ! Get in the playoffs and you just never know. Im old enoughtouhave seen some amazing things in the playoffs. Sit back. Breathe deep. Relax and enjoy. You guys are way too uptight
I think we should enjoy too, but not mortgage the future on rentals

Reactions: Runner77

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Since Anaheim aren't going anywhere, and Getlzlaf, Perry and Kesler aren't getting any younger. Anaheim should look at rebuilding.

I would offer them;

To Anaheim
Cale Fleury
Joni Ikonen
2nd pick

To Montreal
Hampus Lindholm

Lindholm - Weber
Mete - Petry
Kulak - Rielly
I would love Hampus Lindholm on the Habs but we would have to give up astronomically more. Ikonen, Fleury and a 2nd is a horrendous offer.

Reactions: Vachon23

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would love Hampus Lindholm on the Habs but we would have to give up astronomically more. Ikonen, Fleury and a 2nd is a horrendous offer.

Is it confirmed that he's even available? He only just turned 25. Why wouldn't a rebuilding team want him?

Habfan10

May 16, 2015

Florida knows in order to get the package of Panarin and Bobrosky they might need to offer up Hubredeau. Unless your giving up KK we have nothing Florida wants.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Florida knows in order to get the package of Panarin and Bobrosky they might need to offer up Hubredeau. Unless your giving up KK we have nothing Florida wants.

Especially considering that Columbus isn’t rebuilding and would likely not want a return centered around futures.

If anything, Huberdeau+ for Panarin and Bobrovsky with extensions could make sense.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

I would offer them;

To Anaheim
Cale Fleury
Joni Ikonen
2nd pick

To Montreal
Hampus Lindholm

Lindholm - Weber
Mete - Petry
Kulak - Rielly
If only it was that easy. Anaheim will shut that down pretty quick.

Doxinoctae

Dec 16, 2018
What about Joel Edmundson or Brayden McNabb ?? What would it take for the habs to get them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad