Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Or if we want be more agressive,
Zadorov+2nd+Wilson(better than Weise and Thompson)
For
Drouin and cap dump like Alzner.

Why Zadorov, though? Why is Colorado so inclined to move him? What is it we don't know?

Looking into this further, I noticed a post by TGS in the GDT, that hits it on the nail:

Avs need LHD and Zadorov is available. That is pretty telling.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Why Zadorov, though? Why is Colorado so inclined to move him? What is it we don't know?

Looking into this further, I noticed a post by TGS in the GDT, that hits it on the nail:
I think Sakic dont want pay what Zadorov asking. 90% AVS fan don't want trade Zadorov but it's may be our better trade value for increase our 2nd line. Graves is a good surprise as #5-6 and Makar is RHD but prefer play LHD.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think Sakic dont want pay what Zadorov asking. 90% AVS fan don't want trade Zadorov but it's may be our better trade value for increase our 2nd line. Graves is a good surprise as #5-6 and Makar is RHD but prefer play LHD.

If it's only money, that won't be a problem for the Habs. The other X-Factor is Sakic, he drives a hard bargain -- our guy may be mismatched.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If it's only money, that won't be a problem for the Habs. The other X-Factor is Sakic, he drives a hard bargain -- our guy may be mismatched.

No, our guy is as tough as Sakic.

When Joe's enigmatic Center/LW told his Daddy in the back seat of a car that he didn't respect the coaches, Sakic waited four months and would not trade his 41 point player until he got a very high first pick, a second round pick. a third round pick, two top prospects and another prospect, plus a backup goalie.

When our own enigmatic Center/LW's Dad told the Habs coaches for the 14th time that they weren't using his kid right, Bergevin took a page right of Sakic's playbook. He waited four hours and insisted that Joe could not have the 51 point player unless he gave up a 9-goal scoring winger - take it or leave it.
:naughty::naughty:

Last edited:
Reactions: Destopcorner

UVMCats

Feb 16, 2019
I think Montreal should just tank until the end of the season at this point so they dont get stuck with no playoffs and a terrible draft rank. It’s quite evident they need too much help to compete. Just stay the plan and trade no one and no picks.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I think Montreal should just tank until the end of the season at this point so they dont get stuck with no playoffs and a terrible draft rank. It’s quite evident they need too much help to compete. Just stay the plan and trade no one and no picks.
Stay the plan and trade no picks is not the same as tanking. Also, the West is horrible. Even if they finish out of the playoffs, Habs will probably be drafting 13th to 15th unless they win one of the three lottery spots.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I still think our Cap space is our best asset and if we can use it to get a real good asset back through either a direct trade or as a broker between 2 other teams.

Otherwise just sit on the cash , watch the big spending action and when it settles if we can add some good UFA on the cheap because everybody else spent their money. If not , whatever, we got a bunch of young guys coming next year.

Reactions: Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
To Montreal
- Jonathan Huberdeau
- James Reimer

To Florida
- Jonathan Drouin
- Charlie Lindgren

Apparently Huberdeau wants out of Florida.
Florida also wants to get rid of some cap space with Reimer
Florida apparently had some interest in Lindgren.

Fair or not?

Reactions: Jabba11

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
To Montreal
- Jonathan Huberdeau
- James Reimer

To Florida
- Jonathan Drouin
- Charlie Lindgren

Fair or not?

Florida gives up the better two players. Sounds fair.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

WG

Sep 9, 2008
To Montreal
- Jonathan Huberdeau
- James Reimer

To Florida
- Jonathan Drouin
- Charlie Lindgren

Fair or not?
Reimer is 3.4M AAV for two more years after this one. Is the gap between Huberdeau and Drouin that great that we'd take on the two year older player and eat that salary for a backup G to Price? Seems steep.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Florida gives up the better two players. Sounds fair.

Apparently both Florida and Montreal think highly of Lindgren and Reimer could be had for a conditional 7th round pick, he's a cap dump. He's got negative value.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
everyone's entitled to their opinion. Your opinion, which I disagree with, is exactly what I'm hoping most GM's think.

Just like this summer when I emphatically wanted to get Skinner for way below his value- and other GM's let that happen without topping the Buffalo offer, because too many concussions, too small, he's not a center, blah blah blah, etc.., etc...

Skinner isn't even remotely equal to Johansson. Skinner has had seven 20+ goal seasons plus a few 30. Johansson has had 2 while playing for a high flying Washington team.

We needed goal scoring with the trades of Chucky and Patches, and a lot of people wanted Skinner.

Johansson is a good add if you're Winnipeg and want some depth on the 3rd line or even Colorado who needs pretty much an entire 2nd line if they want to make the playoffs.

Just don't see the point for us. I don't think he makes that much of an impact.

We could use a top 6 forward tho. We have 3 decent lines when everyone is healthy.

1. Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
3. Byron - Kotkaniemi - Shaw
4. Lehkonen - Thompson - Armia

That leaves line #2 Domi & Tatar without a dance partner. Preferably we would get another RHS, so that Armia isn't playing the PP.

I mean if Buffalo decides to sell and aren't going to resign Skinner, I'd prefer Skinner to Johansson.

I'd also look at Silfverberg with Anaheim. He's a more talented Armia and would be perfect alongside Tatar and Domi. Fantastic forechecker, good size and skilled enough to play top 6.

Johansson is a good player, but he's not right for us. Habs want to improve they need to be specific in what they're adding.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
I think Montreal should just tank until the end of the season

Of our next 20 games, only THREE are against actual cup contenders. I am not sitting here saying we're going to walk away with 17 wins, but when in those twenty games we have the Jackets twice, the Penguins and the Canes --- if we can win those four games, and even keep a .500 pace in the other 16, we make the playoffs nearly guaranteed.

Our last four games are rough ones (Winnipeg, Tampa, Washington, Toronto) but the other nineteen are pretty low impact teams.

To Montreal
- Jonathan Huberdeau
- James Reimer

To Florida
- Jonathan Drouin
- Charlie Lindgren

Makes no sense for them to move Huberdeau to bring in more cap. It's not that he wants out, its that they want to clear space for Panarin and Bob.

Huberdeau to Montreal makes a fair bit of sense only because Drouin can play the right wing relatively well. The price however is likely to be our 1st + a prospect (Poehling/Suzuki/Romanov). Is it worth it? Absolutely! Will our GM bite? Absolutely not!

Also on the note of Drouin; people need to relax. The kid has talent and needs to find consistency. You're also crazy if you honestly believe that Bergevin is going to move a French-Canadian "superstar" (I use that term loosely) after moving a future T4 LD for him. The thing with him is that while he is incredibly talented, he is poor at driving plays himself; he needs to be on a line with a dynamic center who can carry the puck and make plays.... Duchene?

My vote is we somehow either trade Alzner or send him to Robidas island, and we give good 5 year deals to Gardiner and Duchene.

If we're going to trade for >ANYONE< my votes are Puljujarvi, Fowler and Huberdeau. I would be entirely fine with moving on from Shaw and Byron's deal to make room for two other players. I am also entirely fine with moving Poehling, our 1st this year, and one of our 2nds.

Huberdeau for our 1st and Poehling/Romanov

Fowler for Byron, Hudon and both of our 2nds

Gardiner at 7x5

Duchene at 9x5

Huberdeau/Duchene/Drouin
Tatar/Domi/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Kotkaniemi/Armia (would like Pulju here, Armia to drop to 4th line and Weise slides to LW)
Deslauriers/Danault/Weise

Gardiner/Weber
Fowler/Petry
Mete/Juulsen

^ that team can win a cup, folks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Some interesting points raised by Duck fans about Silfverberg:

I like Sivferberg but he is a UFA so not sure the price will be right.

Pretty sure i read he was looking for 4.5 for 3-5 year contract... don't recall where I read that but that seems like a pretty fair deal for a player like him

People get so ridiculous on the trade boards lol.... 13 goals on the ducks might as well be 20+ on an average team. Hes played well but doesn't have much support around him. I do think hes a great add for boston, and I think the trade was pretty fair/close. He is a playoff monster + he can play on left or right wing, he can be used on a shutdown line or top 6 roll.

Silf is the 1 player on Anaheim I can say a team wont be disappointed in getting, even when hes not scoring hes doing a lot of the small things that help win games... board battles/forecheck penalty kill etc hes all over it.

I know we've used the same argument here for Pacioretty, as he never had a bona fide first line center to work with and produced nonetheless.

If Silfverberg can be extended at 4.5M, seems reasonable, esp. that it would be a 3-5 year term, if the above is correct.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
If Silfverberg can be extended at 4.5M, seems reasonable, esp. that it would be a 3-5 year term, if the above is correct.

I'd be more than happy to do that if we tape him to the 3rd line with Kotkaniemi. I wouldn't want him for our top 6.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Apparently, Ducks management is not looking for draft picks right now. We know the Habs have been rumored to have significant interest in the Ducks. If the info below is accurate, it would seem that Ducks GM is taking a page from MB:

Murray on the radio last night said he was only interested in hockey trades for active players. And that they were doing a retool not a rebuild. Might want to reset your expectations.

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that the Samuelis have told him no rebuild. He was emphatic it was a retool.

Based on the above, what could be structured using Drouin plus, to land one of their LHDs and perhaps Silfverberg?

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
If we're going to trade for >ANYONE< my votes are Puljujarvi, Fowler and Huberdeau. I would be entirely fine with moving on from Shaw and Byron's deal to make room for two other players. I am also entirely fine with moving Poehling, our 1st this year, and one of our 2nds.

Huberdeau for our 1st and Poehling/Romanov

Fowler for Byron, Hudon and both of our 2nds

Gardiner at 7x5

Duchene at 9x5

Huberdeau/Duchene/Drouin
Tatar/Domi/Gallagher
Lehkonen/Kotkaniemi/Armia (would like Pulju here, Armia to drop to 4th line and Weise slides to LW)
Deslauriers/Danault/Weise

Gardiner/Weber
Fowler/Petry
Mete/Juulsen

^ that team can win a cup, folks.[/QUOTE]

For sure can win,but you have to consider that still a cap exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad