Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Yea Minny already said to the Media that they are ready to rebuild and start from Scratch. There’s a lot of good players in their team starting with some good LHD and top 6Player that MB should be looking at pretty hard.

Suter, would help our defense in a MAJOR way. Imagine all the pressure Mete has right now playing agaisnt top lines every night in and out making sure he’s not outplayed in his zone. Then you place Suter with Weber and throw back Mete with Petry and geez suddently you have a lot less pressure. Petry and Mete are both fast and good enough to carry the puck out of the zone and put pressure as the 4th man. Suter and Weber would be soooo good. Soooooooooo good.

SOOOO GOOD.

Our other weakness? Right wing.

Mikael !

That’s right, Granlund. Would fit like a glove with Montreal.

That would cost most of our futur to acquire these 2 tho...

Tatar - Domi - Granlund
Drouin - Danault - Gallagher
Shaw - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Lehkonen - Thompson - Byron

Suter - Weber
Mete - Petry
Rielly/Kulak - Benn

Even if you add Granlund and Suter Tampa is still better than us tho ...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
darn it. I've been wanting him for a couple months now and cheap at the deadline because every other team in the league, like most posters on here, look at his numbers the last two injury plagued years, and think he "sucks." Hope the rest of the league hasn't noticed...

I’ve wantwd him since he was in Washington. So I hear you. He’s like a better, more experienced Lehkonen.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Yea Minny already said to the Media that they are ready to rebuild and start from Scratch. There’s a lot of good players in their team starting with some good LHD and top 6Player that MB should be looking at pretty hard.

Suter, would help our defense in a MAJOR way. Imagine all the pressure Mete has right now playing agaisnt top lines every night in and out making sure he’s not outplayed in his zone. Then you place Suter with Weber and throw back Mete with Petry and geez suddently you have a lot less pressure. Petry and Mete are both fast and good enough to carry the puck out of the zone and put pressure as the 4th man. Suter and Weber would be soooo good. Soooooooooo good.

SOOOO GOOD.

Mikael !

Tatar - Domi - Granlund

Suter - Weber
Mete - Petry
Rielly/Kulak - Benn

Not to over state this BUT Suter back with Weber AND a top end sniper like Panarin added to this team, makes us a Stanley Cup contender.

Not Tampa who's an anomaly right now, but right there with every team in the NHL IMO. Now, back to reality. It will never happen.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

SOOOO GOOD.

Mikael !

Tatar - Domi - Granlund

Suter - Weber
Mete - Petry
Rielly/Kulak - Benn

Thats triggering me to see Armia on a 3rd line over Byron

mother of hell

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’ve wantwd him since he was in Washington. So I hear you. He’s like a better, more experienced Lehkonen.

Would have loved to add him, zuc and Brassard for peanuts. Johansson and Zuc have broken out, so their value will likely at least be a 2nd, which I don't think we should be giving up. Brassard's value is down in the dumps and those just looking at his numbers want no part of him. But I have a feeling he'll probably fetch a 2nd. I'd love to snag him for a 3rd. He'd be a good 4th line center who could step into the top 9 on the wing when guys aren't producing.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Would have loved to add him, zuc and Brassard for peanuts. Johansson and Zuc have broken out, so their value will likely at least be a 2nd, which I don't think we should be giving up. Brassard's value is down in the dumps and those just looking at his numbers want no part of him. But I have a feeling he'll probably fetch a 2nd. I'd love to snag him for a 3rd. He'd be a good 4th line center who could step into the top 9 on the wing when guys aren't producing.

I think we should maintain this group unless There is a LHD availaible between 22-26 year olds. No need to force anything right now.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think we should maintain this group unless There is a LHD availaible between 22-26 year olds. No need to force anything right now.

Most see it that way. I think because of our hot start offensively, which was a result of us some players, like Domi, putting up numbers above what they'll regularly put up. But I think now we're more seeing what we'll be seeing. With Weber healthy and Price in form, we have the 3rd best goals against average since Jan. 1 in the NHL. And, the offense is painful to watch. I'd keep the current top 7 and great d prospects on the way and get some more skill anywhere we can get it, up and down, the forwards corps - without giving up the farm.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Most see it that way. I think because of our hot start offensively, which was a result of us some players, like Domi, putting up numbers above what they'll regularly put up. But I think now we're more seeing what we'll be seeing. With Weber healthy and Price in form, we have the 3rd best goals against average since Jan. 1 in the NHL. And, the offense is painful to watch. I'd keep the current top 7 and great d prospects on the way and get some more skill anywhere we can get it, up and down, the forwards corps - without giving up the farm.

The offense is pretty close from what we had last season with Pacio/galchy.
Also many people only saw in Tatar was a cap dump for that trade , which hes not

I agree with you Domi start of the season changed a bit the plans but right now we are struggling again to score goals. Nothing against this group but in a good world Domi would be playing wings and Danault on a third line , to have a chance to run at the cup.

(For the people who wants to whine about Danault is a second center , hes playing average 18min a game this season which puts him #1 as a forward for the habs. Thats pretty normal to have more points. Hes still really good but in a good world hes not in any top6)

Last edited:
Reactions: 26Mats

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I wouldnt mind Eric Staal for a cheap price

Granlund would cost a lot and im sure Min considers him a future piece

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Whut Eric Staal has a limited ntc (10 teams no-trade list) and a cap hit of 3.5 mil that finishes this year.

It was reported he only had contenders on his no-trade list.

If minny is serious in moving him, I think hes a guy who could be acquired for a cheap price
Not talking about the same guy...

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
#Habs radio play-by-play Martin McGuire, who works with my colleague/analyst Dany Dubé, just reported that there is a tense relation, let alone conflict, between #FlaPanthers⁠ ⁠⁠ ⁠ F Jonathan Huberdeau and coach Bob Boughner. It dates back to October.

2/2 reportedly, only guarantee Huberdeau has gotten from team (re: rumours) is this "to get something, you have to give up something". Let the eight-day speculation begin...

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
#Habs radio play-by-play Martin McGuire, who works with my colleague/analyst Dany Dubé, just reported that there is a tense relation, let alone conflict, between #FlaPanthers⁠ ⁠⁠ ⁠ F Jonathan Huberdeau and coach Bob Boughner. It dates back to October.

2/2 reportedly, only guarantee Huberdeau has gotten from team (re: rumours) is this "to get something, you have to give up something". Let the eight-day speculation begin...
Habs don’t have anything they would want

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
(For the people who wants to whine about Danault is a second center , hes playing average 18min a game this season which puts him #1 as a forward for the habs. Thats pretty normal to have more points. Hes still really good but in a good world hes not in any top6)

Do your friggin research. Danault is 56th among Cs for ice time per game. That's low second line. But then take into account that he is 5th among centers for PK time. And almost zero PP time.

No, his point total is not due to inflated chances/minutes. In fact, it' the OPPOSITE of what you're asserting!

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Do your friggin research. Danault is 56th among Cs for ice time per game. That's low second line. But then take into account that he is 5th among centers for PK time. And almost zero PP time.

No, his point total is not due to inflated chances/minutes. In fact, it' the OPPOSITE of what you're asserting!

Hum, he was right, Danault is the forward that plays the most min on average on the team, ok practically 0 PP time (because he sucks on PP) but bests everyone on PK.

AND, he's still the forward with the most 5v5 play time.

On our team, that's 1st line.

Do your research next time before calling someone else out.

2018-19 Montreal Canadiens Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Hum, he was right, Danault is the forward that plays the most min on average on the team, ok practically 0 PP time (because he sucks on PP) but bests everyone on PK.

AND, he's still the forward with the most 5v5 play time.

On our team, that's 1st line.

Do your research next time before calling someone else out.

2018-19 Montreal Canadiens Roster and Statistics | Hockey-Reference.com

Just saw that you said Danault doesn't really play pp and he sucks at, but our pp sucks in general, so why not put him on it ?

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Just saw that you said Danault doesn't really play pp and he sucks at, but our pp sucks in general, so why not put him on it ?

Hum, yeah, you may have a point there.

Maybe they should put all the players that don't play on PP and try something, could work.

Danault, Lehkonen, Weise, Mete and Kulak, who knows... :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Hum, yeah, you may have a point there.

Maybe they should put all the players that don't play on PP and try something, could work.

Danault, Lehkonen, Weise, Mete and Kulak, who knows... :laugh:

Why not ? They're not scoring anyways.

At least it would show that they're trying something different

Reactions: L4br3cqu3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad