Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Boyle got a 2nd and considering what they got for Tartar last season there is no way they settle for a 2nd and a b prospect. They will wait until the big fish get traded and then wait for the teams who lost out to line up.......

Fair enough... Tatar had term though, no? Nyquist is a rental. I can see HF saying (any team that pays a 1st for him) lost the trade.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I would stay away from Lucic. Worse contract than Alzner, bigger cap hit. Keep Alzner in the AHL or buy him out.

The Oil are asking a lot for Pulju. No need. MB should focus on getting a top 4 D by somehow giving away a pick, Byron or Lek with Hudon. Byron is expendable and Hudon won't crack the lineup here. I rather keep Lek but I presume he's got more value than Byron.

Reactions: montreal

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
It is looking like it might be a buyers market, both at the TDL and in the UFA market. Now for the top guys that might not be the case, but it probably makes sense to sit tight unless an absolute steal comes our way.

Reactions: Runner77

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It is looking like it might be a buyers market, both at the TDL and in the UFA market. Now for the top guys that might not be the case, but it probably makes sense to sit tight unless an absolute steal comes our way.

It definitely looks that way, and I agree I’d rather ya be patient and see what happens.

I’m open to picking up a Top-4 LD for the right price, especially given there isn’t really any hitting UFA this summer other than Gardiner whom I’m not a huge fan of, especially at the rumoured price tag of about 7M.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Kinda hurts me to see people wanting to trade Paul Byron.

Speed kills. This team needs him especially on the PK. He's so underrated. Just wait for him to get healthy.

I’d only trade him in a package for a Top-4 LD. This team is doing fine up front with out him, and while we’d stand to benefit greatly by moving Mete down a pair

Apr 28, 2010
I’d only trade him in a package for a Top-4 LD. This team is doing fine up front with out him, and while we’d stand to benefit greatly by moving Mete down a pair

Habs are more dangerous with him in the lineup, that's all I know. I'm also comfortable with him out there killing penalties.

If you have a list of top 4 LD we could get for him, then maybe I could change my mind.

Jul 6, 2016
Habs are more dangerous with him in the lineup, that's all I know. I'm also comfortable with him out there killing penalties.

If you have a list of top 4 LD we could get for him, then maybe I could change my mind.

Habs record with Byron in the line up is way, way better. I think Habs are playing .500 only without him.

Reactions: No More Subban

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Boyle got a 2nd and considering what they got for Tartar last season there is no way they settle for a 2nd and a b prospect. They will wait until the big fish get traded and then wait for the teams who lost out to line up.......

Nyquist might get a 1st but it's not sure. There's not much any 1st to go.
There's 16 teams in the PO. 3 of the biggest buyers already traded their 1st.
I'd say at least 4-5 teams if not more are not interested in big market rentals (including the Habs)
And then take out a couple of 1st for guys like Panarin, Stone, Duchene. Not much left.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Kinda hurts me to see people wanting to trade Paul Byron.

Speed kills. This team needs him especially on the PK. He's so underrated. Just wait for him to get healthy.

I agree there. We have him signed to a long term deal that is not outrageous. Speed is the name of the game and Byron is generally durable. I think it would be a mistake to trade him now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wouldn't unless Timmins pushed for it.

What is irksome about a Lehkonen vs. Pulju swap is how the latter is supposed to have the higher ceiling but there have been so many red flags that Lehkonen's two-way game, greater reliability becomes more attractive. There is also the fact that he had a good first year in the league in terms of offence. He's sputtering offensively now but we at least have seen him do it at the NHL level and without the type of star linemates that Pulju played with.

I'd say advantage Lehkonen but really, I don't have a good read about Pulju to know if he's topping out as a third line winger, as some Edmonton pundits are suggesting.

Reactions: Holystik and yianik

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Tatar is the guy that I would consider moving in the off season for Puljujarvi. Edmonton needs goals now and Lehk just isn't consistent enough for their needs. They would like his age, but that wouldn't be enough. Tatar meanwhile is cost effective at 4.5, proven top 6, and could play with any of their big 3 centers.

It's a hard spot though. He looks to be waiver eligible next year. A 1 or 2 year loan to Europe/KHL could actually be best for his development at this point.

Tatar for Pulju? hell no

He's a 25-25 player and right now Pulju doesn't even look like he'll beak 20 points

Reactions: vokiel and Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What is irksome about a Lehkonen vs. Pulju swap is how the latter is supposed to have the higher ceiling but there have been so many red flags that Lehkonen's two-way game, greater reliability becomes more attractive. There is also the fact that he had a good first year in the league in terms of offence. He's sputtering offensively now but we at least have seen him do it at the NHL level and without the type of star linemates that Pulju played with.

I'd say advantage Lehkonen but really, I don't have a good read about Pulju to know if he's topping out as a third line winger, as some Edmonton pundits are suggesting.

I don't watch the oilers so I can't really say other then I don't trust their drafting and his numbers certainly aren't impressive. If they were willing to trade a former 4th OA it would be a reg flag as well. That said for me it's all about Timmins, since he and his staff would have scouted him in '16 and before. If Timmins thought it was worth the risk then go for it but I think Lekonen will improve his offense enough to be a consistent 30-40 pt 3rd liner so I'd hate to lose that on a player that ends up a bust but of course if Puljujarvi breaks out then it would be great for us. If he can play LW cause I think Armia will be tied to Kotka's hip for the time being and I think Leks is better at RW.

Actually my best plan would be to throw a ton of money at whoever is the Panthers Finnish scout and then get his take on it. j/k as I know you can't hire a scout away during the season or until his contract is up.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I don't watch the oilers so I can't really say other then I don't trust their drafting and his numbers certainly aren't impressive. If they were willing to trade a former 4th OA it would be a reg flag as well. That said for me it's all about Timmins, since he and his staff would have scouted him in '16 and before. If Timmins thought it was worth the risk then go for it but I think Lekonen will improve his offense enough to be a consistent 30-40 pt 3rd liner so I'd hate to lose that on a player that ends up a bust but of course if Puljujarvi breaks out then it would be great for us. If he can play LW cause I think Armia will be tied to Kotka's hip for the time being and I think Leks is better at RW.

Actually my best plan would be to throw a ton of money at whoever is the Panthers Finnish scout and then get his take on it. j/k as I know you can't hire a scout away during the season or until his contract is up.

I don't think this should be a knock on Edmonton's drafting ability, their top picks aren't reaches...it's their developing ability that needs criticism.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010

I'd say it's a toss up.I would do that deal 1 for 1 Lek for Pulju .At least Pulju has the potential to be a top 6 .Lek has shown he has no offensive upside,no scoring touch.He would be a 4th liner on a lot of teams.Good skater,good defensively but thats it.y

Tiger Svoboda

Jul 28, 2004
We have no use for Pulju. Suzuki is coming for that spot. Poeling will be added to the team. That’s enough. We need a 1st liner, top 4 LD and nothing else.

Reactions: Kwikwi

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

You’d almost be hoping for a Dylan Strome resurgence in his game if you were to trade for him.....it’s a gamble, but a gamble I’d be ready to roll the dice on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad