Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
We need one of Stone/Duchene/Panarin. Star power is required to win in the playoffs and we don't have any offensive stars right now. We have the cap space. Bergevin needs to be super aggressive in free agency. More aggressive than he's ever been. If we can get one of those guys and then add Suzuki and Poehling into the mix, our offense would look pretty good.
Why not the second leading goal scorer in the league?

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Second leading goalscorer is Skinner

Good idea, his contracts expires, he's only 26; and his injury history probably lowers his value, even better! But Bergevin, if he's on the phone all the time per tsn, would have traded for him when he were with the Canes, if he was found of his play. I wonder what kind of return the Sabres are looking for. Maybe Bergy can try to sell Alzner too in the deal? The Habs lack talent, and Skinner has a laser shot and great ice vision. Maybe I'm wrong but his game reminds me of a better version of Tatar. And you have to chance to sign him 8 years, and hope those concussions are behind (maybe they are, the new nhl is different, the league is actively trying to prevent them instead of encouraging old school goonery as an identity like before).

Reactions: BaseballCoach

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Puljujarvi's agent has all but requested a trade out of Edmonton. He said it would be better to go separate paths. This probably hurt his value. We should be able to pick up Pulju for a 2nd and a project. There's a chance he flourishes in MTL in a locker room filled with Finns. Would you do it?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Puljujarvi's agent has all but requested a trade out of Edmonton. He said it would be better to go separate paths. This probably hurt his value. We should be able to pick up Pulju for a 2nd and a project. There's a chance he flourishes in MTL in a locker room filled with Finns. Would you do it?

Ya no, nobody is gonna get Puljujarvi for a 2nd round pick.

Realistically, it would cost us something like Lehkonen. Edmonton isnt going to trade him for picks/prospects.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal

Realistically, it would cost us something like Lehkonen. Edmonton isnt going to trade him for picks/prospects.
Lehkonen has more value than Pulju in my opinion. Pulju has done nothing in the NHL. Lehkonen has proven to be a valuable, young top-9 winger who drives the net and can be a trigger man. Obviously he's not scoring this year so the frustration might be setting in for MB/CJ. Lehks for Pulju would be interesting though.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
People are really underestimating how a change of scenery can help a player. Look at Strome and Domi from Arizona. I thought Strome was a big fat bust(he could still be) but he looks like a star in Chicago. If Puljujarvi is cheap, then I would make the trade.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Lehkonen has more value than Pulju in my opinion. Pulju has done nothing in the NHL. Lehkonen has proven to be a valuable, young top-9 winger who drives the net and can be a trigger man. Obviously he's not scoring this year so the frustration might be setting in for MB/CJ. Lehks for Pulju would be interesting though.

I would do Lehkonen for Puljujarvi.
Lehkonen is at worst a 3rd liner and at best a 2nd liner.
Puljujarvi at worst is a non-nhler and at best could be a star in the league. I would take the risk.

Not sure if bergevin would though since Lehkonen has character, is hard working and is good defensively.

Also Pulju will require waivers next year, so you have to be confident he can be an nhler next year.

Not happening, but something around Hudon+ for pulju would be great for us

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Remains to be seen but Suzuki today is a better prospect than McDonagh was at the time of the trade

And Simmonds is not that good and he’s not signed beyond this season.

I'm not that interested in Simmons but back then I loved Mcdonaugh and was pissed that we traded him. I wouldn't be that pissed if we lost Suzuki for the right guy. Mainly because I don't like his size and Top Defensemen are so damn rare. Another D that I felt in a similar way after seeing them at Junior age was Jack Johnson(bear in mind both never became what I thought they would). I think Poeling is the guy I would never trade.

Reactions: le_sean

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think the Oilers might do Pulju for Lehkonen.

I’m not all that high on Lehkonen, but I’m even lower on JP ever making it. Lehkonen’s at least an alright roster player who plays a role in the NHL. No thanks from the Habs. Reality is, JP has hit the point he’ll return a similar player whose a project. It’s been 3 years since his draft. He can’t live on where he was selected forever.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Edmonton still badly needs to shed salary to try to rebuild this summer. They’d absolutely trade for picks and prospects if it means getting rid of overpriced players. That’s where we have a huge advantage.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Edmonton still badly needs to shed salary to try to rebuild this summer. They’d absolutely trade for picks and prospects if it means getting rid of overpriced players. That’s where we have a huge advantage.
Except we don't want their overpriced players right? right? :laugh:

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
Edmonton isnt going to give up on Puljujarvi that easily...and if a team wants him i dont think its going to be cheap.

Reactions: Vachon23

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
We didn’t want Mason either.
Well if that's the kind of overpriced we'd be looking at, I think we should wait until after July 1st.

Edmonton isnt going to give up on Puljujarvi that easily...and if a team wants him i dont think its going to be cheap.
Which is exactly why he's not moving addresses right now. Why the hell would anyone pay a high price before the TDL for a player they don't even know if he can produce in the NHL? The change of scenery stuff is an off-season strategy, not a playoff push one.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Tatar is the guy that I would consider moving in the off season for Puljujarvi. Edmonton needs goals now and Lehk just isn't consistent enough for their needs. They would like his age, but that wouldn't be enough. Tatar meanwhile is cost effective at 4.5, proven top 6, and could play with any of their big 3 centers.

It's a hard spot though. He looks to be waiver eligible next year. A 1 or 2 year loan to Europe/KHL could actually be best for his development at this point.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Well if that's the kind of overpriced we'd be looking at, I think we should wait until after July 1st.

Which is exactly why he's not moving addresses right now. Why the hell would anyone pay a high price before the TDL for a player they don't even know if he can produce in the NHL? The change of scenery stuff is an off-season strategy, not a playoff push one.

Unless a team wants to open up space to trade for a player before the TDL.

Point is we have a tool in cap space that we should use. Doesn’t matter when we use it. When the opportunity presents itself you do it. Not sure why you’d want to wait for the offseason if there’s someone we can get now that serves the same purpose.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Unless a team wants to open up space to trade for a player before the TDL.

Point is we have a tool in cap space that we should use. Doesn’t matter when we use it. When the opportunity presents itself you do it. Not sure why you’d want to wait for the offseason if there’s someone we can get now that serves the same purpose.
We did buy out Mason right? We can't buyout anyone now. I'm not following how you're using the space before the TDL with Edmonton. There isn't anyone on the Oilers I'd ever want to have on this roster except the players that aren't available.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
We did buy out Mason right? We can't buyout anyone now. I'm not following how you're using the space before the TDL with Edmonton. There isn't anyone on the Oilers I'd ever want to have on this roster except the players that aren't available.

We don’t need to buy anyone out during the season. There’s more than ample cap room and we can carry more players on the roster after the TDL. We can simply wait to buy them out in the offseason tonworry about the cap before the beginning of next season.

So if a deal presents itself before the TDL, then we can absolutely make it and itwould have the same impact as if we made it in the off season.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Bergevin could get very creative at the deadline. He could take on a bad contract and get some picks and prospects back. With those picks and prospects, he could then trade for someone like a Zuccarello/Nyquist at the deadline. He could basically get them for free by using his cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad