Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
With so many big names potentially on the market and limited teams willing to give up high end prospects and first round picks, I feel like there is a decent player to be had for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Waiting until closer to the deadline will also likely bring values down with teams like Ottawa and NYR desperate to get whatever they can for departing UFA’s. Guys like Hayes, Zucc, Dzingel might be had for decent value. Unfortunately our biggest need of LD has the least available options.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Bergevin could get very creative at the deadline. He could take on a bad contract and get some picks and prospects back. With those picks and prospects, he could then trade for someone like a Zuccarello/Nyquist at the deadline. He could basically get them for free by using his cap space.

Tatar - Domi - Nyquist would be a solid 2nd line. They had good chemistry in DET.

What would be the price on Gustave de location, something like a 2nd + B prospect?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
With so many big names potentially on the market and limited teams willing to give up high end prospects and first round picks, I feel like there is a decent player to be had for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Waiting until closer to the deadline will also likely bring values down with teams like Ottawa and NYR desperate to get whatever they can for departing UFA’s. Guys like Hayes, Zucc, Dzingel might be had for decent value. Unfortunately our biggest need of LD has the least available options.

Like with Vanek in 2014

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I’m not all that high on Lehkonen, but I’m even lower on JP ever making it. Lehkonen’s at least an alright roster player who plays a role in the NHL. No thanks from the Habs. Reality is, JP has hit the point he’ll return a similar player whose a project. It’s been 3 years since his draft. He can’t live on where he was selected forever.

at this rate when Byron comebacks Lekhonen is about to hit the 4th line.

Knowning Edmonton , Puul with swap team and somehow be way better

Tiger Svoboda

Jul 28, 2004
Bad contracts are traded for pics in the summer. At this time, it’s bad one for bad one.
I’m not interested in a multi year badcontract. Maybe if Alzner is involved. We need optionnal cap space this summer for Stone and/or Karlsson.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I know that. Even then.
Maybe Bergevin can find an effective 4th liner on a bad contract for Alzner. But i don’t think it happens before june.

I mean if we had a really good team , we would have Shaw and limit Byron on a 4th line. But if we manage to find somehow a player with 5m salary with 1 year left for Alzner and manage to trade him

go for it

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
What about Lehkonen + for Athanasiou?

Or lehkonen for Pulju straight up and we get rid of Shaw this summer?

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

The Wings aren't getting rid or Double A.

Puljujarvi is a nothing player at this point, not sure why we'd give up a legitimate young nhl player.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
The Wings aren't getting rid or Double A.

Puljujarvi is a nothing player at this point, not sure why we'd give up a legitimate young nhl player.

Yep i agree. The value of AA is very high

What about Niku from jets?

Tiger Svoboda

Jul 28, 2004

Shaw is better than Pulju ‍♂️
We don’t get rid of him. In an ideal world he is on the 4th with Byron. Both play up the line up when injuries happen. Until we need cap space.

Next year a 4th line of
Byron-Poeling-Shaw
Would be amazing

Reactions: No More Subban

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Byron+Alzner for Poolparty+Lucic

Picks to even it out.
Byron keeps up with McD or play anywhere in the lineup. Alzner probably able to play for them. Poolparty develops with Ducharme, lucic reunited with Julien and we take on his terrible contract. Why not

Reactions: Fazkovsky

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Shaw is better than Pulju ‍♂️
We don’t get rid of him. In an ideal world he is on the 4th with Byron. Both play up the line up when injuries happen. Until we need cap space.

Next year a 4th line of
Byron-Poeling-Shaw
Would be amazing

That's the type of line that is successful in today's game imo. Not Deslauriers-Thompson-Weise.
I'd like to see us go into the playoffs this year with Marcus Johansson-Derrick Brassard-Paul Byron

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013

Picks to even it out.
Byron keeps up with McD or play anywhere in the lineup. Alzner probably able to play for them. Poolparty develops with Ducharme, lucic reunited with Julien and we take on his terrible contract. Why not

Dont try to fix whats not broken

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Picks to even it out.

Would need at least a 2nd, if not a first, from EDM to make sense... Lucy's NMC makes his contract exponentially worse than Alzner's & Byron has more value than Puljujarvi at this point, imo.

Reactions: Guilliam

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
There are lots of good UFAs in 2019, many aged 27.

Might be a time just to sit on cash and see if any bargains/ steals pop towards the end, after other teams have spent their wad. So maybe we dont net the big 7 year $70M fish, but maybe we add a 20 goal, 27 year old at a half decent AAV for 5 years.

Lucic has 4 more years at $6M after this one. What about Oil retain $2M a year and add in Pulju, their 1st in 2019/2020 ( their choice ), and their 2nd in 2019, for Hudon.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
There are lots of good UFAs in 2019, many aged 27.

Might be a time just to sit on cash and see if any bargains/ steals pop towards the end, after other teams have spent their wad. So maybe we dont net the big 7 year $70M fish, but maybe we add a 20 goal, 27 year old at a half decent AAV for 5 years.

Lucic has 4 more years at $6M after this one. What about Oil retain $2M a year and add in Pulju, their 1st in 2019/2020 ( their choice ), and their 2nd in 2019, for Hudon.
It certainly seems wiser to me as well to wait before helping another team for a mere gamble.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Tatar - Domi - Nyquist would be a solid 2nd line. They had good chemistry in DET.

What would be the price on Gustave de location, something like a 2nd + B prospect?

Boyle got a 2nd and considering what they got for Tartar last season there is no way they settle for a 2nd and a b prospect. They will wait until the big fish get traded and then wait for the teams who lost out to line up.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad