Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part X)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I think Reilly's been good the last little while. But two things Engels has said MB is looking at is upgrading the 2LD position and looking for another scoring winger, one who may help on the PP.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How inclined is MB to move Tatar? For all we know, he might like the guy so much that he'll keep him around.

I honestly think they like what Tatar is offering right now. So I'd be surprised if they move him. Maybe next season or the year after when he's on his final year of his contract and would be a rental.

Tatar's brought a lot of enthusiasm to the Habs this year. You can see he's enjoying every second of it.

Reactions: Runner77

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I honestly think they like what Tatar is offering right now. So I'd be surprised if they move him. Maybe next season or the year after when he's on his final year of his contract and would be a rental.

Tatar's brought a lot of enthusiasm to the Habs this year. You can see he's enjoying every second of it.

Really don't see MON moving Tatar either. Not this year. He,s enjoying MON and is appreciated by team mates.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Really don't see MON moving Tatar either. Not this year. He,s enjoying MON and is appreciated by team mates.

Exactly. Especially since Habs are in a playoff spot and will need Tatar's scoring ability to keep that spot. The fact he has another two years means Habs do not have to rush anything in his case.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

I think Reilly's been good the last little while. But two things Engels has said MB is looking at is upgrading the 2LD position and looking for another scoring winger, one who may help on the PP.

We’ve talked about those needs for months. Real question is how much MB is prepared to pay to address them now.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We’ve talked about those needs for months. Real question is how much MB is prepared to pay to address them now.

I wonder who can be a target as a 2LD. It would be fair to believe Reilly would be involved in the deal.

Do you think Marco Scandella from Buffalo? Or Nikita Zadorov from Colorado? If you're looking in terms of production, Reilly, Scandella, and Zadorov are all on a similar pace. But I don't know enough of Scandella's and Zadorov's games to know if they offer something Reilly doesn't.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I wonder who can be a target as a 2LD. It would be fair to believe Reilly would be involved in the deal.

Do you think Marco Scandella from Buffalo? Or Nikita Zadorov from Colorado? If you're looking in terms of production, Reilly, Scandella, and Zadorov are all on a similar pace. But I don't know enough of Scandella's and Zadorov's games to know if they offer something Reilly doesn't.

Those names would make more sense simply because their acquisition cost is low. I’d say it then becomes a matter of ceiling. Which of these low cost players has untapped potential and growth that their current teams are not properly gauging? It’s like when we traded a player who once scored 30 goals for one who posted two seasons of 9 goals.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
How inclined is MB to move Tatar? For all we know, he might like the guy so much that he'll keep him around.
I think there has been a change of mind with habs fans, a complete new direction going into lets get the most 1st picks or 2nd round picks as we can. It depends if next drafts will be a strong year, nobody knows. However I agree Tatar is giving us good hockey and I was thinking let's keep him so I think MB might think the same , and a lot of fans ...and hockey experts.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
What about Hoffman? He’d certainly help on the PPand add to our offence. Maybe package deal with Yandle. Take on salary for Fla to go after Panarin and Bob.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If someone wanted tatar and would give us the LHD we need , id do the trade right ****ing now

Pretty sure we can get mileage with Tatar on that front. I just get the impression MB wants to get there taking a different path. Just my impression, I may be wrong.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

I also think Reilly has been better recently. But I don’t think he’s a long-term 4D solution. I think a team that wants to compete should have him on the bottom pairing with the option of moving up in the lineup when inevitable injuries hit.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
What about Hoffman? He’d certainly help on the PPand add to our offence. Maybe package deal with Yandle. Take on salary for Fla to go after Panarin and Bob.

He’s putrid defensively, like worse than Drouin. Plus you don’t want his gf’s antics around this team.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
My trade proposal would be Simmons from philadelphia.
What would I offer ? Lets try with Suzuki and Juulsen.
Then Lehkonen replace Deslauriers on the 4th line.
And we have a bid winger to screen the net in PP.
Last time we had a winger like that was when we had Cole.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Is that Hoffman with the errr ... Pateryn-like GF but on bath salts? Too much of an attitude repellant for MB, I suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad