Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part VIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Trade for Nolan Patrick. Kid will benefit from change of scenery.

Have they soured on him? I know he should be available as he's not named Giroux.

Plus, he's had some injury issues, but don't know if that's behind him now.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Right up there with Toronto? Really?

If we had Panarin he’d be the only player in the Matthews/Marner/Tavares tier of player, and he’s quite below those guys in that tier. Even with Panarin you cannot even begin to compare our offense.

Our defence is similar, I’d give Toronto the slight edge with the Muzzin addition. Price and Andersen are unfortunately a wash these days, and that’s where we really held an advantage.

I think we would have enough depth to compete with them. Again the plan wouldn't be to outscore them 7-6, we have Weber and Price back there. But if you add in Stone/Panarian that gives the team a 1st line game breaker. That goes along with Domi/Drouin/Tatar/BG/Shaw/Byron/Lek/KK/Danault. Its not as star studded but all of those guys can basically be .5 PPG, which gives the team depth.

I give them an edge in offense but this year they only scored 11 more goals 5 v 5 so lets not act like they are on another level here. Our PP sucks but if it was halfway decent our totals goals would be a lot closer then the 20 goal differential overall.

But there are 2 sides to the game, and Price + Weber is the other side. So I have no problem thinking that with Stone/Panarian the habs could win some 3-2, 4-3 games against the leafs.

I like their Muzzin move and thats big for them because D was an issue so they did get better. But again not saying the team today, saying if we added another piece up front we can have a top 10 offense, and Price+Weber should be good enough for a top 10 Defense, then it comes down to bounces and puck luck.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
So, with the Muzzin trade and the subsequent return (I think it’s a decent haul), should we be maximizing our value for Jeff Petry this season?

I think we absolutely should. Like I’ve said, I feel this is a team overachieving and we’re going to regret not getting a 1st + prospects for him in 2-3 years.

Reactions: Licentia

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
So, with the Muzzin trade and the subsequent return (I think it’s a decent haul), should we be maximizing our value for Jeff Petry this season?

I think we absolutely should. Like I’ve said, I feel this is a team overachieving and we’re going to regret not getting a 1st + prospects for him in 2-3 years.
What makes you think they won't get that type of value next year ? Absolutely no rush to trade him... he's not an UFA, patience might not be your virtue...

McGuires Corndog

Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
What makes you think they won't get that type of value next year ? Absolutely no rush to trade him... he's not an UFA, patience might not be your virtue...

He could regress, he could get injured. He’s having a career year, his value is likely to never be higher than it is right now at this moment.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Why would we regret it in 2-3 years? If we fall to the bottom again next year, we can still trade Petry, and he will have the same amount of term on his contract as Muzzin had. Petry is much better than Muzzin and plays as tougher position to fill, so he should fetch a first + prospects next year, easy.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

What about this summer? The GM won't want to move him with the team vying for a playoff spot.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Possibly, I don’t see us making the playoffs though.

If that's going to be the case, it better happen before the TDL. I mean, a lot of separation from a playoff spot.

Not that I wish it, it is what it is.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Possibly, I don’t see us making the playoffs though.
On November 30th when we were 11-9-5 and cooled off after the hot start, sitting right around 8th spot, did you think we would be the 7th best team in the league over the NEXT 26 games?

Reactions: Licentia

McGuires Corndog

Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
On November 30th when we were 11-9-5 and cooled off after the hot start, sitting right around 8th spot, did you think we would be the 7th best team in the league over the NEXT 26 games?

No I didn’t, but that doesn’t mean much at this junction.

I think the teams around us are better and will likely pass us.

Even if we do make the playoffs, what? We get crushed by TB? Pull off an upset than get crushed in round 2?

I’ve been watching this song and dance for over twenty years now...

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
No I didn’t, but that doesn’t mean much at this junction.

I think the teams around us are better and will likely pass us.

Even if we do make the playoffs, what? We get crushed by TB? Pull off an upset than get crushed in round 2?

I’ve been watching this song and dance for over twenty years now...

Agree with this. If we want a different outcome, we need to try something different. What's wrong with pursuing the current path of assembling a young talented core and amassing quality disposable assets over the longer term? Just a little patience.

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
The plan is simple trade for a LHD this year and sign a top 6 UFA forward this summer:

1st round pick + 2nd round pick + Fleury or Juulsen + Lehkonen or Byron or Shaw

You add a top 3 LHD, a top 6 forward and you still have Romanov, Brook, Suzuki, Poehling, one of Juulsen or Fleury, Primeau, Evans and Ylönen as solids prospects.

This is how you keep building without mortgaging the future.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Our defence is similar, I’d give Toronto the slight edge with the Muzzin addition. Price and Andersen are unfortunately a wash these days, and that’s where we really held an advantage.

I disagree about their defense getting a slight edge. We are still much stronger whenever Weber is on the ice which is about 25 minutes. They'll have a better 2nd pairing and the bottom 2 are likely a wash. Overall I think this still gives us an edge. But it's close enough now that their depth of talent on offence likely overwhelms us.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Keith Gretzky, interim GM.

#Bloodlines

I could see them going after someone fresh, younger and innovative. The same old is killing that franchise. They need the hockey equivalent of a Sean McVay (closest right now would be Dubas).

No idea who that would be, but I hope it isn't our guy down in Laval.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
To Phi
Lehkonen + Lindgren

To Mtl
Ghost + 4th

Personally I’m really high on Ghost and think having him with weber on the pp would help a lot.

To Wash
Shaw (30% retained) -when healthy

To Mtl
Burakovsky

Would be a buy low on Burakovsky for sure but caps need a player who can chip in on their third line. Shaw is damaged goods and losing his cap hit will help next year, plus his stats this year should return something.

Drouin-Domi-Armia
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Byron-Kotkaniemi-Burakovsky
Agostino-Chaput-Deslauriers

Ghost-Weber
Reilly-Petry
Mete-Juulsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad