Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I like Zuccarello better than Toffoli. Zuccs has tenacity, speed, grit and has a good scoring touch.

robicgi

Oct 17, 2018
what kind of hot garbage is this?

Just because you feel strongly that the proposal is garbage doesnt make you right. It is based on my opinion and you have the right to disagree of course . Not gonna be argueing my proposal with you as its an opinion but a PP D a roster player with offensive upside and a pick or prospect (all over 6') IMO would improve us. Am i right? Who knows but to call someones opinion garbage because you dont agree is very small minded. Relax a bit man as im sure you have no more experience managing an NHL team than i do .Cheers man and no hard feeling just dont get the constant negitive comments some posters make (not saying you do always) over proposed trades .

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
We can’t add any more small dudes imo. Zuc is great but you need to insulate these guys with players that can buy time and space with their size. We have too many players that can’t buy any space in the middle of the ice and just do laps around the offensive zone as it is. I have nothing against small players but they have their limitations.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Yes no more small players. We are already weak and NSH defence had it easy

A guy I really want is Kovalchuk until Suzuki is ready. I dont think he is done and he will be a great winger to have with Domi and Drouin. He is a RH too. We can have him for Alzner basically.

Reactions: Jack Skellington

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
It may be a little lopsided and may need something added and maybe Edm is not the right partner for this trade but Mete does not hold much value IMO and Suzuki is another small forward of which we have an abundance of . I guess my main point is to try to add a PP quarterback D and upgrade our size . if you are a 5'9" D and dont play physical then IMO you better be scoring or you have no use .As for Gallagher he is yet another small forward who has had multiple hand injuries and plays a style that doesnt bode well with his small frame .If you watch games where we go up against a tough defensive team he becomes relitivly ineffective ..While he may be a quality forward and could be a consistant 20 to 30 goal scorer for the next 3 to 5 years i personally see his game declining sooner rather than later .He could fetch a few nice pieces from the right trade partner ..totally understand that some people think he is this total package player but i just have never thought that .There are a ton of guys in this league that if given his icetime and opportunities could put up 20 plus goals.
Suzuki could be great and i thought he looked very good at the wjc but if we want to fill the needs we have it aint gonna happen offering scrubs. Not gonna get a top 4 D for hudon/sherbek/Alzner as some think and as everyone here knows we have a tendancy to over value our own. Not saying my opinion is right just that those are pieces i would move if we could get a youngish winger with size who can skate and has offensive upside and a D to quarterback our brutal PP .
In what world is Nurse a pp quarterback?

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
2014 was the only year MB didn't make a trade in January. Even then it was at the very start of February where he made one. I expect at least a minor move this month.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
LA would be a great partner if we're looking for grit but I don't agree that we couldn't use another scoring forward like Zuccarello. Zuccarello would be great. He's everything this team is about (size included I suppose)

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I know he'd probably cost a lot, but, damn, would really like to make a pitch for Puljujarvi.

Could totally see him and Kotkaniemi growing together on a line for years to come, and not only because they're both Finn.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
LA would be a great partner if we're looking for grit but I don't agree that we couldn't use another scoring forward like Zuccarello. Zuccarello would be great. He's everything this team is about (size included I suppose)
Big D like Nashville would sit in the slot and watch Drouin - Domi - Zucc cycle for a minute until they take an outside shot and change. Small fwds are already neutured enough by our lack of puck moving dman to open up the neutral zone rush. That’s why our PP sucks so much. We have no time and space to set up down low. We need a PP QB a ton too but that’s a different problem.

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
I know he'd probably cost a lot, but, damn, would really like to make a pitch for Puljujarvi.

Could totally see him and Kotkaniemi growing together on a line for years to come, and not only because they're both Finn.
What’s been his issue in Edm? I really liked him in his draft year. I wonder if Julien could make it work with him. I’d love to see him with Kotka

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

I have no idea what happened to Poolparty since he was drafted. He was a dominant player in junior and seems to have fallen off a cliff developmentally. Don't know why but putting him on a team full of skilled Finns couldn't hurt and he has all the potential to be a very good player. Having a 6'4" RW with KK would be awesome and address some of the size issues and his speed would compliment our style of play.

Reactions: Drouin92

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Big D like Nashville would sit in the slot and watch Drouin - Domi - Zucc cycle for a minute until they take an outside shot and change. Small fwds are already neutured enough by our lack of puck moving dman to open up the neutral zone rush. That’s why our PP sucks so much. We have no time and space to set up down low. We need a PP QB a ton too but that’s a different problem.

And its not even like this isn't an unsupported position. There's a reason Drouin and Domi have been effective with a guy like Shaw, but struggle with Byron. They need a stronger guy to win battles on their line. Zucc is good, but he's on a clear decline and he's more of what Montreal has than what they need.

John B

Nov 19, 2016

I think Edmonton would be asking a lot, but I'm not sure they would get it. I doubt they're ready to give up on a 4th overall pick, but he's only another year or two like this away from being worth the same or maybe less than Yakupov (3rd rounder and minor leaguer). Having said that, I do like Pulujujarvi, but I wouldn't be willing to pay much for him and I doubt there are too many NHL teams lining up with top offers for him either. He is quickly approaching bust status and I don't think he will be as good as advertised in his draft. It's too bad Hudon isn't getting more games and ice time. Otherwise he would be the guy I dangle as an offer. One struggling change of scenery guy for another.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Just because you feel strongly that the proposal is garbage doesnt make you right. It is based on my opinion and you have the right to disagree of course . Not gonna be argueing my proposal with you as its an opinion but a PP D a roster player with offensive upside and a pick or prospect (all over 6') IMO would improve us. Am i right? Who knows but to call someones opinion garbage because you dont agree is very small minded. Relax a bit man as im sure you have no more experience managing an NHL team than i do .Cheers man and no hard feeling just dont get the constant negitive comments some posters make (not saying you do always) over proposed trades .
gallagher is with more than that what you are asking the oil to fork over. just my opinion. no hard feelings

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I would move Gallagher for a similar return that we got for Paccioretty. Not a big fan of his smirks and antics and never have been. I see him declining ala Gomez in the coming years. I find he turns over the puck more than anyone on this team and have never understood the praise he gets heaped on him. Decent player dont get me wrong but jeez the way some anouncers talk about him its like he can do no wrong. His value is high so the return could be significant and we could use a size upgrade. He may be a 20 to 30 goal scorer on the habs and get first line minutes but i feel he is more a third liner who has inflated stats due to ice time and situations he plays in .

To Edm - Gallagher + Mete + Suzuki
To Mtl - Nurse + puljaarvi + pick/prospect

Upgrades our D and adds size

Would also consider moving him for another young D who can move the puck and quarterback a PP regardless of LD or RD as long as they have good size and are under 25 and have offensive upside . despite the fact Mete can skate he will never be an offensive D (0 goals in 100 plus games) and would be happy to see MTL move away from him as well . Just my opinion though as i know Gallagher has a huge following lol .

This has to be a troll post.

You don't like smirks, so you want to sell super high, then propose a super-low return.

Forget it, I'm not taking this seriously.

robicgi

Oct 17, 2018
This has to be a troll post.

You don't like smirks, so you want to sell super high, then propose a super-low return.

Forget it, I'm not taking this seriously.

Not trolling and may be low on the return but we do have a habit of overvaluing our players. Been a fan since 83 and lucky enough to remember 2 cups and 1 final. Love the energy this year and maybe im bias on Gallagher but just not a fan. Maybe a few playoff ot goals to move us past a few rounds might change my mind lol.
In all seriousness though Nurse is on pace for his best offensive year at 23 and is 6'4" 220. Not saying as good as Gallagher but a player that would help our back end IMO. Hasnt been a PP quarterback in EDM but he posseses the qualities needed IMO . Anyways by no means trolling just feel we need to fix the PP before the playoffs (if we make it) and add some skilled size. Gallagher would be my first choice to go as he could fetch enough to move us in that direction .Cheers

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I hope we do everything to take on Callahans contract in the offseason. Bolts will need to unload that contract.

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
Would you try Ryan Spooner for Hudon? Taking his 3.1M cap.
If I remember correctly, Spooner had some good flashes on the PP in Boston.
Will be 27 at the end of the month, does he simply don't fit in EDM?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Would you try Ryan Spooner for Hudon? Taking his 3.1M cap.
If I remember correctly, Spooner had some good flashes on the PP in Boston.
Will be 27 at the end of the month, does he simply don't fit in EDM?

If memory serves correct, Julien was not a fan of Spooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad