Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I agree but don't think Hudon is one of our best players. Agostino and Deslauriers and even Peca are better wingers than Hudon.

And last year Hudon was better then those 3. Whose going to be better next year and the year after that?

I would put my money on Hudon, but regardless if Bergevin has lost faith in him as a player trade him quickly for the best pick/prospect you can get. The worst thing we could do is just healthy scratch him for the rest of the year.

Reactions: DAChampion

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
And last year Hudon was better then those 3. Whose going to be better next year and the year after that?

I would put my money on Hudon, but regardless if Bergevin has lost faith in him as a player trade him quickly for the best pick/prospect you can get. The worst thing we could do is just healthy scratch him for the rest of the year.
Right now, get him a conditioning stint. If he lights up the AHL for two weeks, a team will want him for a mid round pick or another suspect. This has to be done while Shaw is out.

Toligwen

Jan 5, 2019
If going to move him, get him to Laval to increase his value
If going to delay him, get him to Laval to ... delay
If going to keep him, get him to Laval waiting for room in the bigs

(All of this being conditionning stints obviously)

Second option only better to not doing anything.
I'd personally go with third ; if it's first, I'd wish him the best hoping some good return

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Hudon....Waivers or AHL’er for AHL’er type of deal. Think Max Friberg.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Im reading some rumors that the oilers wanted to trade Puljujarvi for Mete. And that Bergevin refused such trade. I have a hard time believing it. I would do this trade if it was on the table. Im not utterly impressed by Mete so far. He skates well but IMO to be a 5foot 9 defenseman in the NHL you need to put some points on the board and Mete has 0 goals in almost 100 games.

I get it, Pulju has been disappointed so far but I think he still has great potential

Reactions: HKbleu

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Im reading some rumors that the oilers wanted to trade Puljujarvi for Mete. And that Bergevin refused such trade. I have a hard time believing it. I would do this trade if it was on the table. Im not utterly impressed by Mete so far. He skates well but IMO to be a 5foot 9 defenseman in the NHL you need to put some points on the board and Mete has 0 goals in almost 100 games.

I get it, Pulju has been disappointed so far but I think he still has great potential

Yakupov had great potential as well and everyone thought just getting out of Edmonton would help
Mete is a solid player, he doesn't need to be a scorer for us. If he can be a #4-5 D I think it's a pretty solid contribution and I'd rather that then a maybe up front in which we have so many of those.
Mete's skating is what this team needs going forward, I don't really care about the offense

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Yakupov had great potential as well and everyone thought just getting out of Edmonton would help
Mete is a solid player, he doesn't need to be a scorer for us. If he can be a #4-5 D I think it's a pretty solid contribution and I'd rather that then a maybe up front in which we have so many of those.
Mete's skating is what this team needs going forward, I don't really care about the offense

Hes doesnt score plus he doesnt hit becaue hes so small. Skating is nice but this is not figure skating. If he doesnt score or have a shitload of passes , he is pretty useless IMO. In the playoff , he would get brutalized

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Toffoli is off to a brutal season, I wonder if LAK would be interested in trading him away. I think he'd be a solid candidate as a buy low.

One guy like that is also peaking my interest.....could be a disaster long term but i'm really wondering what's going on with James Neal in Calgary. He got 8 points (only 4 goals) in 42 games. Playing 3rd line on a team that will need some cap space sooner than later. He's been a genuine 25 goals scorer, don't know what's going on with him.

Reactions: Saundies

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
One guy like that is also peaking my interest.....could be a disaster long term but i'm really wondering what's going with James Neal in Calgary. He got 8 points (only 4 goals) in 42 games. Playing 3rd line on a team that will need soe cap space sooner than later. He's been a genuine 25 goals scorer, don't know what's going on with him.
Sometimes teams and players don't fit, and this looks like this is one of those times. I'd be interested to see what it would take to get him (or if CAL is just writing this year off and letting him find his feet.)

Maybe Shaw could get it done? CAL looks like a mid-tier contender and Shaw would fit perfectly (moreso than Neal) on that 3rd line going forward.

thegoalie39

Nov 28, 2018
WTF !? No to Poehling vs Proporov !? Proporov is a established top 2 and we know thst Poehling is not a #1 center
Yes,hands down you trade Poehling for Provorov and you add if you have to......Poehling had a great world juniors so have many players over the years and gone on not to be stars or anything close to it in the NHL,Poehling also was the oldest player at the tournament and is not signed.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
WTF !? No to Poehling vs Proporov !? Proporov is a established top 2 and we know thst Poehling is not a #1 center

Well, we don't think Poehling will be a #1 center. Its not an impossibility though.

I just don't see why Philly does a trade where Poehling is the key piece coming back. They have Couturier, who is a good, relatively young center. They're developing Patrick. They have Frost (and Rubtsov) in the system.

They should probably leverage their young LHD depth to fix other areas. You don't need to have all of Ghost, Provorov and Sanheim to be competitive. Especially since Provorov and Sanheim need new contracts, Hagg can play 3rd pair minutes really effectively and they have Myers close to being NHL ready on the right side.

There's no urgency for them to make a bad trade, but at some point they need to define roles from a development point of view and to plan for the Seattle draft.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
One guy like that is also peaking my interest.....could be a disaster long term but i'm really wondering what's going on with James Neal in Calgary. He got 8 points (only 4 goals) in 42 games. Playing 3rd line on a team that will need some cap space sooner than later. He's been a genuine 25 goals scorer, don't know what's going on with him.
From what I've read from numerous sources, he's done a la Semin so do not want.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
From what I've read from numerous sources, he's done a la Semin so do not want.

I've read a different take about Neal....still scored 25 goals last season and 6 in 20 games in the PO. Doubt he is completely done. Heard that his game isn't suited for a 3rd line role and would still help a team if he could get on the top line in an offensive role.

But if algary sees him as done a la Semin....Calgary also has a surplus of D-men that could be use to eat up that contract.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I've read a different take about Neal....still scored 25 goals last season and 6 in 20 games in the PO. Doubt he is completely done. Heard that his game isn't suited for a 3rd line role and would still help a team if he could get on the top line in an offensive role.

But if algary sees him as done a la Semin....Calgary also has a surplus of D-men that could be use to eat up that contract.
His game dropped off last year after November (24 GP, 19 PTS then 47 GP, 25 PTS).

robicgi

Oct 17, 2018
I would move Gallagher for a similar return that we got for Paccioretty. Not a big fan of his smirks and antics and never have been. I see him declining ala Gomez in the coming years. I find he turns over the puck more than anyone on this team and have never understood the praise he gets heaped on him. Decent player dont get me wrong but jeez the way some anouncers talk about him its like he can do no wrong. His value is high so the return could be significant and we could use a size upgrade. He may be a 20 to 30 goal scorer on the habs and get first line minutes but i feel he is more a third liner who has inflated stats due to ice time and situations he plays in .

To Edm - Gallagher + Mete + Suzuki
To Mtl - Nurse + puljaarvi + pick/prospect

Upgrades our D and adds size

Would also consider moving him for another young D who can move the puck and quarterback a PP regardless of LD or RD as long as they have good size and are under 25 and have offensive upside . despite the fact Mete can skate he will never be an offensive D (0 goals in 100 plus games) and would be happy to see MTL move away from him as well . Just my opinion though as i know Gallagher has a huge following lol .

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Toffoli is off to a brutal season, I wonder if LAK would be interested in trading him away. I think he'd be a solid candidate as a buy low.

He's also been rumored a couple times with the Habs, if I'm not mistaken.

Not the best skater in the world, but would probably benefit from our other good skaters. Could totally see him with Drouin-Domi.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I would move Gallagher for a similar return that we got for Paccioretty. Not a big fan of his smirks and antics and never have been. I see him declining ala Gomez in the coming years. I find he turns over the puck more than anyone on this team and have never understood the praise he gets heaped on him. Decent player dont get me wrong but jeez the way some anouncers talk about him its like he can do no wrong. His value is high so the return could be significant and we could use a size upgrade. He may be a 20 to 30 goal scorer on the habs and get first line minutes but i feel he is more a third liner who has inflated stats due to ice time and situations he plays in .

Would also consider moving him for another young D who can move the puck and quarterback a PP regardless of LD or RD as long as they have good size and are under 25 and have offensive upside . despite the fact Mete can skate he will never be an offensive D (0 goals in 100 plus games) and would be happy to see MTL move away from him as well . Just my opinion though as i know Gallagher has a huge following lol .

Hum, not sure where to begin...

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

That's a brutal trade for Montreal. Montreal gives up the 1st, 3rd and 4th best pieces. If Montreal is trading Gallagher, Mete and Suzuki, it'll be for a legitimate star player.

Like, Mete has the same number of points as Puljaarvi as a D-man and is marginally younger than him. Gallagher has a significantly larger impact on the game than Nurse. And there isn't really a pick/prospect available from Edmonton that equals Suzuki.

You're massively underselling Gallagher. He is one of the elite scoring chances producers in the NHL and has one of the best contracts in the NHL.

robicgi

Oct 17, 2018
That's a brutal trade for Montreal. Montreal gives up the 1st, 3rd and 4th best pieces. If Montreal is trading Gallagher, Mete and Suzuki, it'll be for a legitimate star player.

Like, Mete has the same number of points as Puljaarvi as a D-man and is marginally younger than him. Gallagher has a significantly larger impact on the game than Nurse. And there isn't really a pick/prospect available from Edmonton that equals Suzuki.

You're massively underselling Gallagher. He is one of the elite scoring chances producers in the NHL and has one of the best contracts in the NHL.

It may be a little lopsided and may need something added and maybe Edm is not the right partner for this trade but Mete does not hold much value IMO and Suzuki is another small forward of which we have an abundance of . I guess my main point is to try to add a PP quarterback D and upgrade our size . if you are a 5'9" D and dont play physical then IMO you better be scoring or you have no use .As for Gallagher he is yet another small forward who has had multiple hand injuries and plays a style that doesnt bode well with his small frame .If you watch games where we go up against a tough defensive team he becomes relitivly ineffective ..While he may be a quality forward and could be a consistant 20 to 30 goal scorer for the next 3 to 5 years i personally see his game declining sooner rather than later .He could fetch a few nice pieces from the right trade partner ..totally understand that some people think he is this total package player but i just have never thought that .There are a ton of guys in this league that if given his icetime and opportunities could put up 20 plus goals.
Suzuki could be great and i thought he looked very good at the wjc but if we want to fill the needs we have it aint gonna happen offering scrubs. Not gonna get a top 4 D for hudon/sherbek/Alzner as some think and as everyone here knows we have a tendancy to over value our own. Not saying my opinion is right just that those are pieces i would move if we could get a youngish winger with size who can skate and has offensive upside and a D to quarterback our brutal PP .

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

what kind of hot garbage is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad