Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC
Lehkonen might already be better than Gallagher talent and skills wise. Given the same opportunities, he can score as many goals and be better defensively. Only thing Gally has over him is his agitation factor.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Lehkonen might already be better than Gallagher talent and skills wise. Given the same opportunities, he can score as many goals and be better defensively. Only thing Gally has over him is his agitation factor.

That is a ballsy statement! I like what I see so far too

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Gallagher is a lot stronger than Lekhonen... Lekhonen has a scorer mentality and knows how to open himself to score, while Gallagher is more of a "in your face" type player who will get in front of the net to chip in the dirty goals.

So far, thought, Gallagher is a shade of that. He's not doing what he should to succeed.

Gallagher has proven himself in the NHL, not Lekhonen, it's not even debatable who's better right now, and who's got more value...

As for the package, it really depends of the team you want to trade with. Colorado has absolutely no use for a Gallagher-Duchene type swap... they would prefer younger players with more potential... while teams like LA, Minn, Anaheim who have Top 4 defencemen available might be more incline for the proven Top 6 forward.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Gallagher is a lot stronger than Lekhonen... Lekhonen has a scorer mentality and knows how to open himself to score, while Gallagher is more of a "in your face" type player who will get in front of the net to chip in the dirty goals.

So far, thought, Gallagher is a shade of that. He's not doing what he should to succeed.

Gallagher has proven himself in the NHL, not Lekhonen, it's not even debatable who's better right now, and who's got more value...

As for the package, it really depends of the team you want to trade with. Colorado has absolutely no use for a Gallagher-Duchene type swap... they would prefer younger players with more potential... while teams like LA, Minn, Anaheim who have Top 4 defencemen available might be more incline for the proven Top 6 forward.

No question Gallagher has way more trade value than Lehkonen. He also has way more value to the habs roster. He is a lead by example never stop force.

People maybe stuck in short term memory. Yes he hasn't been great this season. But the year is what, 1/3 through? He can easily have a strong finish and all will be forgotten. Going into the playoffs I like Gallagher better.

And I'm certain any GM out there would value Gallagher's game and experience over the maybe that any prospect in montreal's pool would bring.

Colorado needs to shake things up. They badly need defense. Hamonic has said he wants to move out West. NYI may lose Tavares if they don't get serious about surrounding him with talent. And serious about winning.

A deal centering around Duchene for Hamonic is a real possibility.

I'm not sure the Habs have what Colorado would want in a deal for Duchene.

As far as trading for a top 4 dman and using Gallagher as trade bait, that would be insane.

This team lacks quality top 6 forwards and trading a homegrown one for a #3/4 dman is crazy. I think Gallagher is one of the closest players to being untouchable on this roster.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
No question Gallagher has way more trade value than Lehkonen. He also has way more value to the habs roster. He is a lead by example never stop force.

People maybe stuck in short term memory. Yes he hasn't been great this season. But the year is what, 1/3 through? He can easily have a strong finish and all will be forgotten. Going into the playoffs I like Gallagher better.

And I'm certain any GM out there would value Gallagher's game and experience over the maybe that any prospect in montreal's pool would bring.

Colorado needs to shake things up. They badly need defense. Hamonic has said he wants to move out West. NYI may lose Tavares if they don't get serious about surrounding him with talent. And serious about winning.

As far as trading for a top 4 dman and using Gallagher as trade bait, that would be insane.

This team lacks quality top 6 forwards and trading a homegrown one for a #3/4 dman is crazy. I think Gallagher is one of the closest players to being untouchable on this roster.

We see two completely different things, which is cool! In my opinion, Lehkonen is a better player already. Lehk has a lot of talent and can play any role, but most importantly, he has a high IQ on the ice. Gally is one dimensional and lacks hockey sense.

Guys like Gallagher are valuable though so I think we could get back a decent asset, but I'd try hard to avoid trading Lehkonen at all. We don't even know how good he can be yet.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
We see two completely different things, which is cool! In my opinion, Lehkonen is a better player already. Lehk has a lot of talent and can play any role, but most importantly, he has a high IQ on the ice. Gally is one dimensional and lacks hockey sense.

Guys like Gallagher are valuable though so I think we could get back a decent asset, but I'd try hard to avoid trading Lehkonen at all. We don't even know how good he can be yet.

I haven't seen enough of Lehkonen yet. Which makes me agree with your last point, habs should keep him. He is entry level and stepping into NHL really nicely.

Duchene would be nice, but I really don't think he would be worth the price-tag to acquire. Unless Colorado still owes the habs future considerations for the Roy trade. :sarcasm:

I'd actually rather go for a guy like Soderberg from Colorado. 3rd line center with size, experience and capability to play offensive role. Pricetag for acquisition would likely be cheap. And would make Plekanecs expendable. Then you have Galchenyuk - Soderber/Danaul as your top 9

jmurray77

Oct 10, 2006
Don't post but read all the time and love a good trade. Speculation was with Dallas. How about Spezza and Oduya. For Pleckanec, Desharnais, Beaulieau and Lindgren. Salaries almost exact match.

Dallas adds a shut down centre in Tomas, salary dump or fill in center for this year, a top 4 d man in Nathan and a goalie in which they are in dire need.

Spezza, gallagher, max
galchy, RADS, lehk
Danualt,shaw, byron
mitchell, mccaron and carr

oduya , shea-- emelin, petry, markov- redmond.

Dallas gets a spezza light in davy in that they both are passers not to mention Dallas is a big team so Davey may have more sucess their like a Riberio. They get Nate to take over from johnny but with term and control on nate. Also they get Lingdren who has .920 plus save percentage in AHL, we all know the niemi and lehtonen juggling act that aint working right now. And of course tomas a shut down guy who fits in on a team who can;t keep puck out of net.

The Habs get a big play making centre to pair with MAx, leaving Galychnuyk with RAds. Habs also get a 20 min a night D man.

Dallas gets something for now and future, habs get the scoring shot in the arm--Spezza. The reason I like it so much for HAbs is they only move 1 young asset in a sense with Price in crease for the long term. Takes something to get something.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

Hamonic doesn't hold much value now, he wouldn't be enough to get them Duchene, Sergachev has more value... I would trade him for Duchene, but to make sure the defense stays strong for the forseable future, I would trade Gallagher for a top 4 LD.

Imo, Gallagher is far from being untouchable.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Hamonic doesn't hold much value now, he wouldn't be enough to get them Duchene, Sergachev has more value... I would trade him for Duchene, but to make sure the defense stays strong for the forseable future, I would trade Gallagher for a top 4 LD.

Imo, Gallagher is far from being untouchable.

If you could get Duchene for Sergachev and another prospect (Scherbak for example) then sure. Not sure habs could do that due to salary though.

Adding him into top 6 would make Gallagher less of an untouchable for sure.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I haven't seen enough of Lehkonen yet. Which makes me agree with your last point, habs should keep him. He is entry level and stepping into NHL really nicely.

Duchene would be nice, but I really don't think he would be worth the price-tag to acquire. Unless Colorado still owes the habs future considerations for the Roy trade. :sarcasm:

I'd actually rather go for a guy like Soderberg from Colorado. 3rd line center with size, experience and capability to play offensive role. Pricetag for acquisition would likely be cheap. And would make Plekanecs expendable. Then you have Galchenyuk - Soderber/Danaul as your top 9

Plekanec vs Soderberg is pretty lateral move, don't see how it helps us get better. Also, he has an awfull contract.

Then, we have to trade Plekanec.. it might not be that easy...

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
If you could get Duchene for Sergachev and another prospect (Scherbak for example) then sure. Not sure habs could do that due to salary though.

Adding him into top 6 would make Gallagher less of an untouchable for sure.

With them taking on DD.... at trade deadline, it should work... we'll see. But, I agree that they should not trade a top 6 forward if they don't add a better one.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004

Yeah I would give up a lot for Duchene as I think he's the perfect center for our team (him and Radu together would be ridiculous), but I'm not selling the farm.

To be honest, I think we really need to move on from guys like Patch, Plek, Gally. They make a lot of money, but each have serious warts that start with the inability to create offense. We need offense! We have so many responsible forwards that can chip in, I'm tired of seeing our top players constantly outplayed by the other teams top guys.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Plekanec vs Soderberg is pretty lateral move, don't see how it helps us get better. Also, he has an awfull contract.

Then, we have to trade Plekanec.. it might not be that easy...

He isn't as good as Plekanec, but his cap hit is cheaper and he is bigger. Something the habs need down the middle come playoff time.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Yeah I would give up a lot for Duchene as I think he's the perfect center for our team (him and Radu together would be ridiculous), but I'm not selling the farm.

To be honest, I think we really need to move on from guys like Patch, Plek, Gally. They make a lot of money, but each have serious warts that start with the inability to create offense. We need offense! We have so many responsible forwards that can chip in, I'm tired of seeing our top players constantly outplayed by the other teams top guys.

How is Pacioretty not able to create offense ? He's been by far our best scorer for the least 5 years. Like everyone, I wish he would go on his 2nd gear more often, but if that was the case, he would be Jamie Benn and would would have to pay him 9mil a year.

Right now he is a sure firer 30+ goals scorer paid peanuts for his production, he's close to untouchable.

Agree with Pleks and Gally, though.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Given the islanders struggles, I wonder if Josh Bailey could be targeted without losing anything substantial off of our current roster.

Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Bailey
Shaw - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Mitchell - Flynn

He's on a good contract, and has a bit of term which I think MB would like. What would it take for the Islanders to move him?

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
He's a top 6 tweener with limited hockey sense but good tools who's been playing with Tavares.

Yep, and if he can feed the puck to Pacioretty, and be had at a reasonable cost he would be a very effective player for us... he's certainly not in Lars Eller 6 points in 30 games territory.

A 40 point winger who's over 6' and is good at both ends of the ice would be a very good addition for us in my opinion.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

You lost all credibility. Pacioretty at 4.5M/year until 2018-19 and Gallagher at 3.75M/year until 2020-2021 is them making a lot of money? They are two of the biggest bargains in the entire league, not just on the Habs. And if they have warts in their game, you think anyone they get traded for wouldn't have warts?

Pacioretty is our top scorer. Is a bonafide 30-goal player and has flirted with 40 twice. At his contract, you keep him.

Gallagher might have a down year so far, but he's the kind of guy who does more than just provide offense. He scored 24 goals and 47 pts two years ago and in a 53-game injury-riddled season last year, he had 19 goals and 40 pts. He was on pace for 29 goals and 61 pts if he played a full season. He might be having some difficulties now, but I don't see that as foreshadowing his future. He could easily make us forget his huge dry spell if he kicks it into high gear in the second half of the season. Not to mention he's the kind of player you appreciate a lot more come playoff time.

Plekanec at 6M/year is way too much for what he provides. I'd like to see him moved. But not Pacioretty and Gallagher.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Josh Bailey has played nine seasons in the NHL and never reached 45 points and yet you describe him as a 45 point winger.

Care to explain?

I called him a 40 to 45 point winger.

He had 41 in 70 games two years ago and on pace for over 50 this year. Does that not qualify to call somebody a 40 to 45 point winger?

Only 1 season in the past 5 hasn't been played at a 40 point pace.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I called him a 40 to 45 point winger.

He had 41 in 70 games two years ago and on pace for over 50 this year. Does that not qualify to call somebody a 40 to 45 point winger?

No, it does not.

Generally a player has to actually achieve the point total you are attributing to him. That's just common sense.

Josh Bailey has played nine NHL seasons and only once achieved 40 points. Frankly it seems pretty silly to call him a "40-point winger" in light of that but it's simply a fabrication to call him a 45-point winger.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
No, it does not.

Generally a player has to actually achieve the point total you are attributing to him. That's just common sense.

Josh Bailey has played nine NHL seasons and only once achieved 40 points. Frankly it seems pretty silly to call him a "40-point winger" in light of that but it's simply a fabrication to call him a 45-point winger.

You're acting as if it's all absolutets. He plays at over a 40 point pace in 4 out of the 5 seasons.. he's currently on pace for over 50. 2 years ago he played at a pace above 45 points. If you want to nitpick because I gave him a range of 40 to 45 points as if those two numbers are miles apart than so be it... but that seems silly to me. I'm not calling him a 45 point player... I'm saying that he's a player who can put up between 40 to 45 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad