Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 74 (3 Days Left)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
To discuss? SPF strengths in the best sun tan lotions?

His job tomorrow, comparing tans with the rest of the staff:

1647744171763.png

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If Hughes is really looking for ways to restructure the Habs salary cap, just about everybody should be in play. I don't like the ideal of only moving certain guys. I've been googling rumors and so far this is what I've found regarding Habs players. Not sure how reliable all these sources are and some might just speculation from the various publications I read.

Artturi Lehkonen - Capitals and Rangers have shown interest.
Joel Armia - Avalanche were poking around earlier in the season.
Mike Hoffman - Rangers apparently had called about him.
Jonathan Drouin - Predators had shown interest prior to his injury.
Jeff Petry - Wings and Stars were rumored destinations.
Brett Kulak - Kings and Flames are believed to have called.
Christian Dvorak - Wild were interested, but concerned about long term cap ramifications.

Anybody read anything else?
Dallas and Detroit like Petry, but they like him better at 5 mill per

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
We're rebuilding.

Which vets aren't on the market?

Where have you seen that Jake Allen is on the market? But we know he's on the market.
We're not rebuilding, it's a form of a reset. They want to get competitive with a quick turnaround. Rebuilding teams don't announce that they're going to go after free agents.

Edmundson is not on the market despite you saying it every second post. I'll bet all your SB cash that he won't get traded by this trading deadline.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We're not rebuilding, it's a form of a reset. They want to get competitive with a quick turnaround. Rebuilding teams don't announce that they're going to go after free agents.

Edmundson is not on the market despite you saying it every second post. I'll bet all your SB cash that he won't get traded by this trading deadline.

There are a lot of players that are available that won't get traded by the TDL.

How does the Toffoli trade help our "quick turnaround"?

I'll bet you all your SB cash we don't contend before Eddy's contract is up.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReHabs

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019

I don't think anyone would pick him up with the back issues or whatever the issues are with his season long injury.

Reactions: ReHabs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There are a lot of players that are available that won't get traded by the TDL.

How does the Toffoli trade help our "quick turnaround"?

I'll be you all your SB cash we don't contend before Eddy's contract is up.
LOL, Edmundson's contract ends in 2024, you high stakes gambler, you. A lot of water can flow under the bridge by then.

Since you keep saying how Edmundson is on the block but you won't lay your SB cash, then I take it you are not convinced that he's available. That's cool.

As for Toffoli, you already know why he was traded, you're here every day. Do I need to state the obvious?

This will go nowhere so, whatever man. You have zero source that Edmundson is being dangled. I get it, it's just your opinion. That's what I thought.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022

I agree Eddy won’t be moved at this time. Seems highly implausible.

That said, if the Habs are not rebuilding — why was Toffoli on a darling contract and loved by the squad the first man out?

It can’t be because he was too slow for MSL…

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
LOL, Edmundson's contract ends in 2024, you high stakes gambler, you. A lot of water can flow under the bridge by then.

Since you keep saying how Edmundson is on the block but you won't lay your SB cash, then I take it you are not convinced that he's available. That's cool.

As for Toffoli, you already know why he was traded, you're here every day. Do I need to state the obvious?

This will go nowhere so, whatever man. You have zero source that Edmundson is being dangled. I get it, it's just your opinion. That's what I thought.

I didn't say Eddy is being dangled, technically I said he's on the market.

And yes, that was meant to be a facetious way of saying he is, or at least should be, available.

Some people are saying you don't trade him unless there's a huge offer. Well, look at the market, there are huge offers left and right...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad