Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The Penguins last year didn't trade Crosby, Malkin or Kessel after their horrible start to the season. Those guys started producing ang winning in late January. We are winning despite the non production of our best goal scorer, instead of trading him, let's stack up and get him help and be a much deeper team.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
The Penguins last year didn't trade Crosby, Malkin or Kessel after their horrible start to the season. Those guys started producing ang winning in late January. We are winning despite the non production of our best goal scorer, instead of trading him, let's stack up and get him help and be a much deeper team.

quoted for truth

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
LOL...#10 of the top 15 rentals posted by eklund:

10. David Desharnais

I keep hearing rumblings about Desharnais. It would be surprising for a team in the playoffs like Montréal to move a player like this, but don't forget you have one of the most aggressive GM's in the league in charge of the Canadiens.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015

10. David Desharnais

I keep hearing rumblings about Desharnais. It would be surprising for a team in the playoffs like Montréal to move a player like this, but don't forget you have one of the most aggressive GM's in the league in charge of the Canadiens.

wow....that nerfherder is desperate for traffic, he always drops the name of a team like MTL or TOR to direct traffic to his joke of a site

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

10. David Desharnais

The pending UFA list is not the greatest this year. DD has played center and is a very reliable player with experience. He's not a bad option to add to your team for extra depth due to injuries.

Only way DD is traded is MB acquires another player with salary and cant fit them under the cap.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
It might be overpayment, but I'd try to pry Henrique from NJ. Guy is good.

:devils

Michael McCarron
1st
Jacob De La Rose
DD

:habs

Adam Henrique
John Moore

Then

:kings2

Nathan Beaulieu

Tanner Pearson

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pearson-Henrique-Gallagher
Lekhonen-Plekanec-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron
Flynn

Emelin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Moore-Pateryn

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Best offer yet!

Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro 30m30 minutes ago
If I'm Marc Bergevin I call Florida Panthers today! I offer Plekanec & Markov for Barkov & Ekblad. Is this a joke? YES. But so are Panthers.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::handclap:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Best offer yet!

Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro 30m30 minutes ago
If I'm Marc Bergevin I call Florida Panthers today! I offer Plekanec & Markov for Barkov & Ekblad. Is this a joke? YES. But so are Panthers.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::handclap:

We could even take Gallant back so they won't have to pay his salary! :laugh:

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Agreed. Patch has 2 years left after this year and is the captain (Like it or not). Trading Patch would shake up the team and why do this this when your in 1st place? Habs will trade prospects and picks to improve the team. Addition by Subtraction does not help the Habs.

Area of need:
- Upgrade at 2nd line center.
- Upgrade at top 4 Defense (puck moving D man)

More than likely nothing happens till trade deadline and then it's assess the injuries and holes in the line-up and try to make trades for expiring UFA contracts. Problem is the options this year are limited in the pending UFA players.

There are three areas of need IMO :

Upgrade at 2nd line center
Upgrade on the bottom pairing
Upgrade at LW on the first line

The upgrade at 2nd line center will be difficult and costly. I'm not sure Hanzal (as rumoured) is a big upgrade. Right now, we have Chucky, Pleky, DD and Mitchell. But we could have Chucky, Pleky, Danault and Mitchell. Not ideal but better.

The upgrade on the bottom pairing would not be needed if Beaulieu played to his potential and Pateryn would have his coaches' confidence. It would (or could) be a fine 3rd pairing. Our top 4 is, IMO, part of the top 10 in the NHL right now. Redmond is also a wildcard. Looked solid in preseason. Unfortunately, it seems that most teams are looking at D help and adding a solid top 4 or even top 6 D would be expensive.

The upgrade at LW is more probable and cheap in my opinion. Adding a very solid left winger would boost the Chucky line but also the 3rd or 4th line as Byron would slide down where he is more suited. I've grown to like Byron a lot and he does add to the Chucky line but a power forward type of winger would help. I'm not saying Evander Kane but that type of skill and size.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
With the cap I don't see this team making many moves until the deadline. I'd look long and hard at:

Evander Kane(I don't know if Buffalo would deal him to a team in their division)
Jonas Brodin
Brock Nelson(Good 2 way center with size...ideal for playoffs)
Nazem Kadri (A change of scenery might do him well)
Calvin DeHaan(I think he would be solid alongside Petry)
Jeff Skinner(He could be dynamite alongside Chucky and Radulov)

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
With the cap I don't see this team making many moves until the deadline. I'd look long and hard at:

Evander Kane(I don't know if Buffalo would deal him to a team in their division)
Jonas Brodin
Brock Nelson(Good 2 way center with size...ideal for playoffs)
Nazem Kadri (A change of scenery might do him well)
Calvin DeHaan(I think he would be solid alongside Petry)
Jeff Skinner(He could be dynamite alongside Chucky and Radulov)

All interesting options, except Kane.

People were making a fuss with Subban, making him seem like that huge troublemaker... Kane appears to be everything the media painted Subban as, times 10. I don't see him being a fit with this team.

I'd really love Kadri. I see no reason why the Maple Leafs would let him go, though. He's having a good season so far.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

Michael McCarron
1st
Jacob De La Rose
DD

Adam Henrique
John Moore

Then

Nathan Beaulieu

Tanner Pearson

Lekhonen-Plekanec-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron
Flynn

Emelin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Moore-Pateryn

Thing is Henrique is the reason they traded for Hall. Doubt they trade him, they're great friends

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
This isn't spousal support. Lol.

They're on the hook for that for 2 years left on his contract reguardless.

Pretty sure the contract can be broken whenever Gallant signs with another team.

So yeah, he wouldn't exactly be traded to us. :laugh:

Still a good point to look at teams who might overreact and make some mistakes when it comes to trades.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

Michael McCarron
1st
Jacob De La Rose
DD

Adam Henrique
John Moore

Then

Nathan Beaulieu

Tanner Pearson

Lekhonen-Plekanec-Shaw
Danault-Mitchell-Byron
Flynn

Emelin-Weber
Markov-Petry
Moore-Pateryn

I'd personally love that, but I don't know if either team (LAK/NJD) would pull the trigger. Would be awesome though!

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I haven't really been following them much this year, but how are the Kings doing? i know they've been scuffling since winning the cup - are they thinking of rebuilding? If so, would they be willing to trade Jeff Carter? I would make a block bluster and trade Plekanec, Beaulieu, Lehkonen, a first round pick, MCCarron and one of Lindgren, Mete or Bitten for Jeff Carter and Dustin Brown. Regardless of if they are rebuilding or not I am sure they would love to dump Brown's contract, so perhaps they would part with Carter to make it happen. Sending Plekanec the other way would help the Habs digest Brown's salary for next year. It looks like we are in a win now mode and this trade would put us over the top. We also would be set up the middle for the next five years. (Chucky, Carter, Brown, Danault). Yes, it's a lot of salary to take on, but with Plekanec going the other way, DD coming off the books, Markov resigning for less (if at all), and we may be able to do make it happen cap wise.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal

Our 1st pick and most prospects should totally be on the table for anything that can help us improve right now. The trades you mentionned would be great for us, IMO. And the value can't be far off. Maybe a low pick here or there to round things up.

Of course we're all just speculating, but I really have a feeling that Bergevin will be agressive on the trade front. And not just for rentals, but for players that will help us win in the next couple of years.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
The main board trade forum is a cesspool of idiocy... in the past few days I've read a poster say that they wouldn't trade Teravainen for Pacioretty and now see someone seriously claiming that they wouldn't trade Vlasic for Price, Galchenyuk, and Sergachev.

What is it about that forum that literally eliminates cognitive capabilities? And why am I such a glutton for punishment in continuing to visit said forum??

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Our 1st pick and most prospects should totally be on the table for anything that can help us improve right now. The trades you mentionned would be great for us, IMO. And the value can't be far off. Maybe a low pick here or there to round things up.

Of course we're all just speculating, but I really have a feeling that Bergevin will be agressive on the trade front. And not just for rentals, but for players that will help us win in the next couple of years.

I feel it too. He made that trade for Vanek when he knew we could make it far (which we did - thanks Chris Kreider for ruining it all :rant:). I think he's just trying to see if we can go all the way. If he knows we can, he's going to sacrifice a lot to make sure we win it all.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The main board trade forum is a cesspool of idiocy... in the past few days I've read a poster say that they wouldn't trade Teravainen for Pacioretty and now see someone seriously claiming that they wouldn't trade Vlasic for Price, Galchenyuk, and Sergachev.

What is it about that forum that literally eliminates cognitive capabilities? And why am I such a glutton for punishment in continuing to visit said forum??

Most fans around the league are unfamiliar with the good players on other teams. This includes Habs fans.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Pretty sure the contract can be broken whenever Gallant signs with another team.

So yeah, he wouldn't exactly be traded to us. :laugh:

Still a good point to look at teams who might overreact and make some mistakes when it comes to trades.

Can't terminate his contract. He'll get every penny for the next two years unless he chooses to rescind it which is unlikely.

Besides that, definately. Fla wants to get quicker and more skilled, something we have. May be a good time to pick up the phone.

A Loyal Dog

Oct 20, 2016
Can't terminate his contract. He'll get every penny for the next two years unless he chooses to rescind it which is unlikely.

Besides that, definately. Fla wants to get quicker and more skilled, something we have. May be a good time to pick up the phone.

Bjugstad + Jagr for DD + Shaw + _?_ (prospect/pick)?

Radulov - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Jagr
Lehkonen/Hudon - Bjugstad - McCarron
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

I would love, love, LOVE to see Jagr sporting a Habs jersey. He can be reunited with Pleky. Also, Jagr said he would love to be a Hab one day, so maybe now's the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad