Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I think two years of drafting high while also getting extra 1st picks for depth at the minimum would be the plan. Going after UFAs NOW is exactly what MB did after drafting KK. This leads me to believe this is all business as usual for Molson while Gorton promised better results with the same plan. I am not liking this much, but we shall see. People are going to roast me with this assumption, but I don't care.
MB problem with UFA is he went after the mediocre/average ones, players that don't significantly move the needle.

I don't think (or hope at least) that's what is being envisionned here.

We're not talking about signing Palat or Smith or Nidereitter to lucrative multi years deals.

But if we could somewhat convince a Forsberg or Hertl to sign, I wouldn't pass on the opportunity.

Like : "Sorry Fil, thank you for being interested but we need to draft high one more year to hopefully get a player that becomes at least as good as you"

Of course in an ideal world we would draft high for next 2 drafts THEN sign such a type of player. There's no guarantee such players would be available then/willing to sign with us. So when the chance pass you by, you take it rather than hope for more later.

Either way, nothing even says we'll end up signing a relevant UFA anyway, it's all wishfull thinking and speculations at this point.

Reactions: Sorinth

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
MB problem with UFA is he went after the mediocre/average ones, players that don't significantly move the needle.

I don't think (or hope at least) that's what is being envisionned here.

We're not talking about signing Palat or Smith or Nidereitter to lucrative multi years deals.

But if we could somewhat convince a Forsberg or Hertl to sign, I wouldn't pass on the opportunity.

Like : "Sorry Fil, thank you for being interested but we need to draft high one more year to hopefully get a player that becomes at least as good as you"

Of course in an ideal world we would draft high for next 2 drafts THEN sign such a type of player. There's no guarantee such players would be available then/willing to sign with us. So when the chance pass you by, you take it rather than hope for more later.

Either way, nothing even says we'll end up signing a relevant UFA anyway, it's all wishfull thinking and speculations at this point.

You think his first choices were the mediocre/average ones? Those were just the results, not preferences.

Forsberg will be 28 next year and will cost a crap ton for many years. Teams signing a guy like that are looking to win NOW when the contract will be worth it because that 7th/8th year will NOT be. It would be a waste for us to sign him or someone like him.

Reactions: Zorba

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
You think his first choices were the mediocre/average ones? Those were just the results, not preferences.

Forsberg will be 28 next year and will cost a crap ton for many years. Teams signing a guy like that are looking to win NOW when the contract will be worth it because that 7th/8th year will NOT be. It would be a waste for us to sign him or someone like him.
28 is still young, in 3-4 years Forsberg will still be good.

Reactions: Takeru

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
I’d take zamula + 1st round pick

don’t think York or Frost are available.

maybe brink or foerster (both below average skaters so not a fan)… who knows

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad