Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Kent is that your phone ringing on Ben??

If Ben Chiarot isn't traded today, we riot

Look, people are calling Hughes everyday checking in to see if they can get him a little cheaper, or seeing if someone else is available. They're doing their due diligence while we're still just under a month away from the deadline.

Would a call today spark enough conversation to get a trade completed today ? Maybe, but it might also change the winds and sour a team on Chiarot, or make the Canadiens lean somewhere else.

Chiarot is a hot commodity and I wouldn't rule out him re-upping with the Habs if a trade can't be done.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Look, people are calling Hughes everyday checking in to see if they can get him a little cheaper, or seeing if someone else is available. They're doing their due diligence while we're still just under a month away from the deadline.

Would a call today spark enough conversation to get a trade completed today ? Maybe, but it might also change the winds and sour a team on Chiarot, or make the Canadiens lean somewhere else.

Chiarot is a hot commodity and I wouldn't rule out him re-upping with the Habs if a trade can't be done.

I agree with this overall narrative. What is the best offer today? No idea. However, it could be that we are offered a 1st and prospect from several teams and our scouts are evaluating before we take one offer over another. And maybe the offers are improved as time moves forward.

All guess work. It's the only thing we can do at this point

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Not to the point of getting traded for Chiarot. :laugh:

Laf was obviously mishandled. Too early to say he’s a bust.
Probably not but he definitely hasn't looked like a NHL'er over the past couple years.

Goalfield22

In Bilbo We Trust
Aug 31, 2021
Chiarot would have some good value to the NYR at 50% retained. They are having a helluva season. They have cap space and assets to trade for help. They could really bolster their squad.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
He's not completely wrong though. Laffy has been absolutely terrible for them.

....the dude just turned 20.....

At any age until now he had better stats than Huberdeau..at the same age..

He is still a baby.

Hit me but I would not even trade a 20 years old Laffy for a 34 years old..Crosby... and I am dead serious...

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Chiarot would have some good value to the NYR at 50% retained. They are having a helluva season. They have cap space and assets to trade for help. They could really bolster their squad.

Why would they need retention? You said it yourself, they have cap space.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Probably not but he definitely hasn't looked like a NHL'er over the past couple years.

It’s only Laf’s second season. Shouldn’t he spend time in the AHL? Don’t know what Drury’s thinking but if it makes Laf expendable, we ought to pounce at the right price point.

Reactions: Deebs

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It’s only Laf’s second season. Shouldn’t he spend time in the AHL? Don’t know what Drury’s thinking but if it makes Laf expendable, we ought to pounce at the right price point.
I'm not saying they didn't screw him in terms of development, just that when watching him play, he looks bad. He shouldn't be in the NHL now.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad