Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Why wait until the deadline to move Chiarot? Move him now before he gets hurt or Covid.

Also if you're not sending Norlinder back to Sweden it helps open a spot for him.
Chiarot value will be at the highest close the trade deadline. Teams gonna know were they are going and will less get affraid to put first picks/A prospect on the block with 20 games remainings..

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yet another example of lazy sports journalism. "Hey the Habs just hired a guy who used to work for the Rangers so let's assume that he is going to trade for all these guys on the Rangers roster now."

They do the same thing every time a francophone player is rumored to be on the move. "Could the Habs be a destination?" If the Habs actually got even half of the players the media rumors say they're getting they'd have won multiple Cups over the last 20 years by now.

It’s not lazy, it’s a good point. Kravtsov is available and Gorton backed the selection of him in the Top 10.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
He's getting us a first rounder
I look around the league and can’t find another Dman with recent playoff pedigree that is a pending UFA of Chiarot’s ilk, which instantly makes the return much higher than a 1st rounder IMO.

Especially since there’s a handful of teams, led by Leafs, Avs and to a certain extent NYR who absolutely have to go deep these playoffs or there’s strong potential of ownership exercising their might….

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I look around the league and can’t find another Dman with recent playoff pedigree that is a pending UFA of Chiarot’s ilk, which instantly makes the return much higher than a 1st rounder IMO.

Especially since there’s a handful of teams, led by Leafs, Avs and to a certain extent NYR who absolutely have to go deep these playoffs or there’s strong potential of ownership exercising their might….

I'd love to skip the pick and get a good blue chipper. Might turn into a Suzuki.

Reactions: ArtPeur

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I'd love to skip the pick and get a good blue chipper. Might turn into a Suzuki.
Would you swap Dvorak + Toffoli or Drouin for Kadri + Girard?

Avs have very little secondary scoring after their go to line, and Kadri will be expensive to resign

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Yes I believe Chariot will get us a first. Big solid playoff defenseman on expiring contract.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
? I havent seen anybody praise gallagher in years. Dudes done. He represents perfectly what the team has been in the past 8 years. The little grinder that could

If Gorton goes with a rebuild he doesn’t fit. He isn’t done, that’s nonsense.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Would you swap Dvorak + Toffoli or Drouin for Kadri + Girard?

Avs have very little secondary scoring after their go to line, and Kadri will be expensive to resign
Kadri isnt what we should target. We have plw ty of guy between 28 to 33 years old. Most of them are on the wrong side of their career so Girard is a target. But not kadri

Reactions: ArtPeur

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
We would be over the rebuild in 5 years time if we made the right decisions today. In 5 years time, we would be past retention on Price, Gallagher, and Petry and our youth from this next draft would be age 22 ish. Might have a better situation than the Sens have at the moment cause we have less holes and better depth behind the young potential stars.

How long has the Sens been rebuilding? This is the 4th year Karlsson is with the Sharks now.

If we want a true rebuild, we have to accept the pains of making tough decisions today and consider the process may or may not take longer than expected. That's the risks of a rebuild

Yes, but we would lose flexibility in the meanwhile and also be handcuffed in the event that we are ready to compete earlier. I just think we can do better with our retention slots. We have plenty of vets that we can move or sell off at the deadline this year and next:

Chiarot
Drouin
Byron
Kulak
Lehkonen (RFA)
Paquette
Perrault
Wideman

On top of that we have players that likely have value with multiple years on their contracts:
Edmundson
Toffoli
Hoffman
Dvorak

So we have plenty to move and plenty of roster spaces to open up. No need to take on ~10M of dead cap for 5 years. Plus, the trio you mention may gain trade value as they approach the end of their deals. Why pay to sell low?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad