Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I don’t think anyone wants to trade Danault. But if he thinks he’s walking into a long term contract as a first line center than that’s not going to happen. $4-$5M is the range to spend on him and that’s front ended with little trade clause built in. If he thinks he’s worth more, then you have to trade him.
I think he would settle for signing as a 2nd line center. What do they get paid?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think he would settle for signing as a 2nd line center. What do they get paid?
That’s nice for him but I think the idea is for him to play 3rd line role and let Suzuki and KK take the top 2 spots. Don’t think there’s room for him top 6, especially not long term.

Reactions: habsfan891

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I'm open to taking risks but that Gaudreau for 2 years when he will be 29 as a UFA? Not sure that's a risk I would take. Especially considering we already have too many smaller type players. I think Gaudreau might down on our team of smurfs.

But yeah, I'm sure the phone will be ringing a lot. It's best not to take the first deal that comes along.

fair enough but will surly depend on the price to pay . If like the fake rumor it centers around domi plus, i might do it considering domi has 2 years also till ufa.
Though to be fair cant see a deal being that .. it would take much more

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I I don't think it is. The 2022 Draft has 3 or 4 great prospects. If Crosby and/or Malkin fade Pittsburgh may be a bottom feeder. The rest of the team isn't anything special. Of course it depends on Poulin's value. He is big but what is his upside?
No they won't. If they trade Murray and start Jarry all year, the latter will be dominant, again, and they'll finish at least fourth or fifth in the East again. If they trade Jarry and start Murray all year, which I doubt, then you may be right. I believe that the Pens would have won the play-in if they had played Jarry all along. Unforced error on the coach's part.

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
I seen some where that Max Domi has removed him self from Montreal Canadiens Instagram following, and that there is a huge trade between us and Calgary.

Johnny Gaudreau
(unsure if anything is additional)

for

Max Domi
1st round pick (2020)
Ryan Poehling

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I don’t think anyone wants to trade Danault. But if he thinks he’s walking into a long term contract as a first line center than that’s not going to happen. $4-$5M is the range to spend on him and that’s front ended with little trade clause built in. If he thinks he’s worth more, then you have to trade him.

Zuccarello got 5 years, $6 million per last season as a 31 year old winger.

Gustav Nyquist got 4 years, $5.5 million per as a 30 year old.

I’d be surprised if Danault doesn’t get $6 million from some team, especially if hockey related revenue is more known after next season.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I seen some where that Max Domi has removed him self from Montreal Canadiens Instagram following, and that there is a huge trade between us and Calgary.

Johnny Gaudreau

for

Max Domi
1st round pick (2020)
Ryan Poehling
im not giving away a rfa and 1st pick for a guy turning ufa in barely 2 years . Yuck.
This deal would happen with no 1st pick in place. Absolutely bad for habs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Might be forced to move both of them.
Not the end of the world if we do cause the returns won't all be futures. And I think Evans can survive as a 3C based on what we have seen from him so far. Habs are on the right track but we are not going to be contenders in the short span.

This is a great time to see who is selfish and who is not.

A package with Domi and Danault plus some assets from 1st, Caufield, and Poehling is a damn good package. That might get us 6'5, 22 year old, perennial 30-50 goal scorer Laine.

But I think management will sit down with Danault. They really want him. I don't think he gets moved.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Danault is unhappy, damn
Domi Danault 16th Romanov for Laf

OS Sergachev
yay

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Winnipeg laughs than hangs up the phone.

From what I can understand (at least when it comes to fans around the league), Danault has more value than Domi.

If so, Danault (with extension) would be a better centerpiece for Laine (if available).

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Zuccarello got 5 years, $6 million per last season as a 31 year old winger.

Gustav Nyquist got 4 years, $5.5 million per as a 30 year old.

I’d be surprised if Danault doesn’t get $6 million from some team, especially if hockey related revenue is more known after next season.
I think that we have to bite the bullet on occasion and decide to live with slight overpays of ~$1m, especially if it makes a pivotal player happy. Danault is now a perennial Selke candidate, a trophy he will never win because he does not put up as many points as the 2-3 leaders, but nonetheless an elite defensive centerman who is perfect as a 3C, especially if we roll 3 lines. Whoever we replace him with will save us $3-4m but bleed goals and probably not score as much either. Do we really need more cap space that much?

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Johnny Gaudreau

for

Max Domi
1st round pick (2020)
Ryan Poehling

Unless I missed something, it comes from a non reliable source.

With that being said, Domi+Poehling+1st seems like the new Ryder+Halak+2nd!

Reactions: DXStriker

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I think that we have to bite the bullet on occasion and decide to live with slight overpays of ~$1m, especially if it makes a pivotal player happy. Danault is now a perennial Selke candidate, a trophy he will never win because he does not put up as many points as the 2-3 leaders, but nonetheless an elite defensive centerman who is perfect as a 3C, especially if we roll 3 lines. Whoever we replace him with will save us $3-4m but bleed goals and probably not score as much either. Do we really need more cap space that much?

I agree with this. The Habs need centre depth and they have a pretty decent one in Danault. If they had to over pay him a bit and be able to run some form of KK-Suzuki-Danault down the middle for the next few years I’d be good with this.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

especially that Suzuki and KK are on there ELC and after on their bridge contract so we can overpay for a 3rd line Center

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
especially that Suzuki and KK are on there ELC and after on their bridge contract so we can overpay for a 3rd line Center
No way should Suzy and pending how KK plays next, get bridge offers. Sign them long term and get better bang for your buck. All depends if the player wants that of course

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
From what I can understand (at least when it comes to fans around the league), Danault has more value than Domi.

If so, Danault (with extension) would be a better centerpiece for Laine (if available).

Mete is a bit part, the 16th overall is ok but not worth as much as some think, and while Danault has value he isn't enough to get Wpg interested. The asking price is going to be a lot higher than that.

I'd be willing to bet Win starts the convo Suz or KK . A 22 year old 30+ goal scorer will cost a premieum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad