Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 51

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Comtois, Jones, Noel, Greenway, Fischer, Thompson, Anderson, Wood, Jenner, Roslovic, Crouse,

There's a decent list of some bigger, net-front/power forward types that could bring a different look to the team. I think this is a must regardless of whether or not that Gaudreau move is made. Tired of a team that can't cycle well or score off the rush - it's getting old.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I'd keep Tatar
Sure he's not a playoff beast, still a very decent player in the regular season.
The other two are as good as gone. Hopefully we can maximise the return.

Package them both for a VERY solid return?
Sorry but there is not a chance in hell I keep Tatar. This is certainly a player you need to sell high on because he's 29, coming off a career year and a UFA next year.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I really don't think trading Danault is a good idea, I'd sign him to a long-term contract and only trade him when KK and Suzuki are clearly our 1-2C without a doubt. Until then, we have to keep him for at least 2 more years.
He's a UFA after this upcoming season, you're got getting to keep him for 2 more years anyways. And he would be unhappy as a 3C which would reduce production and tank his value. Might as well sell high. Anyways I'd rather ride the KK-Suzuki wave even if that means some losses as a part of the learning curve.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Even that is a low return for Domi.
I I don't think it is. The 2022 Draft has 3 or 4 great prospects. If Crosby and/or Malkin fade Pittsburgh may be a bottom feeder. The rest of the team isn't anything special. Of course it depends on Poulin's value. He is big but what is his upside?

Reactions: Gravity

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I I don't think it is. The 2022 Draft has 3 or 4 great prospects. If Crosby and/or Malkin fade Pittsburgh may be a bottom feeder. The rest of the team isn't anything special. Of course it depends on Poulin's value. He is big but what is his upside?

Nah... Trading Domi for futures only when he is 25 and under team control for 2 more years is risky. Pens won't slip down to bottom 10 and if they trade their 2022 1st, it will come with lottery protection.

Kapanen don't have Domi's value. Domi has played with far less talent than Kapanen and has produced more

Poulin could break out when he turns pro or he could struggle like Poehling. Reality

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Nah... Trading Domi for futures only when he is 25 and under team control for 2 more years is risky. Pens won't slip down to bottom 10 and if they trade their 2022 1st, it will come with lottery protection.

Kapanen don't have Domi's value. Domi has played with far less talent than Kapanen and has produced more

Poulin could break out when he turns pro or he could struggle like Poehling. Reality
I am talking unprotected 1st as the original poster suggested. I don't see Pittsburgh offering that but if they were crazy enough to do it you move an unhappy Domi. If Domi was happy and producing on the wing then you don't consider it.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I wonder if MB has heard of Danault's wishes? I'll bet he becomes aware of it only when danault's agent tells him they will not be signing with the Habs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I am talking unprotected 1st as the original poster suggested. I don't see Pittsburgh offering that but if they were crazy enough to do it you move an unhappy Domi. If Domi was happy and producing on the wing then you don't consider it.

Doubt the Pens trade an unprotected 1st. And even if they do, doubt that pick is a top 10 pick. A lot wrong has to happen for the Pens to slip down that far. I get it, Crosby and Malkin are not young anymore but they are not over the hill.

The probability of the Pens 2022 1st being bottom 10 is very low.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder if MB has heard of Danault's wishes? I'll bet he becomes aware of it only when danault's agent tells him they will not be signing with the Habs.

I'm pretty sure Bergevin will hear about that. He's not an idiot and there are lots of people in the organization that would hear the comments and report back.

Hopefully Danault is not the self centered type. Didn't think he was to be honest. If the Habs didn't trade for him, I doubt he gets opportunity with other teams that we gave to him. If he wants to pull a Subban, we can easily ship him out of town in a trade and watch him melt away with other teams cause they don't play him on the top line. Danault's agent needs step in here. Danault's best shot at a solid contract with term is with the Habs. Other teams are going to treat him as a below average 2C and above average 3C and pay him like that too

I like Danault but if he wants to be selfish, bye bye. We can easily get solid trade value for him and might walk away better suited for the future. I don't think the fans are going to back him up in selfish comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gravity

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I really don't think trading Danault is a good idea, I'd sign him to a long-term contract and only trade him when KK and Suzuki are clearly our 1-2C without a doubt. Until then, we have to keep him for at least 2 more years.

Depends on Danault's contract demands. $5M - $6M range depending on term. He is an above average 3C and below average 2C. No team is paying him with both term and AAV as a 2C. It all comes down to how greedy he becomes.

Is he upset like Domi cause he lost his center spot to Suzuki? Hey, Suzuki produces with whoever you play him with and at the age of 20 too. So take a back seat and be a team player.

There is no room for selfish players. We traded Subban and we can trade anybody who wants to be selfish. Selfish players will ruin hockey team culture

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
A best case scenario would be we trade danault for the 8th overall, and draft Rossi.
Suzuki - KK - Rossi down the middle would be nuts.

Rossi could play in the nhl next year, but he likely makes it the year after.

In 1 year:
Drouin - Suzuki-Gallagher
Domi-Kotkaniemi-Caufield
Tatar-Rossi-Armia
Byron/Poehling - Evans - Lehkonen

Last edited:

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Depends on Danault's contract demands. $5M - $6M range depending on term. He is an above average 3C and below average 2C. No team is paying him with both term and AAV as a 2C. It all comes down to how greedy he becomes.

Is he upset like Domi cause he lost his center spot to Suzuki? Hey, Suzuki produces with whoever you play him with and at the age of 20 too. So take a back seat and be a team player.

There is no room for selfish players. We traded Subban and we can trade anybody who wants to be selfish. Selfish players will ruin hockey team culture
Fully agree. people just have to wait and see , money will be very very tight, and not only due to cap, but due to liquidity issues for many teams.
Top elite players will get their money, but its players like danault that will be shorted as teams will not over pay for a player they feel they can replace from within.

Also to reply to your reply in the previous thread, regarding when is the time to take risks, i agree that due to the sstatus of the team , maybe the time is not now, however the market will presents opportunities that might not be there when the habs are ready to take that risk... So i am in the camp that if an opportunity come about, even though ideally 2 years from now is the time to do it, better to act and not miss out taking advantage of another teams misery.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Fully agree. people just have to wait and see , money will be very very tight, and not only due to cap, but due to liquidity issues for many teams.
Top elite players will get their money, but its players like danault that will be shorted as teams will not over pay for a player they feel they can replace from within.

Also to reply to your reply in the previous thread, regarding when is the time to take risks, i agree that due to the sstatus of the team , maybe the time is not now, however the market will presents opportunities that might not be there when the habs are ready to take that risk... So i am in the camp that if an opportunity come about, even though ideally 2 years from now is the time to do it, better to act and not miss out taking advantage of another teams misery.

I'm open to taking risks but that Gaudreau for 2 years when he will be 29 as a UFA? Not sure that's a risk I would take. Especially considering we already have too many smaller type players. I think Gaudreau might down on our team of smurfs.

But yeah, I'm sure the phone will be ringing a lot. It's best not to take the first deal that comes along.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I really want to see how far I can stretch this.............. but I better come clean. My original post was half facetious.

giphy.gif

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I don’t think anyone wants to trade Danault. But if he thinks he’s walking into a long term contract as a first line center than that’s not going to happen. $4-$5M is the range to spend on him and that’s front ended with little trade clause built in. If he thinks he’s worth more, then you have to trade him.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Domi not happy, Danault not happy, Tatar not performing and UFA coming up, flat cap for the next 3 years, Kapanen traded for the 15th overall. Boy, things are gearing up for a pretty exciting off season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad