Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I would let Barberio is the AHL until the last minute possible. We don't know when injuries will happen and he need to keep our depth. We could call up someone like Hanley that doesn't need waivers and he could sit for some games without any problem. So no need for a trade.

I know it's not reliable in here, but DLC are saying that Hanley will be the one recalled tomorrow. We will see, that's what I expected earlier.

Barberio has to be put on waivers if he stays 30 days on the roster and Redmond is returning only in December. I expect Hanley to be here couple weeks and he could return in the AHL without any problem.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Also if they claim a player on waivers, he must be on their NHL roster (or waived again before they can send to AHL, and habs as the original team could claim and send to AHL).

By trading a player after he's cleared waivers, the new team can assign him to the AHL. And they get the benefit of the 30-day/10-game rule we've talked about a few times.

Thanks for that info. I wasn't aware of that aspect also playing a part in trading for someone who was available for free on waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad