Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I don't think Beaulieu is talented enough to be a top pairing.
How about PE Vlasic ?

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
How are Gaudreau and Kucherov still RFA? Do Calgary and Tampa have exclusive rights? I would think one team would try an aggresive offer sheet.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How are Gaudreau and Kucherov still RFA? Do Calgary and Tampa have exclusive rights? I would think one team would try an aggresive offer sheet.

Some impressive RFA's still not signed.

Gaudreau
Kucherov
Lindholm
Trouba
Rakell
Rieder

Wouldn't be surprised if some team goes for an offer sheet as TB and the Ducks are in a tough spot cap wise but at the same time you just don't see offer sheets very often.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I'd still try and do the Pacioretty for Fowler + Rakell deal, then DD/Emelin to anywhere (even if we have to add a late pick/retain)

Radulov-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Rakell
Carr/Ghetto/Hudon-McCarron-Shaw

lots of potential line combinations

Fowler-Weber (Captain)
Beaulieu-Petry
Markov-Sergachev (9 games then Pateryn if he's not ready, playing with Markov would be ideal IMO)

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
I'd still try and do the Pacioretty for Fowler + Rakell deal, then DD/Emelin to anywhere (even if we have to add a late pick/retain)

Radulov-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Rakell
Carr/Ghetto/Hudon-McCarron-Shaw

lots of potential line combinations

Fowler-Weber (Captain)
Beaulieu-Petry
Markov-Sergachev (9 games then Pateryn if he's not ready, playing with Markov would be ideal IMO)

You risk losing one of your top 4 D to Las Vegas unless you are willing protect only 4 forwards along with 4D, instead of 7F and 3D. A year later, your trade could become Pacioretty for Rakell. Rakell is not in the same stratosphere as Pacioretty.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Patches going no where.

DD is MT's mini mee, sadly going no where.

MB would have to move money to get a guy in return, tough to do

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011

Only issue with giving an offer-sheet is that next summer, we have our own high-profile RFA to sign, who is also going to want big money... By giving Gaudreau/Kucherov an offer-sheet, we may not have the cap space to re-sign Galchenyuk, and it will also create bad blood with Tampa/Calgary who may try to pry Galchenyuk away with a massive offer-sheet of their own.

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
I think someone in the back will be traded.. I'm still thinkin' Sergachev is more talented than Beaulieu and Emelin. If I'm Marc Bergevin .. I'm ready to trade Sven Andrighetto, Alexei Emelin and one or two good pick for 2nd line LW.. or looking for Dwight King maybe or Tanner Pearson.

Jul 6, 2016
I think someone in the back will be traded.. I'm still thinkin' Sergachev is more talented than Beaulieu and Emelin. If I'm Marc Bergevin .. I'm ready to trade Sven Andrighetto, Alexei Emelin and one or two good pick for 2nd line LW.. or looking for Dwight King maybe or Tanner Pearson.

King with McCarron and Shaw on a third line would be great !!!!

Patches going no where.

DD is MT's mini mee, sadly going no where.

MB would have to move money to get a guy in return, tough to do

I don't think so. They tried very hard to get rid of him during the Summer. It might happen sooner rather than later IF one of the kids at centre can really replace him full time.

I don't think Beaulieu is talented enough to be a top pairing.
How about PE Vlasic ?

Why would SJ trade Vlasik ? He's the cornerstone of their D. + he is not very offensive minded.

Last edited by a moderator:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Only issue with giving an offer-sheet is that next summer, we have our own high-profile RFA to sign, who is also going to want big money... By giving Gaudreau/Kucherov an offer-sheet, we may not have the cap space to re-sign Galchenyuk, and it will also create bad blood with Tampa/Calgary who may try to pry Galchenyuk away with a massive offer-sheet of their own.

This. Ultimately, a GM needs to do what is best for his team and if offer sheeting is the way to go, they will regardless of potential repercussions. That said, you don't see this often and then there is this:

http://www.hockeyinsiders.net/2016/06/29/why-offer-sheets-are-a-bad-idea/

Anyhow, as for Gaudreau there is no offer sheet because he hasn't played 3 seasons:

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/a...ible-for-offer-sheet-as-restricted-free-agent

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
We have a LOT of young prospects who we won't be able to fit in and we have a lot of picks to dangle.

With 2 or 3 holes to fill before we can be considered a legit contender, I'd be surprised if we didn't make at least 2 trades, possibly 3 to fill in spots. 1 top 4 D, 1 top 6 LW and possibly a 2nd or 3rd line centre.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Not illogical. But Gaudreau isn't eligible for an offer sheet. Kucherov, however, is. I'd offer sheet Kucherov. Yzerman will be way too busy with next year'a free agents to go hard after Galchenyuk in a move for vengeance. He's got Johnson, Drouin, Palat, Bishop, and Filpula to worry about. If Yzerman matches for Kucherov, you corner him a bit with next year's crop of FA's and you can pry one away next off season.

Also, no one would be able to go hard after Galchenyuk if MB signs him during the year.

And finally, I'm sure Bergevin is game for offer sheeting. There was a report that said he was preparing to offer sheet Brandon Saad last off-season because he knew Chicago was too tight against the cap to match. However, before MB could make his move, Chicago traded him to Columbus. If that is true, that tells me Bergevin is game to do anything and everything.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Pierre Mcguire says Ducks are in trade talks with an Eastern Conference team to make a move in order to free up cap space to sign their RFA's.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Pierre Mcguire says Ducks are in trade talks with an Eastern Conference team to make a move in order to free up cap space to sign their RFA's.

I would like Fowler, but the price would have to perfect.

We would also have to dump Emelin somewhere. No way we can have that 4.1m cap hit and also acquire Fowler for just futures.

Fowler-Weber
Beaulieu-Petry
Markov-Pateryn
Redmond/Barberio

That would be nice.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I would like Fowler, but the price would have to perfect.

We would also have to dump Emelin somewhere. No way we can have that 4.1m cap hit and also acquire Fowler for just futures.

Fowler-Weber
Beaulieu-Petry
Markov-Pateryn
Redmond/Barberio

That would be nice.

we can't get fowler without giving away one of Weber, Beaulieu or Petry (can only protect 3 D for expansion draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad