Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It might not be that simple......

Bergevin wasn't happy Benning let the cat out of the bag on Subban....Habs complained to NHL ,Benning got fined $50,000

The trust was broken....I find it hard to think he will deal with Vancouver GM Jim Benning again .

So you'd give up a chance at making your team better because you have hurt feelings that he spilled the beans on your dirty little secret? Get over it, be a professional and make the team better. It's not like Vancouver is in the same division. If you can improve your team, set your differences aside and get it done.

OR, you can have Dudley do the negotiations. Which is not unheard of.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
A deal around beaulieu , andrighetto and a 2nd Rd pick for edler?

Can't see it. I think Beaulieu is needed this year. MTL would probably want to send Emelin the other way, and entice it with a prospect. Gotta remember, VAN's GM is a damn moron.

Emelin and Juulsen would probably get it done in my eyes. You hate to give up Juulsen, but with the play of Pateryn and Sergachev in the system it's a risk you can take. Also, I'm not hot on Edler and would rather target someone else. But he would make the team better right now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A deal around beaulieu , andrighetto and a 2nd Rd pick for edler?

Does anyone think Andrighetto has any trade value? He could have been had for nothing only a couple of weeks ago, why would a team want to pay for him in a trade?

I think it would be fair to assume Beaulieu goes in a trade either for a D or someone else, since he would otherwise be exposed to the expansion draft. Might as well get something for him.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Does anyone think Andrighetto has any trade value? He could have been had for nothing only a couple of weeks ago, why would a team want to pay for him in a trade?

I think it would be fair to assume Beaulieu goes in a trade either for a D or someone else, since he would otherwise be exposed to the expansion draft. Might as well get something for him.

Trade him in the off-season then. Beaulieu-Pateryn is a dynamic pairing and tehy're going for the cup. Also, they can choose to protect 8 skaters instead of 7 forward and 3 d.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
So you'd give up a chance at making your team better because you have hurt feelings that he spilled the beans on your dirty little secret? Get over it, be a professional and make the team better. It's not like Vancouver is in the same division. If you can improve your team, set your differences aside and get it done.

OR, you can have Dudley do the negotiations. Which is not unheard of.

In business trust is always key....Break the trust seldom do you get it back ever.

Obviously the NHL slapping Jim Benning with a $50,000 fine says it was a very serious breach ....that just happened this summer.....

Maybe Dudley and Linden work a deal...but again it won't suprise me Habs don't deal with Vancouver again with Benning as GM

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

Maybe a team was interested in claiming him but couldn't fit his contract in without first sending someone out. Probably why MB waited until most teams had their rosters already set contract wise before putting him on waivers. Much better chance for him to clear.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Rene Bourque cleared waivers a few years ago. Nobody claimed him. Not long after, he got traded to Anaheim for Bryan Allen. His value was very low, but he had value nonetheless even if he cleared waivers previously.

Andrighetto clearing waivers doesn't tell me he won't be part of a trade. Teams would rather trade for a player because that means they remove a cap hit to take on the new one. If they claim the player on waivers, they simply add a cap hit without making room for it. Let's not also forget the 50 contract limit. That can also play a role in a player not getting claimed.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Rene Bourque cleared waivers a few years ago. Nobody claimed him. Not long after, he got traded to Anaheim for Bryan Allen. His value was very low, but he had value nonetheless even if he cleared waivers previously.

Andrighetto clearing waivers doesn't tell me he won't be part of a trade. Teams would rather trade for a player because that means they remove a cap hit to take on the new one. If they claim the player on waivers, they simply add a cap hit without making room for it. Let's not also forget the 50 contract limit. That can also play a role in a player not getting claimed.

It happens all the time.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
A rebuilding team like Vancouver will want young prospects, not borderline NHL players.

Scherbak, Juulsen, Carr and maybe de la Rose.

The order I'd give up these prospects are:
1) De La Rose
2) Scherbak
3) Carr
4) Juulsen is 98% a deal breaker for me. I think very highly of him.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
1) De La Rose
2) Scherbak
3) Carr

I don't think I'd move Juulsen tbh

I would include Beaulieu in a deal however, Juulsen will be ready to slot in at a great time for MTL on a ELC.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
1) De La Rose
2) Scherbak
3) Carr

Yeah you don't trade Juulsen. Depending how the season goes though, I would sell the farm at the dead line to win the cup this year. I'd sell all those guy's for a top 4 D and top 6 center or wing for a real stanley cup push.

I wouldn't trade McCarron regardless of anything though, he is going to be a legendary Hab. probably not for his scoring prowess though.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah you don't trade Juulsen. Depending how the season goes though, I would sell the farm at the dead line to win the cup this year. I'd sell all those guy's for a top 4 D and top 6 center or wing for a real stanley cup push.

I wouldn't trade McCarron regardless of anything though, he is going to be a legendary Hab. probably not for his scoring prowess though.

My untouchables from all of our prospects are McCarron, Juulsen, Sergachev, and Lehkonen. Carr would also be an untouchable but if I'd HAVE to give him up, I would. But the first four I really, really want to stay in Montreal. Oh yea, Lindgren as well. I'm not giving him to anyone.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
No, you reframed it by all the embellishments you attached to it in your multiple posts.

Hey, keep quoting yourself, if that helps you to agree with yourself. ;)

So by reinforcing my post I embellished but you didn't. Sounds like your as rational as the rest of your posts and rebuttals.

I'll keep quoting what I was saying as long as you keep convincing yourself that I embellished my posts that I'm commenting on. Maybe read the post to begin with and you won't have to back track to make yourself look smart ;)

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
After Vancouver GM Jim Benning got fined($50,000) and caused a major uproar with his Subban comments prior to Habs dealing him, are the Habs and Canucks on speaking terms?

Does Bergevin trust Jim Benning anymore???

the biggest F U to benign would be to make a trade with him :laugh: you know we'd win

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
besides the subban thing, we're natural trade partners with them...they sucks and have assets they need to capitalize on, and we're great and need to add depth on D...not to mention bergy has already been rumoured to have been pursuing elder in the past...i think we could see something here....canucks absolutely have to retain though and shouldn't have any problem doing so...lots of money...no immediate need for cap space do er up bergy

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Trade him in the off-season then. Beaulieu-Pateryn is a dynamic pairing and tehy're going for the cup. Also, they can choose to protect 8 skaters instead of 7 forward and 3 d.

Good point about the 8 skaters option, given that there is a significant drop-off in talent on the final slots.

Sure, trade him in the off season, however, every other team will have Beaulieus and Pateryns on the block at that time -- which should make for a very soft market for sellers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So by reinforcing my post I embellished but you didn't. Sounds like your as rational as the rest of your posts and rebuttals.

I never attacked you personally, only contested your unsupported droppings.

You're now suggesting that I am irrational, which is a personal attack and as far as I know, it is against this site's rules.

If you don't like what I write, please put me on ignore and refrain from personal accusations.

Thanks for nothing.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
1) De La Rose
2) Scherbak
3) Carr

Who wants a defense-only third/ fourth liner? I doubt there is a market for De La Rose. The others carry some value. Agreed with making Juulsen the last available on your list, although his concussion history is a red flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad