Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Detroit needs to move some money to get under the cap and they could use a right handed d-man....trade Pateryn and Andrighetto for Nyquist......then trade Flynn for a pick and put DD in the minors if you need to create some cap space.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Detroit needs to move some money to get under the cap and they could use a right handed d-man....trade Pateryn and Andrighetto for Nyquist......then trade Flynn for a pick and put DD in the minors if you need to create some cap space.

Pacioretty - AG - Gallagher
Radulov - Plek - Nyquist
Lehkonen - Mitchell - Shaw
Carr - Danault - Byron
Matteau

Petry - Weber
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Redmond
Barberio

Is that really a better line-up?

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
If yak really is waiver bait Barbario for Yak

Bottom pairing PMD RD for reclamation project

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
Pacioretty - AG - Gallagher
Radulov - Plek - Nyquist
Lehkonen - Mitchell - Shaw
Carr - Danault - Byron
Matteau

Petry - Weber
Markov - Emelin
Beaulieu - Redmond
Barberio

Is that really a better line-up?
Yes it is a better line up especially if Sergachev is ready to play.:)

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It's a great lineup already, just feel it would be better if the Habs can somehow trade for Matt Duchene(LHC) from the Colorado Avalanche. Considering they are in rebuild mode, the Habs having two 1st rounders & five 2nd rounders in the next two Entry Drafts, + many young prospects Colorado's Joe Sakic might be interested in acquiring. If the Habs Sergachev makes the squad, our defence will be great, adding a center of Duchene's abilities, the Habs forward corps will compare favorably with any NHL team. Having Carey Price in nets, besides great netminding, his calm demeanor on the ice & clubhouse must give his teammates the feeling they are already champions!!!...:nod::nod::nod:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
what you guys think of Emelin to Vancouver ( the need a dman) for Cole Cassels and a pick ? We don't have a real right handing centerman and he is the style that like Therrien and Bergevin

subbang76

I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!
Nov 26, 2011
To Montreal:

Martin Hanzal

To Arizona:

David Desharnais
Sven Andrighetto

Bergevin said this past summer that he wants his team to play hard. Having Desharnais playing the 3rd line goes against this. Hanzal would be a good addition.

Works for both teams with regards to the salary cap. Andrighetto is added to sweeten the deal.

Habs lines work out to be :

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Plekanec - Radulov
Carr - Hanzal - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

the Habs would be deeper at the centre position.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
To Montreal:

Martin Hanzal

To Arizona:

David Desharnais
Sven Andrighetto

Bergevin said this past summer that he wants his team to play hard. Having Desharnais playing the 3rd line goes against this. Hanzal would be a good addition.

Works for both teams with regards to the salary cap. Andrighetto is added to sweeten the deal.

Habs lines work out to be :

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Plekanec - Radulov
Carr - Hanzal - Shaw
Danault - Mitchell - Byron

the Habs would be deeper at the centre position.

One little problem here, John Chayka is not a compete ******.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Hanzal is untouchable for the Coyotes. Would you trade Plekanec for Grigorenko and John Mitchell if his cap hit were doubled?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I know I wouldn't be patient with DD this season if I was MB.
Like, 10-15 games.

jjmathews202

Jul 21, 2015
Depending on how Nate and Weber turn out, what would it take to get Fowler from Anaheim? Right now their trade position is pretty weak because of cap and RFA issues.

Andrighetto also looks like an odd man out because Lehkonen and Carr definitely have proven they are the two wingers that should start the season. Probably can't put him to waivers without seriously risking someone claiming him, and leaving him as 13th forward will be a detriment to his value as a young player making improvements to his game. Could we make a deal around Andrighetto and Fowler with some extra picks we have going Anaheim's way to sweeten the deal? It would probably also have to involve moving Emelin for a pick to a team needing a heavy hitting D-man, who ain't cheap but played well last year and can take the cap on.

Anyone with more experience valuing players have thoughts on this?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Depending on how Nate and Weber turn out, what would it take to get Fowler from Anaheim? Right now their trade position is pretty weak because of cap and RFA issues.

Andrighetto also looks like an odd man out because Lehkonen and Carr definitely have proven they are the two wingers that should start the season. Probably can't put him to waivers without seriously risking someone claiming him, and leaving him as 13th forward will be a detriment to his value as a young player making improvements to his game. Could we make a deal around Andrighetto and Fowler with some extra picks we have going Anaheim's way to sweeten the deal? It would probably also have to involve moving Emelin for a pick to a team needing a heavy hitting D-man, who ain't cheap but played well last year and can take the cap on.

Anyone with more experience valuing players have thoughts on this?

I don't see the Habs waiving Ghetto, going to be very interesting what the ducks do as they are up against the cap and have 2 major hold outs, plus they have to think about the expansion draft and who they will be able to protect on defense. Hard to say how desperate the ducks will get, the rumor is that they are in talks with an eastern team but we'll see what happens.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I just don't see MB doing it for the reasons other GMs have rarely done OS, they have been unsuccessful and it just puts a bullseye on your organization.

Like I said in an earlier post, I would offer Yzerman Patches plus for Kucherov.

Like I said, it's more day dream than realistic but wouldn't it be nice to have a more creative GM?

If we're to believe some reports that came out during the season, Bergevin was preparing an offer sheet for Brandon Saad. His contract was up and Chicago was tight against the cap (as is the norm for them). Bergevin knew the Hawks wouldn't be able to match so he was ready to go that route. However, he most probably was a little more honorable and let Bowman know that he will prepare one. That led to Chicago trading Saad to Columbus instead of losing him to an offer sheet by Bergevin.

If that is true, Bergevin is not afraid to go the Offer Sheet way to get players he wants. Bob McKenzie strongly believes that Kucherov will be offer sheeted. It wouldn't surprise me if Montreal is one of those teams. Bergevin will need to make plenty moves to make it work. And Yzerman has stated that he'll match any offer. If Habs force them to match an offer, it could force the Lightning to give up on their RFAs next year (Palat, Drouin & Johnson). So if you don't weaken them this year, you almost assuredly will next year.

As for a trade, I'm one who wants to keep Pacioretty but Kucherov is one of the few I'd probably be okay with trading Max to acquire. But man, Pacioretty's contract is too sweet to give up on. While you have Desharnais ans Emelin's contracts handicapping you, you have contracts like Pacioretty and Gallagher who offer you room to go get other players, as well.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I don't see the Habs waiving Ghetto, going to be very interesting what the ducks do as they are up against the cap and have 2 major hold outs, plus they have to think about the expansion draft and who they will be able to protect on defense. Hard to say how desperate the ducks will get, the rumor is that they are in talks with an eastern team but we'll see what happens.
Who do you think we could pick from one of the cap-crunch teams? Who would you target?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Also that their asking price has lowered. A few teams are linked to Fowler, but the two teams pursuing the hardest seem to be Detroit and Montreal.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If the Habs get Fowler then they have him, Beaulieu, Weber and Petry they would look to protect for the expansion draft, and they can only protect 3 under the option they are likely to select. Since the Ducks don't need more D, that tells me it would have to be a 3 team deal for Fowler whereby Beaulieu goes, or the Habs use Beaulieu in the top 4, some top 2 time, see how he does and then decide on him or Fowler later in the year.

jjmathews202

Jul 21, 2015
Also that their asking price has lowered. A few teams are linked to Fowler, but the two teams pursuing the hardest seem to be Detroit and Montreal.

I know this is probably a lowball (maybe not though?) but we have an extra second round pick for the upcoming draft. Andrighetto + 2nd round pick +? Detroit needs to shed cap (not sure if they have something in mind that would work for them and ANA), so I feel like we are probably the most logical choice based on need and cap space.

I think Emelin probably has to move if anything is going to happen with ANA. Not sure what teams have any interest. What teams have the space and need?

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Dump 5'5 Desharnais (or package him with a better player to get a real 3rd line CENTER):

Pacioretty - Pleks - Radulov
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Carr - Mitchell - Shaw
Farnham - Danault - Byron
Ghetto
Flynn

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov/Emelin-Petry
Markov/Emelin-Pateryn

Sergachev (trade Emelin if Sergachev makes the team...or keep 'em all until the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY trade comes along...or let Sergachev FULLY develop his defense in juniors for one more year...and/or get him back for playoffs 2017).

How about DD to Washington for Eller we would then have a third line center.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I would like to see a series of moves:

Fowler for Andrighetto + 2017 2nd + DLR

Beaulieu for Yakupov + 2017 2nd

Emelin to New Jersey for Ben Thomson + 2017 4th

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Plekanec-Radulov
Shaw-McCarron-Yakupov
Carr-Danault-Byron

Fowler-Weber
Markov-Petry
Redmond-Pateryn

Price
Montoya

That is AWFUL and so far from reality that it makes me question you as a habs fan.

Beau is a 23 y.o. developing PMD who's showing signs of improvement every year and will have every opportunity to develop into a legit top 4 playing with Weber.

Yaks isn't worth a 3rd round pick at this point.

Saying you don't mind making this bad trade because of the fictional Fowler trade also makes no sense. Why would you throw away a valuable asset for pennies on the dollar just because in your fictional trade you made some pennies on another trade. The net result is still even so what's the benefit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad