Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
PLAYOFF zeroes...find a way to trade/package 'em:
<Pacioretty (I don't care if he score 35 or 39 goals in regular season...he's useless in playoffs...get rid of him before every GM finds out what a tin man he is in playoffs)
<Desharnais (5'5...no matter how much effort he puts in playoffs...he will always be 5'5)
<Markov (so many Markov fans here, but we will never win a CUP with Markov in our top 4...never ; turtle-slow give-away/turnover machine...wish that $5.75mil was going to a better/faster/younger playoff dman).
<Emelin (brain-dead defensively...and it's more obvious in playoffs...never ever came close to being consistent with Defense 101...and seems to get HOT only vs Bruins, that's not good enough for $4.1mil).

Pacioretty+DD=$8mil:shakehead
Markov+Emelin=$10mil

We could have Stamkos-esque+Hedman-esque players instead of the four non-playoff players we have. Quality vs quantity/crap.
0 since 1993 will go on and on...until Bergevin (or another GM) adds more playoff winners to the lineup and dumps all (or most) of our playoff losers.
(pissed off 'cause we had Subban, Weise, McDonagh...we had a contender with those three, but it was too good to be true).

PLAYOFF players:
<Price (hoping he gets HOT in playoffs+stays healthy)
<Shaw (major playoff warrior for Chicago)
<Weber
<Mitchell
<Gallagher
<Petry
<Beaulieu? (hoping he has the ''it/grit/heart'' factor in playoffs)
<Pateryn (he may be a reliable/solid #5-6 playoff dman for us one day)
<Danault (hoping he brings ''it'' in playoffs)
<Lehkonen (hopefully!)
<Carr (hopefully!)
<Hudon (hopefully!)
<McCarron (hopefully! playoffs 2017? or playoffs 2018?)
<Galchenyuk (not sure yet if he's a playoff winner...)

Last edited:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Dump 5'5 Desharnais (or package him with a better player to get a real 3rd line CENTER):

Pacioretty - Pleks - Radulov
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Carr - Mitchell - Shaw
Farnham - Danault - Byron
Ghetto
Flynn

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov/Emelin-Petry
Markov/Emelin-Pateryn

Sergachev (trade Emelin if Sergachev makes the team...or keep 'em all until the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY trade comes along...or let Sergachev FULLY develop his defense in juniors for one more year...and/or get him back for playoffs 2017).

Last edited:

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
You could get Fowler under the cap....trade Flynn 950,000,put DD in the minors another 950,000,trade Andrighetto 650,000 and you already have 1.4 million in cap space.

Jul 6, 2016
Dump 5'5 Desharnais (or package him with a better player to get a real 3rd line CENTER):

Carr - Mitchell - Shaw
Ghetto
Flynn

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov/Emelin-Petry
Markov/Emelin-Pateryn

Sergachev (trade Emelin if Sergachev makes the team...or keep 'em all until the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY trade comes along...or let Sergachev FULLY develop his defense in juniors for one more year...and/or get him back for playoffs 2017).

I've got the same first two lines. That would work quite well. Add Galchy on PP, and pair Weber and Radulov on the point. But I want McCarron on this line up.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
You can get Fowler under the cap by trading Flynn 950,000 trading Andrighetto 650,000 and putting DD in the minors 950,000,you already have 1.4 million of cap space.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I'd try and trade Pacioretty+ for Kucherov.

I think it would work for TB since they can't afford Kucherov, but they can afford Pacioretty. But then we need to find a taker for Emelin and/or DD.

EDIT:

After looking on CapFriendly.com, it's actually possible to trade Patch for Kucherov, sign Kucherov to 7.5M without even having to unload Emelin/DD.

Last edited:

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

I think it would work for TB since they can't afford Kucherov, but they can afford Pacioretty. But then we need to find a taker for Emelin and/or DD.

EDIT:

After looking on CapFriendly.com, it's actually possible to trade Patch for Kucherov, sign Kucherov to 7.5M without even having to unload Emelin/DD.

And what happens to Radulov, Galchenyuk and Beaulieu next year ?

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Not illogical. But Gaudreau isn't eligible for an offer sheet. Kucherov, however, is. I'd offer sheet Kucherov. Yzerman will be way too busy with next year'a free agents to go hard after Galchenyuk in a move for vengeance. He's got Johnson, Drouin, Palat, Bishop, and Filpula to worry about. If Yzerman matches for Kucherov, you corner him a bit with next year's crop of FA's and you can pry one away next off season.

Also, no one would be able to go hard after Galchenyuk if MB signs him during the year.

And finally, I'm sure Bergevin is game for offer sheeting. There was a report that said he was preparing to offer sheet Brandon Saad last off-season because he knew Chicago was too tight against the cap to match. However, before MB could make his move, Chicago traded him to Columbus. If that is true, that tells me Bergevin is game to do anything and everything.
You are right that Yzerman will have a lot to do next off-season, but realistically speaking, Filppula probably won't be brought back and Bishop will likely be traded at some point during the season. That leaves Johnson, Palat, and Drouin. Even if he has no intention of adding Galchenyuk to his team, you'd have to think that if we cornered him with Kucherov, he'd try to corner us with Galchenyuk by forcing us to match a big offer sheet. However, if Bergevin signs Galchenyuk during the season, then it would be possible to offer sheet Kucherov and avoid the repercussions next Summer. The only other thing is that we don't have cap space galore either. We have to sign Beaulieu next summer as well, and Radulov if he pans out. Plus Price is coming up the summer after next and you have to think he'll easily get what P.K.'s contract was. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Kucherov, but at the same time, I don't think it's realistic.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
And what happens to Radulov, Galchenyuk and Beaulieu next year ?

First of all, we are in win NOW mode. We have 2 years to win. So I would worry about doing everything I can to win right freakin' now.

Secondly, next year we have Markov, DD and PAP's buyout coming off the books, almost 11M right there. Also Plekanec and Emelin's contracts will be a lot more palatable for other teams with only one year left on them.

Finally, when you have the chance to acquire a dynamic player performer of Kucherov's caliber, you pull the trigger and worry about consequences later (if any).

Soltantgris

May 31, 2010
I don't think so. They tried very hard to get rid of him during the Summer. It might happen sooner rather than later IF one of the kids at centre can really replace him full time.

They tried very hard ? Source ? Hawks unloaded Bickell. How the hell ''trying very hard'' to trade 1 year of DD contract can by unsuccesful ?

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
First of all, we are in win NOW mode. We have 2 years to win. So I would worry about doing everything I can to win right freakin' now.

Secondly, next year we have Markov, DD and PAP's buyout coming off the books, almost 11M right there. Also Plekanec and Emelin's contracts will be a lot more palatable for other teams with only one year left on them.

Finally, when you have the chance to acquire a dynamic player performer of Kucherov's caliber, you pull the trigger and worry about consequences later (if any).

Why 2 years ? What makes you think Price will leave ? Kucherov is good but he's no Crosby, yes he performs better than Pacioretty during the playoffs, but the rest is pretty equal...

Markov is not easily replaced and I wouldn't be surprised if he re-signs next season.

I'm totally on board with you, with the idea that this team should do everything they can to win now, but not at the expense of the future... Price is in his prime and if we take Brodeur as an exemple, he should be for 6-7 more years, so if we manage this team correctly it should be a contender for the foreseeable future.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Why 2 years ? What makes you think Price will leave ?

It's not just Price, it's Weber too. These guys will be getting older, and won't be getting better as they get older, we can only hope that they don't decline. Also Pacioretty has 3 years left on his deal. He's great value right now, but after that... if he gets a significant raise...

And Price, more specifically, will get a big ass raise in 2 years.

Kucherov is good but he's no Crosby, yes he performs better than Pacioretty during the playoffs, but the rest is pretty equal...
Kucherov is a much more dynamic and well rounded player offensively. Pacioretty is big, fast and has a great wrist shot. Everything else is lackluster.

Markov is not easily replaced and I wouldn't be surprised if he re-signs next season.
It would be a mistake. Markov showed significant decline last year. I'm worried about this season and his ability to keep up, especially in the spring. Nevermind next year...

I'm totally on board with you, with the idea that this team should do everything they can to win now, but not at the expense of the future... Price is in his prime and if we take Brodeur as an exemple, he should be for 6-7 more years, so if we manage this team correctly it should be a contender for the foreseeable future.
Acquiring Kucherov for Pacioretty is not throwing away the future. We'd be getting younger actually. Kucherov is also a much better player than Pacioretty going forward.

As for Price being in his prime.. everyone has a different career path with how long they remain elite.

DirtyMitts

Oct 1, 2016
Montréal, QC, Canada

EDIT:

I'd trade Pacioretty for Kucherov in a heartbeat. I'd even add to it. Kucherov is a stud.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Carr - Mitchell - Shaw
Ghetto
Flynn

Beaulieu-Weber
Markov/Emelin-Petry
Markov/Emelin-Pateryn

Since Windsor is host to the 2017 Memorial Cup, I doubt Sergachev will be available to the Habs.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Trade Emelin(4.1M) to NJ for a 3rd/4th
Trade Andrighetto(650K)+Carr(725K)/Hudon(625K)+1st for Fowler(4M)

Gotta keep DD at least as a backup 3rd C incase of injuries.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
We should trade a few Fwds and dd for Tobias rieder

PAC-galchy-rieder
Gallagher-Plekanec-Rad
Carr-mccaron-shaw
danault-Mitchell-Byron

lehkonen as extras . Ghetto traded . Hudon in ham

Last edited:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
2 guys I'd like to get are Hanzal and Sharp.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Sharp-Plekanec-Radulov
Carr-Hanzal-Shaw
Byron-Mitchell-Danault

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
2 guys I'd like to get are Hanzal and Sharp.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Sharp-Plekanec-Radulov
Carr-Hanzal-Shaw
Byron-Mitchell-Danault

We blew our chance at Sharp already last year. I really wanted him when he was available. He went for Daley and Garbutt.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
What's the point? They're 2 super studs. It's a lateral move.

REASONS NOT TO TRADE

- Patches has almost hit 40 goals a couple of times, Kucherov has hit 30 once, which is a bad year for Patches
-Patches is considerably bigger and the Habs are small as it is
-Patches plays more of a two way game
-Patches is on a cheap contract for 3 more years at $4.5M, Kucherov is RFA and looking for big pay now, guessing $7-$8M

REASONS TO TRADE

-Kucherov only has 2 full years in the NHL so hitting 30 goals is solid and there is every reason to believe he can hit higher goal totals
-Patches has 3 inches and 30 pounds on Kucherov, but both are perimeter type players so there really is no loss in terms of physical play or driving the net etc
-Personally don't care about the two way play, don't think it's that big here or important, Patches is skilled but Kucherov more so
-Kucherov is 23 and Patches 28, no problem for me paying up now for Kucherov
-People dump on Patches for being a play-off dud, but I don't consider him to be a dud. He has 10 goals and 18 points in 32 play-off games, a 25 goal pace, which is pretty good. However, Kucherov has 22 goals and 42 points in 45 games, a 40 goal and almost point a game pace. Kucherov is a play-off performer, a stud
-Kucherov can apparently play either wing position
-Would seal us a destination team for Russians

Hands down I would do this trade as a Hab, hoping MB is actually checking this out and seriously trying to make a deal, because this would be huge for us. We would have to add but maybe not as much as might be thought because how many almost 40 goal snipers can you get that are paid under $5M a year ?

Sure, the Cap, but DD to the minors saves $950 000 and we would just need to shed a couple million more. Ideally MB would sweeten the deal so that TB would take DD back in the deal, as he just has a year left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad