Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
How about:

:sens
Mike Hoffman

:habs
Daniel Carr
2017 3rd round pick

Habs bring Hoffman to arbitration and then make adjustments to roster for salary cap purposes.

I strongly doubt Sens and Habs would trade with each other.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I doubt Ottawa trades with Montreal....but Hoffman would be an amazing pick-up for our 2nd line.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I would do Gallagher and something for Hoffman

Pac-galch-mccaron
Hoffman - -plek- radulov

Jesus Christ what an amazing top 6. I know losing Gallagher would suck but Hoffman would make up for it plus mccaron would screen the net better.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
The Brassard trade ate about 1.7 million of Ottawa's cap margin, which might affect what they do next with Hoffman.

All that matters for Ottawa is Melnyk's internal budget, and they shade salary by waiting until after Brassard's signing bonus was paid. They only added about 400k of actual salary if I'm looking at it right

TheAntiPrice

Oct 25, 2009
Montreal, QC

Pac-galch-mccaron
Hoffman - -plek- radulov

Jesus Christ what an amazing top 6. I know losing Gallagher would suck but Hoffman would make up for it plus mccaron would screen the net better.

McCaron is nowhere near ready for first line duties.

We already lost the soul of the team in Subban, now you wanna trade away its' heart?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
With Melnik wanting to spend as little money as possible the Sens might actually look for young, cheap players with upside in a potential Hoffman trade. Guys like Ghetto, Carr, Beaulieu,etc. For an established LW like that I'd be willing to let them pick pretty much anyone out of our top 10 prospect list as well, outside of Shergachev .

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
With Melnik wanting to spend as little money as possible the Sens might actually look for young, cheap players with upside in a potential Hoffman trade. Guys like Ghetto, Carr, Beaulieu,etc. For an established LW like that I'd be willing to let them pick pretty much anyone out of our top 10 prospect list as well, outside of Shergachev .
Why did they trade Prince for picks if that's the case.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

Pac-galch-mccaron
Hoffman - -plek- radulov

That's bad for us.

Let's trade a #1RW at a great contract for 5 years and add to get a slightly better RFA player who is probably asking for 5m+, while getting older.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014

Pac-galch-mccaron
Hoffman - -plek- radulov

Fill one hole and open another.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
You have to give to get

Gallagher is a good player but he is replacable. We hype him like he is the legit ,40-40 guy in our top 6.

Wouldn't even consider trading Gallgher for Hoffman. I can't believe that was even brought up. Thank god nothing ever poster in the trade section ever comes true. Gallgher > Hoffman

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
You have to give to get

Gallagher is a good player but he is replacable. We hype him like he is the legit ,40-40 guy in our top 6.

No but he was on pace for 30-30 last year... For a measly 3.75m per year.

I'd love to pick up Hoffman, but players like Gallagher on a sweetheart deal like that.. That's how you build a cup winner.

I'd have no problem trading any our prospects minus Serge in a deal for Hoffman.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Lehkonen/Ghetto + 1st 2017 and DD to Anaheim

Fowler to Montreal

Anaheim gets a top 6/top 9 player they want, buy out DD and save money in the process and get a 1st round pick.

Montreal trades for a top pairing defenceman similar to Josi to play with Weber.

Expansion draft, protect Weber, Petry and Fowler.

Montreal then turns around and trades Emelin and save on his $4.1MM and sign Hudler or Versteeg for more depth up front and still have some space to add a player at the deadline or trade to take on salary.

Patches Plex Gally
Hudler/Versteeg Chucky Rads
DLR Danault Shaw
Carr Mitchell Byron
Flynn

Fowler Weber
Markov Petry
Beau Pateryn
Barberio Redman

Price
Condon

Still have $4.3MM in can assuming Hudler or Versteeg at $2MM. That's enough to keep Emelin or DD if we can't find a taker for one of them.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Lehkonen/Ghetto + 1st 2017 and DD to Anaheim

Fowler to Montreal

Anaheim gets a top 6/top 9 player they want, buy out DD and save money in the process and get a 1st round pick.

They do?

Andrighetto isn't a proven top 9 guy. Any person on the Aniheim side is going to see this as garbage+garbage + cap dump + 1st for Fowler.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Wouldn't even consider trading Gallgher for Hoffman. I can't believe that was even brought up. Thank god nothing ever poster in the trade section ever comes true. Gallgher > Hoffman

Yup. I'd take Gallagher over Hoffman any day of the week. Some posters are just stat watchers.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
They do?

Andrighetto isn't a proven top 9 guy. Any person on the Aniheim side is going to see this as garbage+garbage + cap dump + 1st for Fowler.

Seeing as they weren't getting the top 10 1st they were looking for, getting a 1st AND solid prospect AND cap space is a solid offer. Would it be enough to get it done? I don't know but I know it's a fair offer.

Last edited:

Feb 20, 2012
Calgary
Seeing as they weren't getting the top 10 1st they were looking for, getting a 1st ANa solid prospect AND cap space is a solid offer. Would it be enough to get it done? I don't know but I know it's a fair offer.

So we really end up giving two first rounders away for their 4th best dman as we lose Beau in the expansion draft. All around horrible ideas on this site.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Move Desharnais for Scott Hartnell.

He's the second line winger with size and toughness that the Habs need.

Something around Desharnais and a pick for Hartnell.

Trade the 2017 1st rounder, Andrighetto and another piece for Fowler.

Move Emelin if possible.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Hartnell - Plekanec - Gallagher
Carr - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Mitchell - McCarron

Fowler - Weber
Markov - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Price
Montoya

And then you expose Beaulieu? No thanks...awful proposal

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Seeing as they weren't getting the top 10 1st they were looking for, getting a 1st AND solid prospect AND cap space is a solid offer. Would it be enough to get it done? I don't know but I know it's a fair offer.

I agree with him, it's a garbage offer, mostly due to Desharnais being involved. He's reaching the point of negative value

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
So we really end up giving two first rounders away for their 4th best dman as we lose Beau in the expansion draft. All around horrible ideas on this site.

You're argument makes no sense. Would you rather horde picks or get actual players that can help you win NOW? I'll take a Fowler vs a 2017 1st +++ anyday of the week. To get a player that helps you take a run at the Cup in the next couple of years is far more valuable than what will likely be a lower 1st round that may help you in 3-5 years.

As for Beau, there's no certainty you'll lose him. There are 30 other teams that have to expose players and defencemen, many are more established and better than Beau.

I agree with him, it's a garbage offer, mostly due to Desharnais being involved. He's reaching the point of negative value

You're personal feelings aside, I did mention in my post that we have enough space to keep DD or Emelin. Besides, DD can be a very serviceable player in the right position. The vitriol against him is more because of MT's use of him as a 1st line centre. No one was complaining when he was playing as the 3rd line centre and anchored one f the best 3rd lines in hockey early last year before everything went off the rails and MT put him back on the top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad