Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
With Yak in Edmonton ,that org has been so unstable it's not funny...
Bring him into Montreal ,you'll see a different player...I would give a second if we had to.

We got a Philip Danault and a 2018 2nd round pick for Dale Weise
and Tomas Fleischmann....

Give the Oilers the Hawks second rounder..So it becomes Philip Danault and Yakupov for Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann....

Sign me up !!

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
With what has been discussed, I doubt it frees up any cap space. Anyway, I think it's just a made up circus by the media. It gets people's attention.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
With Yak in Edmonton ,that org has been so unstable it's not funny...
Bring him into Montreal ,you'll see a different player...I would give a second if we had to.

We got a Philip Danault and a 2018 2nd round pick for Dale Weise
and Tomas Fleischmann....

Give the Oilers the Hawks second rounder..So it becomes Philip Danault and Yakupov for Dale Weise and Tomas Fleischmann....

Sign me up !!

Why give them a 2nd when they might take a 3rd?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
As I said in the other thread, stop hoping Yakupov is going to magically turn into a scorer. It's been 4 full NHL seasons. He's just not a good pro player.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If Subban is traded we better end up having two top-10 picks tomorrow, plus two players who can immediately step into the lineup - one forward in the top-6 and one defenseman who'd be on the top pairing.

So yeah... Subban ain't going anywhere. No team will pay the price. People seriously seem to be forgetting that he's a top-4 defenseman in the league.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Why give them a 2nd when they might take a 3rd?

A 2nd "if" we have to.....If they will take a 3rd fine...
Something i would'nt let get in the way of a deal...2 or 3rd,just get it done...

The Hawks 2nd (imho) was free.....So using it to acquire Yak is no risk

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If Subban is traded we better end up having two top-10 picks tomorrow, plus two players who can immediately step into the lineup - one forward in the top-6 and one defenseman who'd be on the top pairing.

So yeah... Subban ain't going anywhere. No team will pay the price. People seriously seem to be forgetting that he's a top-4 defenseman in the league.

Knowing MB...moving Subban would require a boatload...see Lindros trade minus $$$.

A 2nd "if" we have to.....If they will take a 3rd fine...
Something i would'nt let get in the way of a deal...2 or 3rd,just get it done...

The Hawks 2nd (imho) was free.....So using it to acquire Yak is no risk

I'm not saying I would not, but I'd look at what else is out there first...Perron Hudler Purcell etc.

Not all UFA forwards will get paid, it's a deep deep crop and not a lot of teams have money and cap room. after the top 6-7 UFA's others will have to settle for 1 year and 2-3 mil type deals...

Last edited by a moderator:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
As I said in the other thread, stop hoping Yakupov is going to magically turn into a scorer. It's been 4 full NHL seasons. He's just not a good pro player.

I'll bet you if it was Gally27 who went to Edmonton,he'd be in the same boat.....(not as good as he's been with Montreal)

Oilers brought in a bunch of 18/19 year olds with little guidance and keep changing coaches......

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I absolutely hate Yakupov, low IQ, skates in such short strides that he really isn't as fast as he looks, always goes for the same shot selection, can't pick a corner to save his life, I could go on and on, yet, for a 3rd rounder, I still take my chances that he turns it around.

Don't underestimate how toxic the Oilers have been the last 5 years

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'll bet you if it was Gally27 who went to Edmonton,he'd be in the same boat.....(not as good as he's been with Montreal)

Oilers brought in a bunch of 18/19 year olds with little guidance and keep changing coaches......

The other players are fine. They aren't a good team but at least others produce. Yakupov just sucks.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

I generally agree, but for a 3rd? What are the odds of getting a good pro player with a 3rd? Probably lower than the chances of Yakupov finding some kind of a scoring touch. So on that basis alone, sure, I'd do it.

It's hard to judge Yakupov fairly until he gets out of Edmonton. Surely there must be something redeemable there, even if it's only a 50 point player instead of the 80-90 point player people expected when he was drafted.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Desharnais alone arguably has the same value as Yakupov. And you're giving them the 9th too? Sheesh. Whose side are you on?

I guess DD must really have negative value... Despite Yak not exactly lighting it up, I don't see how DD would help Edmonton specifically. they are pretty good down the middle and adding DD doesn't exactly make them a heavier team for the West.

Anyhow, like you and everyone else said, that is a terrible trade. I suppose if the Oilers trade RNH for some help, picking up DD may be feasible for depth, but I don't see otherwise how this is good for Montreal and certainly not Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad