Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
From what I hear Lou might send those two first rounders to the Sens for Hot Karl. Then Ottawa can let the Avs have the #4 pick this year and the Sens can keep next year's first rounder which is sure to be a lottery pick.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
This is the only way to go if we ever want to be a top team.

We'd have to adjust our franchise philosophy/paradigm which is just as important IMO. There is no indication we have done this or even considered it. The firing of Lefebvre was just the establishment buying time. For what I do not know. His supporting cast is still there...

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
If the Habs could ship out Price, Weber, Alzner, Shaw, Petry and any other older player and stock up on picks for the 2019 and 2020 drafts I'd be all for it. Fire MB, hire a new GM to tear it all down and build it back up.

I think you still need a few quality vets to support young guys, or else you risk breeding a losing culture. I feel like that's the issue with most failed/never-ending rebuilds.

I don't think you can trade both Weber and Petry, for example. Or else what's the plan, play Juulsen 25 minutes a night?

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I think you still need a few quality vets to support young guys, or else you risk breeding a losing culture. I feel like that's the issue with most failed/never-ending rebuilds.

I don't think you can trade both Weber and Petry, for example. Or else what's the plan, play Juulsen 25 minutes a night?

Exactly, look at all the tank teams that can’t turn it around because the culture is built on losing.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

I agree you need some quality vets on the team but you could sign some cheaper vets to short term contracts to help show the kids the way instead of having vets on long term contract big contracts. I don't think the Habs could even move some of these contracts anyway so it's pretty much a moot point but I'd still try to move what I could.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Big-Name Rumors Swirl at NHL Draft; Pens Keeping Cap Space Available

The name which keeps popping up with industry sources is Derick Brassard. Montreal is a powerful presence, and Pittsburgh Hockey Now has been told several times Montreal likes Brassard. Now, that means nothing as of this writing. Montreal is apparently in on Buffalo’s Ryan O’Reilly. Just as we heard the Penguins liked Max Domi for months, the same scuttle surrounds Brassard, who will be an unrestricted free agent next summer.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I am convinced that agents/teams leak these things to drive up the price. Its why the habs are always linked to every UFA.

As far as Brassard goes, he wouldn't be a horrible consolation prize. Could probably be a decent 3C on this team, maybe a lower end 2nd C. Would help the tank and at his contract would take it over a guy like Bozak. He only has 1 more year and could probably be flipped at the deadline for a 2nd round or 3rd rounder.

If habs added ROR, ROR/Danault/Brassard/JDLR is decent C depth much better than what he had last year.

Depends on the price.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I am convinced that agents/teams leak these things to drive up the price. Its why the habs are always linked to every UFA.

As far as Brassard goes, he wouldn't be a horrible consolation prize. Could probably be a decent 3C on this team, maybe a lower end 2nd C. Would help the tank and at his contract would take it over a guy like Bozak. He only has 1 more year and could probably be flipped at the deadline for a 2nd round or 3rd rounder.

If habs added ROR, ROR/Danault/Brassard/JDLR is decent C depth much better than what he had last year.

Depends on the price.
Why go for Brassard when there's Stastny out there for the cost of money only? Molson's money.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad