Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Why go for Brassard when there's Stastny out there for the cost of money only? Molson's money.
He only has 1 more year left at a reasonable salary...

Brassard is probably Bergevin's fallback plan...if everything doesn't work itself out. He'll trade for Brassard.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
As a last resort if Pens take half the 5 million he is owed for the last year on his contact i offer Pens a 2019 7th take it or leave it.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Why go for Brassard when there's Stastny out there for the cost of money only? Molson's money.

Brassard is on shorter term, only 1 year contract.

I think his 1 year contract would make him a good middle 6 C to go along with a Stastny or ROR.

Stastny is on the bottom of my list due to age and contract he will want.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Brassard is on shorter term, only 1 year contract.

I think his 1 year contract would make him a good middle 6 C to go along with a Stastny or ROR.

Stastny is on the bottom of my list due to age and contract he will want.
If you’re getting ROR , fine take brassard
But if brassard is your off season pick up, all fans should boycott the bell centre

Reactions: NameInUse

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If you’re getting ROR , fine take brassard
But if brassard is your off season pick up, all fans should boycott the bell centre

I wonder if Pens would add an extra piece if they view him as cap dump?

Ya if Brassard is MB's big move then its clear the team is tanking this upcoming season. As long as nothing big is going the other way I don't have a big issue with getting DB. Either he helps the team tank and is sold, or MB gets some other pieces and he slots in somewhere in the middle 6.

After this season he is gone anyways so no loss. All though with MB at the helm 7 year 10 million extension is always possible :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: Zorba

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
They play at the Bell Center but have no centers though.
Sure they do. They have Drouin, Shaw, Danault, the Wolverine Shaw, Byron, Froese, De La Rose, Mccarron, and even Domi. How many centers do you want? Next thing you're going to tell me is you want good centers.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If we don’t pay much I’m fine with it as a stop gap. He’s still be our 2nd best center so why not st this point? Even if we get a 1st line center, Danault and he can push for the 2nd and 3rd slots. We have $18M in cap and we’re losimg Patches. Unless we sign Tavares and Carlson, I doubt we’ll even get to the ceiling.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
If we get a #1 then maybe
For now Drouin can be the #2 and Danault at 3
Keep the picks/prospects for a better center than Brassard
I would think/hope that the plan is to get 2 centers if we're looking to become competitive. Would love to have Drouin go back on the wing.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Brassard is not terrible by any means, could be a #2, or the #1 on a team that is planning to tank but still be somewhat competitive. Either way, it would not bug me that much as long as the price is not too much

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
The Pens don't want him for a reason.

Nonetheless, I'd be down with a short term C solution as long as it doesn't compromise the future.

We need to restructure and develop players in their proper positions. If Brassard and even signing Plekanec for that matter can push Drouin back to the wing and help develop our young wingers (Hudon, Lehkonen, Scherbak) and act as models for our young C's (Poehling, Evans, DLR) it would be a step in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad