Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Mattias Brunet relaying what Martin McGuire said that Pacioretty will be traded to LA. As for Vilardi and Clague, that's more Brunet saying he hopes they would be part of the return.

Martin McGuire has never broken anything. He's just not reliable and not connected to the right people.

One time, he speculated on something brewing based on who was walking behind him from the privileged location he sits at to broadcast Habs games on the radio. He's not better than people who concoct trades based on scouting attendance lists posted on Twitter.

Hopefully he gets this one right. Although, there will be no Vilardi and Clague without the Habs adding, evidently.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
only Viliardi would make me moist

TMI.
puke.gif

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
would be shocked if they got Viliardi, not sure they could get JAD either but would be great if so. I like Eyssimont as more of a throw in, teammate of Poehling's.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Martin McGuire has never broken anything. He's just not reliable and not connected to the right people.

One time, he speculated on something brewing based on who was walking behind him from the privileged location he sits at to broadcast Habs games on the radio. He's not better than people who concoct trades based on scouting attendance lists posted on Twitter.

Hopefully he gets this one right. Although, there will be no Vilardi and Clague without the Habs adding, evidently.

I would agree. McGuire keeps telling us of his stories and never stay on topic. I wouldn’t consider him an insider

Reactions: Runner77

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
LA not doing anything until Kovy gets back to them. May not happen by draft and Patches will be long gone by then.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I don't think anybody knows if Kovalchuk is better than Paccio at this point. Would have to see him play in the NHL first. The guy had a dominant career and Paccio can be quite ghostly.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Habs aren’t In tank mode. They’re in patch mode
You can’t tank with price and Weber. Contracts are too big.

There contracts are actually perfect for a tank. They take up a lot of space which means you can get away with filling your roster with stopgap cheaper players and kids. If we can’t tank because Price and Weber are dictating games positively, that’s a different story.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
There contracts are actually perfect for a tank. They take up a lot of space which means you can get away with filling your roster with stopgap cheaper players and kids. If we can’t tank because Price and Weber are dictating games positively, that’s a different story.
They will dictate positively. They’re still good players
A tanking team doesn’t need them

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
JAD is a hell of a prospect. Don't keep Max when the Kings understandably don't want to trade Vilardi. Get some more 1sts or something.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
They will dictate positively. They’re still good players
A tanking team doesn’t need them

Maybe. I think Price’s season last year kind of put to rest that he can’t just carry any garbage. If we do improve our D and Weber’s healthy, then yes we’ll likely get stuck on mediocre island.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad