Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Why would a bottom five team like the Islanders make that trade?

If they were bottom 5 they wouldnt be interested in Petry and they certainly wouldnt trade us the pick. I was thinking if they were a play off bubble team.

But yeah, ask over the top a bit I guess. But he is a no.3D . If we added in a 2nd rounder. Corey Schneider as a UFA in a year got 9th OA , so Dobson a 12th OA plus say a 20th OA, minus a high 2nd rounder . Dont think it's way off guys. And Stepan in a package got 7th OA. So yeah, close.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If Petry plays like he did the 2nd half of last year, there's a chance we could add a prospect in the neighborhood of Suzuki's level from a team that thinks they need one more good dman to put them over the top.
If return is there I would move Petry. Bergevin was on 690 this week said he is not trading Weber. Wants his attitude and leadership for all the young players coming up over next few years. So, see a good chance Petry is traded.

Jul 6, 2016
If return is there I would move Petry. Bergevin was on 690 this week said he is not trading Weber. Wants his attitude and leadership for all the young players coming up over next few years. So, see a good chance Petry is traded.

Why would he ? RH d-men are very precious.... You keep them if you have a good one.... Even Pateryn got some value.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yes,if Petry goes at the deadline it will be to a team that thinks they can win the cup like Tampa especially after missing out on Karlsson.

I have been holding out hope that we make a big move with the panthers, they could do some damage with that group of forwards. Petry and something say Bryon might be of interest I hope.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
The one to trade is Weber, not Petry. Weber will provide a nicer return, and he is older.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Betting that Scherbak gets traded and the lines will end up being something like this :
Drouin - Domi - Lehkonen
Tatar - Peca - Gallagher
Hudon - Danault - Armia
Byron - Plekanec - Ward / Shaw

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
So now that Byron just signed, it's safe to say he's not being traded.

Who's on his way out? Hope I'm wrong but my money is on Scherbak

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I have a bad feeling about how the organization will go about handling Scherbak.
Oh Bergevin will lose the trade for sure. Bergrvin sucks at trading younger players. And now that Scherbak has no role on the team, there is pressure to trade him which means that he won't get the proper value.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Oh Bergevin will lose the trade for sure. Bergrvin sucks at trading younger players. And now that Scherbak has no role on the team, there is pressure to trade him which means that he won't get the proper value.

Step1: Destroy his value by mismanaging him.
Step2: Continue step1 until you reach the point where it is evident that you are forced to trade him, giving yourself no leverage in trade talks.
Step3: Accept whatever offer you can find on the market. Obtain a redundant fringe player which is grittier but has vastly less skills and upside.
Step4: Pat yourself on the back and tell the media you have done what was best given the circumstances you were placed in.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariolemieux66

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
If still want to take a run st Theodore. He’d definitely solidify a young D to be a lot more respectable.

Theodore Weber
Reilly Petry
Mete Juulsen
Alzner

Not bad and with the future additions of Brook, Fleury, Romanov etc. we’re looking better and better though still missing a blue chip stud D prospect. Never know, maybe we end up getting Broberg or Byram that can get us that elite D if we finish 5-10 range. Or draft another center. ;)

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Well , maybe. But alternatively my guess is they have interest in Byron and Petry.

Wonder if as we head to the TDL , depending on how they are doing, whether the Isles would have interest in Petry.

Petry for Dobson and Isles 1st in 2019 or 2020, their choice.
You wildly overrate Petry.
Dobson is drawing scouting comparisons to Seth Jones and Pietrangelo. He had a strong prospect camp and is following that up with a good training camp. The knock on him is at 6'3 he us lanky and needs to gain weight.
Tanguay said for fans not to sleep on hin making the isles this season, but older prospects like Toews, Aho are more likely to stick this season.
And no interest in moving a 1st for Petry.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Step1: Destroy his value by mismanaging him.
Step2: Continue step1 until you reach the point where it is evident that you are forced to trade him, giving yourself no leverage in trade talks.
Step3: Accept whatever offer you can find on the market. Obtain a redundant fringe player which is grittier but has vastly less skills and upside.
Step4: Pat yourself on the back and tell the media you have done what was best given the circumstances you were placed in.

I am a huge hater of Bergevin , but this isn’t on him. Scherbak never proved he was ready, and when he started playing good he got injured. Had a good year in the AHL but here we are again in pre season, and Scherbak still doesn’t look ready. That’s not on management for once. He’s just simply not a fit right now, and he needed to be at this point because he has to clear waivers. Not everyone is going to pan out. I mean I’m sure we’re all hoping he turns it up a couple levels in the next couple games and forces their hand, but that’s on him to do that. So far he hasn’t

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I am a huge hater of Bergevin , but this isn’t on him. Scherbak never proved he was ready, and when he started playing good he got injured. Had a good year in the AHL but here we are again in pre season, and Scherbak still doesn’t look ready. That’s not on management for once. He’s just simply not a fit right now, and he needed to be at this point because he has to clear waivers. Not everyone is going to pan out. I mean I’m sure we’re all hoping he turns it up a couple levels in the next couple games and forces their hand, but that’s on him to do that. So far he hasn’t

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012

I mostly agree with what you are saying here, nonetheless he has lots of skills and he is young with room to progress, I am afraid we might regret it in a few years if we just lose him away. Being a couple days away from being waivers exempt is hurting his case right now, I hope management can see pass that, I believe he will be legit NHL caliber next year, just have to be patient with him and accept the fact that he might struggle this year. So hopefully they aren't to harsh on him this year, especially publicly when it easily becomes at risk to spiral out of control.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dagistitsyn

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
You wildly overrate Petry.
Dobson is drawing scouting comparisons to Seth Jones and Pietrangelo. He had a strong prospect camp and is following that up with a good training camp. The knock on him is at 6'3 he us lanky and needs to gain weight.
Tanguay said for fans not to sleep on hin making the isles this season, but older prospects like Toews, Aho are more likely to stick this season.
And no interest in moving a 1st for Petry.

May be. But Petry is a legitimate no.3 RHD who is just 30 with 3 years left on his contract. Guys like this go at a premium.

Dobson might be a great prospect , but all prospects are compared to somebody, like Kotkaniemi to Barkov. Doesnt make it so.

Dobson still has a good amount of bust potential because that's how it is when you draft. He probably has better than even odds of being an NHL player, but much less of being a top 4 D. That he is a top player is probably 40%. The added 1st rounder if around 20 gives an okay chance of a top player but that's about it.

With Petry a team gets a top RHD, all we get is futures which carries a lot of risk.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
May be. But Petry is a legitimate no.3 RHD who is just 30 with 3 years left on his contract. Guys like this go at a premium.

Dobson might be a great prospect , but all prospects are compared to somebody, like Kotkaniemi to Barkov. Doesnt make it so.

Dobson still has a good amount of bust potential because that's how it is when you draft. He probably has better than even odds of being an NHL player, but much less of being a top 4 D. That he is a top player is probably 40%. The added 1st rounder if around 20 gives an okay chance of a top player but that's about it.

With Petry a team gets a top RHD, all we get is futures which carries a lot of risk.

Zero chance Petry gets you Dobson 1-1, let alone the rest of the package you said.

Seriously. Let it go. This is not a defensible position.

Reactions: ProspectsFanatic

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Zero chance Petry gets you Dobson 1-1, let alone the rest of the package you said.

Seriously. Let it go. This is not a defensible position.

Ok. Agree to disagree, but not the main point anyway.

My belief is Petry will be in demand at the TDL and certainly worth listening to offers. I think the Isles and Blackhawks are teams that may be interested. We dont have to trade Petry so unless it's a very good D prospect coming back and a good pick, we can wait.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Ok. Agree to disagree, but not the main point anyway.

My belief is Petry will be in demand at the TDL and certainly worth listening to offers. I think the Isles and Blackhawks are teams that may be interested. We dont have to trade Petry so unless it's a very good D prospect coming back and a good pick, we can wait.

I agree with that. I’m good with trading him for a 1st if it’s abailable and going after Trouba in the offseason.

But seriously, you need to lower your expectations of what you expect he’ll fetch.

Reactions: DAChampion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad