Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Byron has two 20 goals season in a row (second best on the team each of thise seasons) and if he can keep that pace this season there is no doubt in my mind that he will be worth a 2nd round pick and a bit more. I'd say that with a 50% retention he could fit on any contender and give them enough space to bring an other player of impact for the playoffs.

I doubt that he could get us a first, if he ends up with three consecutive seasons of 20 goals he will look at a big raise and I can't see a team paying that big of a price for a player that will at least triple his salary.

A 2nd round pick + 3rd/4th/5th would make me happy (with 2nd + 4th being best case scenario imo), anything more would amazing for him. It's sad that we couldn't compete long enough because he could have done some damage.

For Donskoi, can't see that happening. He plays with a lot of heart and can fit everywhere on the line up for the Sharks. If that trade happen it will be because bergevin wants to shed contracts and is ready to send more than what he receives.

If I'm Bergevin and rebuilding is the goal, I'd look at Toronto. Weber is the best fit they could ever dream of. He would be perfect for their leadership group and bring a lot on the ice. Nylander is still not signed and he could add some talent on the wing.

Reactions: HabsHater9000

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I'm torn between the idea of trading or keeping Byron. If we were already good or well on our way there, Byron is a player I keep without hesitation. He's a guy you can win with. Can score 20, fill in any role, gritty even though small. He's a great player to have on any team.

I feel the same way. We have a lot of depth on the wing and another 2nd rounder or so in next year's draft would be great, but Byron is a great example to have around our younger guys given he never takes a shift off.

An ideal scenario would be he gets traded at the deadline, then signs back in the summer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
i think Byron can get us a 2nd, let's hope

If Petry plays like he did the 2nd half of last year, there's a chance we could add a prospect in the neighborhood of Suzuki's level from a team that thinks they need one more good dman to put them over the top.

Gabriiel40

Dec 13, 2017
With the signing of Teasdale and Brook...doesn't that put us at 50/50 contracts. I suspect a trade incoming.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
I see absolutely no room for Scherbak on the team where he can succeed. I'd be interested in LHD options.
Yup if Scherbak cannot play top 6 then move him ....Islanders have some fast LHD like Devon Toews won the fastest skater at AHL all star game and Sebastian Aho both will probably not make the Islanders and the Isles have 3 impending UFA forwards....Lee,Eberle,Nelson.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yup if Scherbak cannot play top 6 then move him ....Islanders have some fast LHD like Devon Toews won the fastest skater at AHL all star game and Sebastian Aho both will probably not make the Islanders and the Isles have 3 impending UFA forwards....Lee,Eberle,Nelson.
I'd love Aho but I can't see the Isles trade dmen. They desperately need them.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

nah, Scherbak can play on the 3rd line and develop.
I see absolutely no room for Scherbak on the team where he can succeed. I'd be interested in LHD options.

I've only see parts of the preseason games, but Scherbak didn't look all that bad in the parts I saw. Don't know what people are all up in arms about. Hopefully I'll get the chance to watch him closely on Saturday.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

Or a guy like Jacob Larsson in ANA ?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
There is literally no player or prospect on this team I wouldn’t trade is the return was sufficient. Not. Anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad