Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season edition 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yannman

May 25, 2018
I agree. I would keep Byron at 4/$10 million or so. He can kill penalties, he can move up the lineup from the bottom. Shaw's contract should be moved 1st. That would open the door more for William Bitten. If you could get a decent prospective d for Shaw, take the deal, on damaged goods.

I would trade him this year to a contender with a lengthy contract awaiting him on july 1st. Byron, everything you look for in a pro.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I would trade him this year to a contender with a lengthy contract awaiting him on july 1st. Byron, everything you look for in a pro.
Tatar, Danault, Domi, Armia, Plekanec, Ward, Drouin and Gallagher is plenty of veterans on the team, then you have DLR, Hudon, Lehkonen and Scherbak. Byron is redundant on this team, trade him along with Benn and let the young guys play.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
If Byron gets moved at the deadline and i stress ...IF.....knowing Bergevin he might sign him....hopefully he gets moved the Anaheim for someone like Comtois.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
I love Scherbak..With that being said I don't think the Organization is as keen on him. I'd try something for Shea Theodore.

To VGK: Nikita Scherbak, Jordie Benn, 2nd round pick in 2019, 2nd round pick in 2020
To MTL: Shea Theodore

Years to Come:

Theodore - Weber
Mete - Juulsen
Romanov - Brook

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
It’s not obvious to everyone. Some posters saying they don’t see why we’d trade Byron or Petry.
Because they are actually talented. Lets wait to see how the season goes before we trade off any more decent players. This is the worst time of year to trade players because teams first want to see what they have and what will be available on waivers.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Bean or Fleury maybe :dunno:

Zach Lauzon from Pittsburgh
Kevin Bahl from Arizona
Oliver Kylington from Calgary
I agree that one or both of Scherbak or McCarron should be traded but teams can fill their rosters with similar players via waivers.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Because they are actually talented. Lets wait to see how the season goes before we trade off any more decent players. This is the worst time of year to trade players because teams first want to see what they have and what will be available on waivers.

Not saying tontrade them now or at the deadline or whenever. Just broadly stating that no one player on this team can’t or shouldn’t be traded depending on the return.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I agree that one or both of Scherbak or McCarron should be traded but teams can fill their rosters with similar players via waivers.
A team acquiring a Scherbak or McCarron that didn't make the Montreal Canadiens roster wouldn't do this trade to fill their NHL roster, but their AHL one. It would be a reclamation project for them, so they would wait until they clear waivers imho.

If we want an LHD that is interesting, we'd most likely have to add also.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
If the Habs can get Byron signed on a 3 year 10 million dollar deal they should sign him. He is a great player, can play in any situation. His game is built for the way the NHL game is being played now.

If he gets traded, I wouldn't accept anything less than a 1st round pick, he would fit on any team in the league

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
If the Habs can get Byron signed on a 3 year 10 million dollar deal they should sign him. He is a great player, can play in any situation. His game is built for the way the NHL game is being played now.

If he gets traded, I wouldn't accept anything less than a 1st round pick, he would fit on any team in the league
I would trade him for whatever and sign him July 1st. Why not just get both? Right?

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm not willing to overpay for Theodore tbh. He is so inconsistent.

Not sure that’s overpayment. None of those players other than Byron may even be on the roster this year. McCarron is worth zilch. Scherbak hasn’t really progressed or impressed at this camp. We have 2 2nds and multiple young goalie prospects.

I’d make that or a similar trade for a young solid D like Theodore who’d look great next to Weber for years to come.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Not sure that’s overpayment. None of those players other than Byron may even be on the roster this year. McCarron is worth zilch. Scherbak hasn’t really progressed or impressed at this camp. We have 2 2nds and multiple young goalie prospects.

I’d make that or a similar trade for a young solid D like Theodore who’d look great next to Weber for years to come.
Oh I am not talking about that package, just in general.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Lever, Gauthier and Savard are just there to point and laugh.

Well , maybe. But alternatively my guess is they have interest in Byron and Petry.

Wonder if as we head to the TDL , depending on how they are doing, whether the Isles would have interest in Petry.

Petry for Dobson and Isles 1st in 2019 or 2020, their choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad